Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: FOR A GOOD TIME
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:43 pm 

TALK TO BIILY BOB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:20 pm 

I see your back and posting strong. Where were you? Hiding in the closet :wink: I thought I told you what would happen if you did that :x
Also Mr. Town Manager while were talking will you please fix the problem with the sewers. I really can't afford to pay any more to have my waste shipped south. As they say S--T rolls downhill :twisted: I guess I better go and cash my cans in need some BEER money :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:47 pm 

Why do we pay more for sewers than towns that don't have water shooting up out of the sewer caps in the street every time it rains?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:35 am 

BILLY'S ON TOP OF IT. FIRST THING IM CUTTING OFF DJOKESONYOU'S
SEWER CONNECTION. SO IF YOU HAVE TO TAKE A DUMP GRAB SOME LEAVES AND
RUN INTO YOUR BACK YARD AND SQUAT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:36 pm 

Zippy, Would you be talking about the manhole over by Pine Crest Marina? We pay more because...hell I dont know why its like Nipsco
we just have to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:57 pm 

BILLY, Why would you do that to me? :shock: Don't you know how cold it gets out there when you have your pants down below your knees? :oops: Man I thought since I voted for you and you became Town Manager we were better then that. :wink: Well I thought wrong I guess I'll go by some flowers and make some new friends. :evil: The flowers are to make my yard smell better not to rub shoulders :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:15 pm 

Zippy, we pay high rates because rather than fixing the problem with our sewers our town council chose to build 2 equalization basins that cost the town somewhere in the range of 4 million dollars. :evil: You see our sewer system was put in quickly, by a slip shod contractor many years ago. Now it has failed. The best way to fix the problem would be to use a process known as insituform. This process lines the inside of the pipes, and stops storm water from entering the sewer system. But rather than using this process to eliminate storm water, the elected brain trust chose to dig 2 gigantic holes in the ground on Morse to "hold" the sewage so that it could slowly be treated at the waste water plant in Lowell. :? So was the problem solved?, no. We still have tons of storm water entering the sewer system, thats why when it rains the manhole lids blow off by pine crest and other places. 4 million and the problem still exists. Now the elected mensa society is looking to tack on a storm water fee. Thats right now they want to bill you again for a problem they didn't fix right the first time. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:45 pm 

Owl,
This is most unfortunate, I was under the belief that those sewer basins were a thing of the past. Are you having any luck making positive changes?

As far as adding more fees for the Cedar Lake citizens, I am in hopes that with a few more complaints in to federal offices (from insiders as well as citizens) with the way things are being run here, audits will be in the very near future for Cedar Lake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:36 pm 

The EQ basins are active components within our sewer system now. Rather than stopping storm water from entering the sewer system at it's point of origin, hence, stressing the sewer system even more :? . The choice was made to build two EQ basins on Morse. Now I may be a fool but,.... If you set out two bowls in the rain what happens? They take on water. :? So the result would be that the town is paying for even MORE storm water to be treated as sewer water. So, MORE money would be paid out not LESS by building them. :cry:
About evoking positive change. I try to talk to my neighbors and others within the community more about how they feel about the community. Asking how they would make it better. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:33 pm 

Yes,
I have done a lot of talking to others also and it seems there are many with good input, but afraid to stir the pot. What a shame. If we could convince some to share their ideas with the board at meetings maybe, just maybe some positive changes could occur. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:32 pm 

The Owl wrote:
Zippy, we pay high rates because rather than fixing the problem with our sewers our town council chose to build 2 equalization basins that cost the town somewhere in the range of 4 million dollars. :evil: You see our sewer system was put in quickly, by a slip shod contractor many years ago. Now it has failed. The best way to fix the problem would be to use a process known as insituform. This process lines the inside of the pipes, and stops storm water from entering the sewer system. But rather than using this process to eliminate storm water, the elected brain trust chose to dig 2 gigantic holes in the ground on Morse to "hold" the sewage so that it could slowly be treated at the waste water plant in Lowell. :? So was the problem solved?, no. We still have tons of storm water entering the sewer system, thats why when it rains the manhole lids blow off by pine crest and other places. 4 million and the problem still exists. Now the elected mensa society is looking to tack on a storm water fee. Thats right now they want to bill you again for a problem they didn't fix right the first time. :evil:

There is some truth to what you are saying but there are some things that you missed.

For many years just after the sewers were put in town board members like Bob Carnahan, Mary Loudermilk, Tom Dowling and the like refused to fix the problems that existed because they would have to raise the sewer rates and they wanted to be re-elected. So to save a dime then it's costing us a dollar to fix now. The problems did not fix themselfs they got worse and more of them.
The storm water could have been fixed but Mary Loudermilk who was now out of office was able to stop a small fee that would have given town money to fix some drainage problems , but being the slum lord that she is she fought the small fee, now we pay higher sewer rates.
As for the sewer rates there are some other towns in Indiana that are paying close to $100 a month for sewer and water, and the bulk of the bill is for the sewer service not the water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:22 pm 

Truth, you are dead on correct. I thought I was getting kinda' long winded in my last post so I tried to only give a technical overview. :wink: Sure, those you chose to name were very instrumental in putting us in the situation we are in today. However, there have been several town councils elected since that time that have opted to look the other way as well. :cry: How many darn phases are there to this darn sewer project anyway? Phase 3c and counting? :twisted: