Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Update on Burglary
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:50 am 

The tax-happy Hein family should forego its $30,000 college-bound bribe money and perhaps donate a portion of a chemistry or computer lab.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:58 pm 

sparks wrote:
However, I wouldn't expect a person like you who believes in creationism would grasp that.

LOL! Love it! When all else fails, change the subject. I asked you how a new school would have prevented celtic's house from being robbed. The perp is 27 years old. Way too old for school. Even my befuddled christian brain understands that.

Amy, why don't you stick to things that you do well like having kids rather than things you are neither capable nor motivated to even do poorly such as think and act like a mature adult - George T Janiec (I know,I'm childish)

What about the kids, George?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:03 pm 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
The tax-happy Hein family should forego its $30,000 college-bound bribe money and perhaps donate a portion of a chemistry or computer lab.

Remember back a couple of years ago, when he was bragging about all the properties he bought? He portrayed himself as a wealthy man. A wealthy man who took a government entitlement. :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:01 am 

I remember that. He was Da' Region's answer to Donald Trump, buying and selling properties for $20,000 profits when no one else could give their homes away.

I also recall him crowing about how his greedy, "me-first", do as we say, not as we do, selfish family was chiseling the state government out of its fair share of sales tax money by doing all of their shopping online.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:53 am 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
I remember that. He was Da' Region's answer to Donald Trump, buying and selling properties for $20,000 profits when no one else could give their homes away.

I also recall him crowing about how his greedy, "me-first", do as we say, not as we do, selfish family was chiseling the state government out of its fair share of sales tax money by doing all of their shopping online.

I had forgot about his online shopping. :shock: Thanks for the reminder.

As for College Bound, it is nothing but a waste of taxpayer money, IMO. Only 1 out of 5 students graduate, when probably at least 1/2 million was spent.
FTR, my daughter will NOT be using College Bound. She already has a full tuition scholarship. She has had a lot of offers for full tuition at various colleges across the country, and has narrowed it down to 2.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:16 am 

Tiger1 wrote:
LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:

As for College Bound, it is nothing but a waste of taxpayer money, IMO. Only 1 out of 5 students graduate, when probably at least 1/2 million was spent.
FTR, my daughter will NOT be using College Bound. She already has a full tuition scholarship. She has had a lot of offers for full tuition at various colleges across the country, and has narrowed it down to 2.
I can't wait to hear how my favorite low information gadfly tries to tell us how those two colleges don't use tax dollars to provide those scholarships. Or maybe we can talk about how you collect disability from social security so you don't have to work for a living.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:20 am 

sparks wrote:
I can't wait to hear how my favorite low information gadfly tries to tell us how those two colleges don't use tax dollars to provide those scholarships. Or maybe we can talk about how you collect disability from social security so you don't have to work for a living.

gadfly?

LOL!!!!!! Thems pretty tall words coming from a big blowhard bully like you.

I see you've resorted back to picking on the girls again...

maybe you should get your ''idol'' edge and his master debater skills to front for you before you go and make a complete fool out of yourself.

again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:44 pm 

sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:

Gee, you are so uninformed. The funny thing is, she only applied to 5 colleges, but yet had free rides offered by dozens of others, both public and private. What can't you understand about privately funded scholarships? As for the use of tax dollars, which is the peoples money, what are you doing with the peoples money? Aren't the taxpayers paying for your kid to go to college, HYPOCRIT???

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:48 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
sparks wrote:

gadfly?

maybe you should get your ''idol'' edge and his master debater skills to front for you before you go and make a complete fool out of yourself.

again.

Most bullies are sissies.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:20 pm 

Tiger1 wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:
sparks wrote:

gadfly?

again.

Most bullies are sissies.

You can't be "bullied" on a discussion board, just outwitted,Mary Ellen. In your case, that's really easy to do. The truth is that the US government uses tax dollars to provide scholarships because educated Americans earn more and create the wealth that makes this the greatest country on earth.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:32 am 

sparks wrote:
The truth is that the US government uses tax dollars to provide scholarships because educated Americans earn more and create the wealth that makes this the greatest country on earth.

The U.S. government also makes college loans available. For a guy like you, who can cover a $60,000 loan by flipping three houses, well, why would you have to take a $30,000 bribe from your Mayor that you have no intention of paying back?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:50 am 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
sparks wrote:
The truth is that the US government uses tax dollars to provide scholarships because educated Americans earn more and create the wealth that makes this the greatest country on earth.

The U.S. government also makes college loans available. For a guy like you, who can cover a $60,000 loan by flipping three houses, well, why would you have to take a $30,000 bribe from your Mayor that you have no intention of paying back?

It's the "do as I say, not as I do" liberal mantra. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:10 pm 

WHITING: Cops solve crime at Jackson-Hewitt with address on tax forms

Purse theft not a taxing issue for police
Story
Discussion

JIM MASTERSTimes Correspondent | Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 12:00 am | No Comments Posted
Font Size: Default font size Larger font size

This is another article about the burglar from 2005! The Times had it in their newspaper then.

WHITING | Enterprising police work led to the capture of three suspects involved in a purse snatching from a tax preparation business Monday afternoon.

Derek J. Scesney, 20, of 513 Broad St., East Chicago, and Anthony John Andrasco, 18, of 2408 White Oak Ave., Whiting, were arrested for misdemeanor conversion, said Whiting police spokesman Lt. Detective Sam Abner. A 16-year-old East Chicago boy, who allegedly snatched the purse off a desk at Jackson-Hewitt Tax Services, is charged with juvenile delinquent felony theft.

Scesney was with Andrasco inside Jackson-Hewitt getting his income taxes prepared when they noticed an employee's purse atop her desk, Abner said. They returned at 2:02 p.m. with the 16-year-old boy who then ran inside, grabbed the purse and fled out the front door.

The female employee ran outside screaming that her purse had been stolen.

Hearing her shouts, Whiting Building Commissioner Mike Hrinyo chased the suspects' vehicle, losing sight at Ohio Avenue and 117th Street, Abner said.

When the woman provided Whiting police Sgt. Milford Hale with a description of the suspects, she said she thought one man may have just had his taxes prepared. Using the address on the taxes, police arrived at his East Chicago home as he and the other two suspects were putting snow on top of his car to make it appear as if it hadn't been driven lately, Abner said.

The purse was found in the snow beside the car, and the 16-year-old boy had $40 in his pocket taken from the purse, Abner said. Scesney and Andrasco allegedly gave statements to police admitting their roles in the theft.

"I credit Officer Hale for putting the name and address together, because if he hadn't advised us to get to Broad Street as quickly as he did, I think those guys would have been long gone," Abner said.

Read more: http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/purs ... z1pgZYQY7I

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be ... The People cannot be safe without information. When the press is free, and every man is able to read, all is safe. - Thomas Jefferson