Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: philpot trial
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:54 pm 

sparks wrote:
This insures that Philpot will never hold another elected office. I think it's awesome that he was convicted. All of the 'experts' from this board who made predictions about the outcome of this trial were wrong,as usual.

And if he had gotten away with any of it you and your chubby little cheeks would be tut-tutting about people pre-judging Lake County Democrats and you'd be rushing to get a photo with him at his next fundraiser.

I do remember the Pustule of the Region proclaiming that this scumbag had been "ralerowded".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:13 pm 

And who is going to be next? Anyone care to make a guess?? :roll:

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be ... The People cannot be safe without information. When the press is free, and every man is able to read, all is safe. - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:27 pm 

celtic1950 wrote:

Van Til will be next. The only question is whether it will be before the election or after he wins.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:41 pm 

celtic1950 wrote:

Sandy R, Gus, VanTil, McDermott, Bobbi Lendi, and a whole host of big names from LC. I stand by my prediction that Phillpockets will squeel like the stuck pig he is. He will do a Rudy Bartolomei.

While we are at it, lets add some of the SCH bigshots to the list. The hammer has been coming down from Indy, and the casualty list from 41 Williams is growing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:52 pm 

it appears the federal prosecutor is just begining to make their move to clean up LC.

Christine Cid's testimony was enhanced by the irs looking at her income taxes, and the results of a sealed grand gury envelope. Now my bet, Christine has been indicted by the grand jury and those results may be announced after Christine is done helping clean LC's political house.

Tom was done in on his attorney's (defense) questioning of Saks. They opened the door for re direct by the prosecutor and he got Saks to admit, had Philpot been more forth right with disclosure on why Saks was asked to research the statute, the letter would have had a different out look.

So Pastric wasn't convicted, but was removed from office by a re election, Pabey, a whole slew of characters from Gary, Meeks, Hall's, Harris and many more, turning to Philpot, now George VanTill, it is just a matter of time before Jr gets someone knocking on his door.

I'm sorry I was not in the courtroom to see PHilpot's face. A whole number of lake county government people are going to be unemployed.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:54 pm 

Now I read somewhere that Uncle Philpot would stop in Gary and buy the kids $100 of ice cream. What a friggin humanitarian, Al Capone did the same, but when $100 ment something.

Both are criminals. Greedy Lake County Politicians.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:16 pm 

Fowler once crowed about what a great guy Tom McDermott, Sr. was because he held a big party for a bunch of young LC hoodlums at his home and bought them all leather coats. Easy to do when you are stiffing the residents of LC for over $100,000.

One is reminded of Sparks Hein, who brags about all the charities he supports but is whacking the elderly, the handicapped, single moms, and veterans of the City of Hammond so that he can send his spawn off to Purdue with College Bound funds.

UPDATE!!: Just checked the Facebook page of All-Star Region Moron Fowler. Yesterday, he practically guaranteed Tom Philpot a conviction by trying to brown-nose him and declaring the prosecution's case against him to be weak. Yep! The ultimate Region insider was as right about this one as he was about a Starbuck's going in at the new Woodmar. Oh yeah, and about Mr. Philpot being "ralerowded" as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:49 pm 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
Fowler once crowed about what a great guy Tom McDermott, Sr. was because he held a big party for a bunch of young LC hoodlums at his home and bought them all leather coats. Easy to do when you are stiffing the residents of LC for over $100,000.

One is reminded of Sparks Hein, who brags about all the charities he supports but is whacking the elderly, the handicapped, single moms, and veterans of the City of Hammond so that he can send his spawn off to Purdue with College Bound funds.

UPDATE!!: Just checked the Facebook page of All-Star Region Moron Fowler. Yesterday, he practically guaranteed Tom Philpot a conviction by trying to brown-nose him and declaring the prosecution's case against him to be weak. Yep! The ultimate Region insider was as right about this one as he was about a Starbuck's going in at the new Woodmar. Oh yeah, and about Mr. Philpot being "ralerowded" as well.

What has gone around, has come around.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:43 am 

Tiger1 wrote:
celtic1950 wrote:

I stand by my prediction that Phillpockets will squeel like the stuck pig he is.. .
Here is what your prediction said.
Tiger1 wrote:
I predict he will plead down for a slap on the wrist and start flapping his jaws.
Philpot didn't plead to anything.He was convicted of five felonies. Once again you show how clueless you are. Your prediction was 100% wrong. There was no plea bargain. There is nothing to "squeal" about now. All Philpot cn do is hope for an appeal. My prediction is he will be in jail within 8 months.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:24 am 

sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
celtic1950 wrote:

I stand by my prediction that Phillpockets will squeel like the stuck pig he is.. .
Tiger1 wrote:
I predict he will plead down for a slap on the wrist and start flapping his jaws.
Philpot didn't plead to anything.He was convicted of five felonies. Once again you show how clueless you are. Your prediction was 100% wrong. There was no plea bargain. There is nothing to "squeal" about now. All Philpot cn do is hope for an appeal. My prediction is he will be in jail within 8 months.

sparks wrote:
Time it takes to set up a new board-a few hours

Time it takes to invite good posters- a few days

Having a place where the trolls aren't welcome-

PRICELESS!!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5441&p=68704&hilit=priceless#p68704

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:46 am 

Tom had been allowed to exercise his constitutional privileged to go to trial. Unfortunately, the Feds usually sentence someone who goes to trial more harshly than someone who pleads.

Fact, the Feds helped solidify a Philpot conviction by successfully pursuing a sitting Lake County Council Person on tax issues. That Lake County Council Person has a sealed Grand Jury decision, most likely, handing down another indictment on tax charges.

We all know a Grand Jury investigation is currently reviewing VanTill's office. VanTill has not been specifically named as a focus of that Grand Jury.

Fact, two of Hammond City Council Persons are under IRS investigation as this speaks.

The other Tom a few months ago clearly discussed leaving his the office of Mayor. Seldom do the Feds prosecute a politician who has left office. The fat lady has not stopped singing on this story yet.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:44 am 

justcallmetommy wrote:
Tom had been allowed to exercise his constitutional privileged to go to trial. Unfortunately, the Feds usually sentence someone who goes to trial more harshly than someone who pleads.

Fact, the Feds helped solidify a Philpot conviction by successfully pursuing a sitting Lake County Council Person on tax issues. That Lake County Council Person has a sealed Grand Jury decision, most likely, handing down another indictment on tax charges.

We all know a Grand Jury investigation is currently reviewing VanTill's office. VanTill has not been specifically named as a focus of that Grand Jury.

Fact, two of Hammond City Council Persons are under IRS investigation as this speaks.

The other Tom a few months ago clearly discussed leaving his the office of Mayor. Seldom do the Feds prosecute a politician who has left office. The fat lady has not stopped singing on this story yet.
How is it that you know about IRS investigations,Tommy? Do you use your Dick Tracy super secret decoder ring to hack into the IRS's computers?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:57 pm 

sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
celtic1950 wrote:

Tiger1 wrote:

Rudy Bartolomei was in the same position. He opened his mouth, went into witness protection, and his talking took out Judge Anderson, Beilak, and several other people. I think the only reason that Phillpockets didn't plead, is that he thought his teflon coating was too slick to have anything stick. He is not a "stand up guy" like Cantrell. He would turn in his own family to get off the hook.
I would say that several unnamed Lake County politicians right now are checking their passports, and trying to hook up with Kolintzas in Greece. Matter of fact, I wonder where Gus, you know, joined at the hip to Phillpockets, is at right now? I heard he has dual citizenship, USA/Greece.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:46 am 

:wink: :smt006

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:48 pm 

celtic1950 wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

Rudy Bartolomei was in the same position. He opened his mouth, went into witness protection, and his talking took out Judge Anderson, Beilak, and several other people. I think the only reason that Phillpockets didn't plead, is that he thought his teflon coating was too slick to have anything stick. He is not a "stand up guy" like Cantrell. He would turn in his own family to get off the hook.
I would say that several unnamed Lake County politicians right now are checking their passports, and trying to hook up with Kolintzas in Greece. Matter of fact, I wonder where Gus, you know, joined at the hip to Phillpockets, is at right now? I heard he has dual citizenship, USA/Greece.

Are you that stupid that you don't know the difference in between a plea bargain and a conviction? Rudy B. made a deal with the prosecutor before his trial started , plead guilty and was placed into the witness protection program so he could testify against other corrupt politicians. Philpot could have tried to make a deal before the trial but he didn't. Now that he has been convicted of 5 felonies,he is done for. He is no longer the coroner,he has lost his state pension and will lose his medical and law degrees along with serving some time. Tommy Philpot totally blew it this time, he has made a mistake of monumental proportions.