Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Hammond School Board Meeting 5-29-2012
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:13 am 

I have one thing to say about this posting. If a person is using taxpayer money to go to school so what. If she wasn't using it, some other person would recieve it. The time to complain is at the end at graduation. So many use these grants and never complete the course. If a child wants to be a success, Good!!!!! Take a ride around the area and see the worthless creeps standing , drinking and causing problems. We should honor students that make a name for themselves. Again maybe the grant was needed, we never know what financial problems, some homeowners are experiencing at the present time. This is something we should not delve in.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:14 pm 

sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
bert68 wrote:
I would guess that plans change sparkie. Your stupidity however is a constant.

EXACTLY ! While Embry Riddle did offer her a substantial scholarship, she decided to stay in state. She could have gone just about anywhere in the country, as she was offered full rides to several colleges. Her best friend went down to Florida to college last year, but the isolation and distance froim her family were a bit too much, and she ended up back here. This was a strong influence on my daughters decision. Purdue offers what my daughter needs, and I am close by to support her, if needed. I am very comfortable with her decision. After all, it is HER decision as to what college fits her needs. She has EARNED her ticket to wherever she wanted to go to school.

As for you, sparkless, you do not know squat. My daughter HAS been down to Lafayette, and has also gone and checked out several other colleges, some out of state. My daughter is NOT using TAXPAYER money to go to college, unlike you, who being the hypocrit you are, have your hand out for your kids college money. You complain constantly about people being on the public dole, but yet you do it.

Your claim that your daughter is not using "taxpayer" money to attend Purdue is laughable. Purdue is a public college which was created and is supported by taxpayer dollars. Every student including your daughter is required to fill out and submit the FAFSA (Free Application For Federal Student Aid). Most scholarship money is awarded after the Federal government determines how much federal help the student will be given. Since Purdue is a state run institution, scholarships like the Chancellor's award are funded with taxpayer dollars.

You are a liar. EVERY student, whether they get financial aid or not, has to fill out a fafsa. ALL of the colleges require a prospective student to fill out that form. My daughter DID NOT get a public money scholarship. Money for many, if not most scholarships, comes from PRIVATE DONATIONS. The Purdue Chancellors Scholarship was NOT BASED on any financial criteria whatsoever. She received that scholarship by her own merits, her test scores, GPA, HER OWN HARD WORK IN SCHOOL. FYI, my daughter received additional scholarships by private businesses and clubs, most of which she declined because she already had several times over in scholarship money, than what she needed.
You can put whatever spin you want to throw out there, but the bottom line is, your kid is getting college bound, which is the taxpayers money for free. My daughter EARNED hers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:19 pm 

newsflashkid wrote:
I have one thing to say about this posting. If a person is using taxpayer money to go to school so what. If she wasn't using it, some other person would recieve it. The time to complain is at the end at graduation. So many use these grants and never complete the course. If a child wants to be a success, Good!!!!! Take a ride around the area and see the worthless creeps standing , drinking and causing problems. We should honor students that make a name for themselves. Again maybe the grant was needed, we never know what financial problems, some homeowners are experiencing at the present time. This is something we should not delve in.

My daughter got a bevy of private scholarships, based on her merits. Sparkless, who incessantly brags on this board as to how well-off he is, is using taxpayer money to pay for the college for his kid. He consistently belittles anyone who receives Social Security, or any kind of government related money, but yet he has his hand out to grab his own fistfull of dollars. Typical liberal hypocrit.