Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Clarke Station schoolhouse
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:56 am 

In doing family history research, I was told that my aunts (possibly my mom) attended an old two-room schoolhouse (abt.1935) called Clarke or Clarke Station Schoolhouse.

Their father was killed in a fatal car accident and the sisters were told by their teacher there at that schoolhouse. The girls were all quite young and have only vague memories; I am on a quest to find a photograph of that schoolhouse, which I understand used to be on W. Birch Avenue, on the NE corner of Industrial Highway.

I am also interested in locating any police accident records of their father's demise, newspaper commentary or ANYONE who might have any recollection of what in fact happened to their father. (RAFAEL BORROEL)

Any leads on where to go in Gary to research records (approx.1940) would be very much appreciated.

Although we have lost both of our parents to cancer, this information would help put some of the missing peices in place for our family; and in their memory, I am diligently seeking out this information.

Respectfully,
-Kade1201