Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: When is it time to ask one of our teachers to retire?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:20 pm 

I am not complaining and I have taken action, I am looking for feed back at this point.. I recently moved here about two years ago, I wanted to give my daughter a sense of community that we did not get in the city.. This year my daughter got the teacher that has been teaching now for over 30 years, at first I was like wow she is better than I to put up with kids all these years and still want to teach.. The first day back to school turned into a year of what to dos.. My daughter who has been on honor roll since kindergarten, and loved school no longer wants to go because she says the teacher brings her personal life to the class room, but she is not the only kid all her friends say the same thing.. I have spoke with the board the principal, I even had a conference with this teacher in which she tells me;" all kids when they hit a certain grade let their grades drop." Nerveless to say when do we say a teacher needs to retire. She has been heard saying I did not have kids because I don't like them!!![/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:27 pm 

I haven't children of my own but am a college graduate and if I counted on the so called difference in teachers and what is taught during a semester or for a petes sake high school year then I wouldn't so much on how you feel this one teacher should retire. Look at the whole picture and depend on the strenght of the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:15 pm 

what teacher is this? i graduated in 02, thers quite a few teachers that been there for 30 or more years, i guess you dont really have to like kids to teach, you just have to love to teach. i think when they teach the wrong thing or dont know or are always sick, then thats a reason for retirment, you shoulda been around when mr racheal was teaching, talk about some fun days. I miss hanover.