Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Update on Burglary
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:45 am 

With the new ordinance it should be easier to track these burglars. And on a side note, the place that the Hammond detectives recovered one of my rings, is being cited for several violations. The other thing is, the burglars who broke into my home, have been charged in another burglary! This is good work by the Hammond detectives and my thanks go out to them! There are decent, law abiding citizens in Hammond and if we stick together and stand up against these thugs, we can make Hammond a better :D place to live!

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be ... The People cannot be safe without information. When the press is free, and every man is able to read, all is safe. - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject: Re: Update on Burglary
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:57 am 

Most people don't bother to invest time and money into securing their homes and protecting themselves until they become victims.Tracking burglars is a great idea. Why not turn the tracking into a new reality series? It could be set right in Hammond High. We could do interviews with people like you who opposed building new schools several years ago because your taxes might go up. Fast forward to the present and we could see the unintended consequences of short sighted decisions like that with tales of burglaries,home invasions,shootings and domestic violence.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:14 am 

sparks wrote:
We could do interviews with people like you who opposed building new schools several years ago because your taxes might go up.

Would you have a problem if these schools were constructed without organized labor?

to save on taxes of course.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:22 pm 

sparks wrote:
We could do interviews with people like you who opposed building new schools several years ago because your taxes might go up. Fast forward to the present and we could see the unintended consequences of short sighted decisions like that with tales of burglaries,home invasions,shootings and domestic violence.

Care to explain how building new schools would have prevented celtic from being burglerized? Because I really don't see the connection.

Amy, why don't you stick to things that you do well like having kids rather than things you are neither capable nor motivated to even do poorly such as think and act like a mature adult - George T Janiec (I know,I'm childish)

What about the kids, George?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:38 pm 

Amy Wigs wrote:
Care to explain how building new schools would have prevented celtic from being burglerized? Because I really don't see the connection.

All that blowhard wants is more taxpayers money to put him and his lazy union to work to sustain his bloated wages and his bloated benefits.

This guy really believes he doesn't live off the taxpayers backs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:40 pm 

sparks wrote:
Most people don't bother to invest time and money into securing their homes and protecting themselves until they become victims.Tracking burglars is a great idea. Why not turn the tracking into a new reality series? It could be set right in Hammond High. We could do interviews with people like you who opposed building new schools several years ago because your taxes might go up. Fast forward to the present and we could see the unintended consequences of short sighted decisions like that with tales of burglaries,home invasions,shootings and domestic violence.

Sparkie, over the years you have made some posts which were pretty stupid by anyones measure, but that post may be the most idiotic post yet. I refuse to believe that God would make a person, purposely, capable of such stupidity...that post proves that you must actually put effort into being an idiot. The ills of present day Hammond would not exist if new schools had been built years ago?????

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:46 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
Amy Wigs wrote:

All that blowhard wants is more taxpayers money to put him and his lazy union to work to sustain his bloated wages and his bloated benefits.

This guy really believes he doesn't live off the taxpayers backs.

EXACTLY !!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:15 pm 

Man charged with four burglaries

A Hammond man has been charged in four Hammond burglaries.
Derek Scesney, 27, has pleaded not guilty in the cases. In the most recent cases filed Thursday in Lake Superior Court, Scesney is linked by fingerprints to a June 23, 2011 break-in in the 7100 block of Colorado Avenue. In a statement to police, Scesney said he and an accomplice burglarized a home on Nov. 14, 2011 in the 7100 block of Carolina. Flat-screen televisions, jewelry, digital camera, laptop computer and cash were taken.

Scesney also has been charged in Jan. 5 and Feb. 3 burglaries in Hammond.

The most serious of the felonies is punishable by six to 20 years.

Taken form the Post Tribune. Why don't we read this in the Times???? And building new school buildings doesn't produce good citizens!!! I went to the "old Morton", no pool, no fancy gym, and a lousy lab but your know what? We turned out to be upstanding citizens. I came from a family of 9 kids, born and raised in Hammond and poor. It was our parents, who made us go to school and made us go to church and made us do chores and accept responsibility that made us the people we are!

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be ... The People cannot be safe without information. When the press is free, and every man is able to read, all is safe. - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:27 pm 

Quote:
A Hammond man has been charged in four Hammond burglaries.
Derek Scesney, 27,

That's one old high schooler. I wonder what grade he's in? I mean, he's been in high school for 13 years. Maybe he would leave if the school was new. Or maybe that would just make him want to stay even longer? Hmmnn. Maybe sparks can tell me.

In all seriousness, I'm glad they caught the perp, celtic.

Amy, why don't you stick to things that you do well like having kids rather than things you are neither capable nor motivated to even do poorly such as think and act like a mature adult - George T Janiec (I know,I'm childish)

What about the kids, George?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:11 am 

Amy Wigs wrote:
sparks wrote:
We could do interviews with people like you who opposed building new schools several years ago because your taxes might go up. Fast forward to the present and we could see the unintended consequences of short sighted decisions like that with tales of burglaries,home invasions,shootings and domestic violence.

Sane people understand that good schools are one of the cornerstones of good communities. However, I wouldn't expect a person like you who believes in creationism would grasp that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:01 pm 

The key to good schools are good parents and I will be the first to admit that Hammond has a shortage of these. Its no secret that burglars use drugs, mostly, and it should be no secret that burglars parents are probably not the best citizens. Now there are exceptions to this rule but I would venture to say very few.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:11 pm 

sparks wrote:
Sane people understand that good schools are one of the cornerstones of good communities.

And a new building is going to fix all that?

:roll:

the waves of people taking over these areas will eventually destroy anything and everything they come in contact with.

And not only that, but you whiners have completely taken away ANY and I mean ANY control of the classroom away from the teachers...

yes teachers, who by the way you fail to mention as having any influence over whether a school is ''good'' or not. And that's because they are now all union so it makes NO difference does it? Good or rotten you'll do all you can to save their jobs just to get your dues.

Then add 50 + years of you goddamn liberals and the taxes hungry democrats in the federal gub'mint giving them everything they need in life...housing, food, cars, appliances you name it....all they had to do in return was VOTE union and democrat.

the LAST thing these people have any use for is ''ejukayshun''.

and a new (union built) building is supposed to fix all that is that right?

Only a complete idiot would come up with that idea.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:49 pm 

If you take evey entitlement away and filled a barn with great teachers it still wouldnt help if the parents at home are incapable of instilling the very basics of common decency and responsability.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:54 pm 

sparks wrote:
Sane people understand that good schools are one of the cornerstones of good communities. However, I wouldn't expect a person like you who believes in creationism would grasp that.

Sane people also understand that new schools built with overpriced union labor does not equate to good schools. Take a look at East Chicago Central.

If you are so concerned about what is taught in schools, why did you take the easy way out and become a clock-punching union ape?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:44 am 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
sparks wrote:

Sane people also understand that new schools built with overpriced union labor does not equate to good schools. Take a look at East Chicago Central.

If you are so concerned about what is taught in schools, why did you take the easy way out and become a clock-punching union ape?

East Chicago is the best example of absolute failure. Both high schools were demolished, and an over priced, substandard facility, which, IMO was the biggest mistake in the history of East Chicago education, was constructed. This building has hallways that go nowhere, and has already needed substantial repairs. The unions got rich off this white elephant,. and the people of East Chicago lost.

As for Sparkless comment, it is off topic, and is total b.s. More union hack jobs to build an overpriced, unneeded white elephant, is going to cure the crime rate? What a ridiculous statement, but not surprising seeing what source it came from. :roll: :roll: :roll: