Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: IF IT IS TRUE ABOUT MCDERMOTT
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:38 am 

Gee Laughin, how did we ever survive this long in your absence? Please, give us the key to free our souls from the evils of collective bargaining. Yea & verily, help us back onto the path of submission to the disciplines of the old time poli-economic religion and subsidizing the nation's corporations. Save us, so that, invoking the hallowed name of capitalism and the new concept of free markets, we can rejoin a system wherein depending on who you know and likes you (just ask Lehman Brothers), determines whether or not the government bails you out and not only guarantees your bottomline profit and survival, but ensures bonuses for deliberately subverting and ruining the world economy.

I believe Bush '41 dubbed it the New World Order.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:22 pm 

Neometric wrote:
Gee Laughin, how did we ever survive this long in your absence?

I already told you. You were lucky enough to be home to an industry vital to defense when the largest conflict in all of history struck. The industrial capacity of the rest of the world was devastated. Once the rest of the world regained its footing, you had no idea how to compete and now you live in a wasteland.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:25 pm 

I dont understand nor do I really care how you attribute the incapablities of the steel industry to maintain their dominance in this region or the world to the success or lack of to Hammond or any city.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:29 pm 

Hey Neo-

Care to dig out your Ree-ject/English-English/Ree-ject Dictionary and translate the proceeding sentiments from Mr. Xmpt for me? No habla stupido, you know?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:41 pm 

Neometric wrote:

Well, he's expanded the marina,

Nope ... Dedelow did .... The marina actually shrunk under McDermott Jr when the boat expansion came.

Neometric wrote:

built the golf course,

Wrong again ... Dedelow built the Golf Course. McDermott used the cost overruns (rightfully so) to beat him in 2004. McDermott built the clubhouse.

Neometric wrote:
has finally addressed the sanitary sewer upgrades,

Has he? I haven't heard word one of the actual cost of the project and how much it is going to sock Hammond residents in sewer charges. The only reason it has to be addressed now is because the federal government sued Hammond for ignoring it for almost 20 years.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:18 pm 

I meant to say built club house for golfers. Oh well. As to the marina there has been considerable redevelopment out there. Development isn't solely determined by the number of slips. Whatever McDermott Sr. and Dedelow began has certainly undergone further improvement.

As for the sanitary sewer system upgrade the city just ok'd $77 mil in bonds two weeks ago.

The point of this thread was hold current McDermott to his promise, express/implied, of finishing what he started; of carrying out the projects he's started to their fruition, certainly for the duration of the term he was just elected.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:40 am 

sparks wrote:
Wow, that was really long. Ever notice how long winded people don't have much to say? They just babble on and on, like an escapee from the local asylum for the mentally ill.

sparks wrote:
I think you are wasting your time fantasizing about hooking up with the Oracle. You'd probably have better luck with Happy Jack, he sounds like he can't wait to break out of the closet!

sparks wrote:
Wow, those a$$-kickings the Mayor gives you when you call in Friday mornings must really be getting under your skin. I can't wait until this friday's smackdown.

sparks wrote:
Hey Bob, I missed yesterday's show. Did the Mayor take you to the woodshed again?

Now,.... if anyone has any questions why I posted all the quotes splirks made in this thread you will find the answer by going back and reading his first quote at the top of this list.

then the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quotes will start to make sense.