Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Gotta Love Those Baggy Pants
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:24 am 

Baggy pants help the police catch the bad guys!

Two convicted felons caught by police after chase
Recommend Comments

September 26, 2008

By Lori Caldwell Post-Tribune staff writer

GARY -- It was either the "big gun" in the front seat, or their drive-through order -- just a paper bag -- that made McDonalds' employees suspicious enough to call police.
That alert led to a brief chase, a squad car chase and finally the arrest of two convicted felons, Lt. Samuel Roberts said. Both were charged Wednesday with unlawful possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon and criminal recklessness.

Calvin Dobbs, 27, who served about seven years of a 20-term in the December 2000 shooting death of Joey Macon, was behind the wheel of a Ford Explorer that Patrolman Nicholas Deem saw in the lot at 5th Avenue and Grant Street about 3:50 a.m.

Deem followed the truck as it ran stop signs, then halted suddenly and started backing up until it crashed into his squad.

Both occupants ran. Deem and Patrolmen Robert Hemphill and Marvin Bankhead caught Dobbs, who ran out of his baggy pants early in the pursuit. Deem found two loaded magazines for semiautomatic weapons in the pockets.

Dobbs told police, "You guys got me. I was arrested for murder and I'm out on parole. I'm going back now," the arrest report states.

Minutes later, Lt. Ron Pineda located Marshan Gildon, 25, at 3rd Avenue and Arthur Street. Gildon was sentenced in January 2006 to three years in prison after pleading to charges reduced from attempted murder for a shooting at the same McDonald's where Tuesday's incident began.

Police recovered a handgun and a semiautomatic rifle in the car, Detective Cpl. Arturo Azcona said.

Post subject: Re: Gotta Love Those Baggy Pants
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:32 am 

LOL @ ordering a paper sack at a McDonalds drive thru

What idiots