Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: What is Tom McDermott capable of?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:33 am 

Mr. Councilman,

Didn't Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr say, on his radio show about 3 weeks ago, how he was afraid to go to jail for what one of his subordinated did? (Was he speaking about Phil? :smt003 )

Didn't Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr also state how, he knows federal agents listen to his show, in fact, I think McDermott said he knows they listen to his radio show, as a fact!

Didn't Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr say on his radio show he knows people are out to get him? See him convicted?

Yes black helicopters are all around hammond, they came visiting in mid december of last year.... it was two gentlemen interviewing Tom.... black helicopters are all over hammond.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did bug city hall, like they bugged Cicero's mayor and police departments, resulting in the conviction of Betty Lorin Maltese (spelling). There is sure enough evidence in the state board of accounts reports in themselves to get a conviction.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2001-06-16/news/0106160146_1_betty-loren-maltese-specialty-risk-consultants-mob

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:24 am 

To drunk to come up with an original thoght at 3:30 in the morning? Scotch I presume.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:43 am 

xmpt wrote:
To drunk to come up with an original thoght at 3:30 in the morning? Scotch I presume.

No councilman, from a wonderful night on the water.

I prefer red wine.

And mike you know mcdermott has spent thousands of his campaign dollars investigating opponents. you should have know this. Mije apparently you are out of the loop.

Btw mike have investigators contacted you on the personal use of city gaming money?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:43 pm 

justcallmetommy wrote:

Mr. Councilman,

Didn't Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr say, on his radio show about 3 weeks ago, how he was afraid to go to jail for what one of his subordinated did? (Was he speaking about Phil? :smt003 )

Didn't Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr also state how, he knows federal agents listen to his show, in fact, I think McDermott said he knows they listen to his radio show, as a fact!

Didn't Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr say on his radio show he knows people are out to get him? See him convicted?

Yes black helicopters are all around hammond, they came visiting in mid december of last year.... it was two gentlemen interviewing Tom.... black helicopters are all over hammond.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did bug city hall, like they bugged Cicero's mayor and police departments, resulting in the conviction of Betty Lorin Maltese (spelling). There is sure enough evidence in the state board of accounts reports in themselves to get a conviction.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2001-06-16/news/0106160146_1_betty-loren-maltese-specialty-risk-consultants-mob

Speaking of drinking too much tom seem to be seeing fbi agents following him.

When you tell lies you can't remember them, right tom

He just really might be seeing them. ;)

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:45 pm 

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/opinion/co ... bb883.html

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:50 pm 

xmpt wrote:
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/opinion/columnists/guest-commentary/guest-commentary-put-hammond-s-debt-in-proper-perspective/article_8af8c697-8866-529a-b0de-046af44bb883.html

One should consider not only the level of debt but the ability of the city residents to pay off that debt when broken down per capita. Hammond reportedly has near 80% of its students on free or reduced lunch programs, which tells me the ability of its residents to meet their portion of debt obligation is not good. I thought I read recently where the population of Hammond has dropped by app. 1100 people. Were those who left,ones who were in a better or worse position to meet their portion of debt obligations?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:20 pm 

That McDermott would bring a per capita argument to the question of debt can mean that he doesn't understand it, that he is trying to mislead, or both. Any resident can literally walk away from the debt obligations that Hammond has incurred, except for real property owners who will be facing lowered property values. Per capita is exactly the wrong metric for debt. Whiting and EC have very high personal property values in the form of mills and the BP refinery. Their debt ratios per capita can appear skewed high because their debt will be mostly paid from taxes on industrial personal property. For every dollar per capita to pay Whiting's debt, many more times that will come from personal property tax on BP. As Hammond does not have that infrastructure to tax to pay it's debts, it's a bigger concern for Hammond even if Tom won't admit it. It's ironic that Mcdermott dismisses a Times' writer by saying “you can make numbers say whatever you want them to.” Tom McDermott and his handlers know that game very well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:45 am 

What can I add to the comments of both BERT and LUBU? A good percentage of Hammond's populace is composed of unproductive bums and illiterates. Any town in Da' Region can alter its per capita debt by throwing up a few slums and opening its doors to refugees from the Robert Taylor Homes and Cabrini Green. If a given town had a population of one and that one person happened to be Bill Gates that town could have a massive amount of debt per capita and not sweat it too much. Does that make sense or is my understanding being altered by absentee landlords flying around in black helicopters?