Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: GARY IS A LOOSER
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:44 pm 

It's weired how the residents of Gary have little if any to comment on their city or the other surrounding cities and towns. They appear to be just happy with what they have to contend with in everyday life. If I lived in a city that has crime as it is, I would hound the officials day and night to get things corrected. At times it looks as if Gary has given up or they just don't care. They have lost a Newspaper, 2 Radio Stations, numerous other facilities that was good for the city. O'h yes let's not forget a Television Station that now operates out of Chicago and Channel 56 that was dedicated to Gary. Merrilville has excepted 56 and WLTH with open arms.
You would think some of the citizens would be screeming about this, or on the other hand. did several big shots in Gary make a few bucks in the deal?

Post subject: Re: GARY IS A LOOSER
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:10 am 

I'd say a majority of them are double, triple, even quadruple dipping the system they definitely do all they can to stay off the radar.

Besides...when you live off other peoples money what is there to bitch about?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:02 am 

You hit the nail on the head.. Some residents of Gary, have never had a job in their life. I heard it on a radio show several years ago, she went on to say most of her neighbors were doing the same thing. Getting welfare, rather than work. I heard about one person having 27 welfare cards. This rather recent. You just have to know how to play the game.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:17 am 

Not all citizens of Gary are that way though. Some do try to make a difference, just they got drowned out by the ones who won't do anything at all

Its pretty bad when the main investigator for the GPD has to call the local newspaper and practically beg for someone to go "on the record" with a murder investigation, who they know did it, have enough circumstantial evidence to bring charges, and has a list of 30 people who know something, BUT THOSE 30 PEOPLE REFUSE to talk to the police. So another homicide in Gary goes unsolved and no one stands trial and another murderer gets to run free in the city and there is nothing the police can do. I call that pathetic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:36 pm 

That code of silence is a big thing in the black community. It's the thing that's holding down the arrest of shooters in Chicago. In Gary, you have a select few that want to hold the little guy down and ignore them completely in order to reap from the gravy train.. Why the black individuals don't start thinking for themselves and rid themselves of the trait that they only vote for one party. That one party doesn't give a hoop about them personally. They only want their vote. I grant it would be hard for them to go against the present administraion in Washington because they have one of their own in charge. But on the other hand didn't the whites elect their man? If the blacks do not come forward and show how important their vote is, then I assure you, if the President does not get re elected, they will be set back in time, which would be a shame. But that's politics.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:54 pm 

The thing is, Gary could be much better than it currently is. The only reason why they no longer are in contention for murder capital of the US is because the population has dropped below 100K so they are not even looked at anymore when figuring up the stats. Sure there are worst places than Gary in the US, but not very many. And alot of times, crimes in those cities do get solved, because people speak up

What the citizens of Gary need to do is vote out everyone in office right now, and elect new people to the positions, get fresh idea's in place. But that is sadly a big pipe dream