Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Haterch Running for Mayor
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:30 am 

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake ... 79867.html

During a news conference outside the election board office, Hatcher said Gary's "deteriorating conditions" have led her to consider running for mayor.

The issues challenging Gary include "alarm at the city's high unemployment rate, crime problems, poverty and the lack of investment," she said.

LMAO you mean the problems her dad brought upon the city? :lol:

Here we are in the year 2010. So did driving out whitie really make Gary that shining example of black pride that it was supposed to become? I don't think anybody would like to try and argue that it has. Certainly MS. Hatcher isn't. So given the state of the city what can she realistically do to address the issues she claims she will remedy?

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake ... 28f4d.html

Firefighters kindle opposition to cuts

I don't mean to pick on Gary firefighters specifically but given the city is but a technicality away from bankruptcy some drastic measures are going to be needed or else the state will eventually step in and impose financial sanity.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post subject: Re: Haterch Running for Mayor
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:37 am 

So another Hatcher wants to be mayor of Gary.. Big deal. She points out all the problems of Gary. Somebody close to her, fill her in. It was her old man Richard, that caused all this problem. Before Richard Hatcher took over, Gary was a terrific viable city. Crime wasn't there. People worked instead of waiting for a welfare checks. Hatcher drove the whites out with his demand to many employers, that must hire blacks. Loading city hall with only blacks that didn't have qualifications to handle their jobs only made things worse. Now don't give me that jazz I'm a racist. That's the black answer when confronted by the truth. Look what is HAPPENING to Cal City. Look at what HAPPENED in Dolton,Harvery,Riverdale, Markham and all the other cities black leadership has taken over. It just plain facts. That's the way it is, plane pure factual, nothing else. It's about time that someone in the black population speaks out and admits to the facts and demand the black community shape up and fly right. Take Chicago. Is it whites killing whites. NO. From an outside view of things, it appears many blacks have no value of life. Many Gary residents have been hard working individuals, many retired.
But this young mislead generation is wrecking it for everyone, both black and white. Talk to these law abiding folks of Gary and they will tell you the same thing. They are afraid to go out on the streets. Some that have escaped from the existance of Gary and I'm speaking of blacks, exclaim that, "they can't believe what a difference it is in the real world".

Post subject: Re: Haterch Running for Mayor
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:33 am 

Ok her dad ruined the city, but I am not going to go out and say she will make it any worse than it already is though, considering Rudy Clay has gone and done that already

IMO what the city really needs right now is an outsider to run the city, someone with absolutely no ties to anyone in the city at all to be in charge of the city, same for the council. I know that state law says you need to have lived in the city to run for office, but in this case, I think the AG and Feds need to over look that aspect. The city needs fresh idea's and no nepotism right now