It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: philpot trial
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:35 pm 

All that lost for 24 grand!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:21 am 

sparks wrote:
Philpot could have tried to make a deal before the trial but he didn't. Now that he has been convicted of 5 felonies,he is done for. He is no longer the coroner,he has lost his state pension and will lose his medical and law degrees along with serving some time. Tommy Philpot totally blew it this time, he has made a mistake of monumental proportions.

One can only hope this same degree of justice finds its way to local union officials that drive drunk and endanger the lives of the elderly, the poor, veterans, and single moms, right, Sparks Hein?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:57 am 

As I posted several weeks ago, you can expect some locals getting those white papers to appear in front of a Grand Jury. What they are investigating is something, the average person would not even consider an act of something illegal. They can't go back to when it started in the 70's but over this period of time, not one person even blinked an eye about it.It was brought to light recently, when a very large company got "Ruffled Feathers"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:54 pm 

News, and I thought I had a target on my back, Philpot had a heat seeking missile.

The fbi did a lot of cleaning in Gary, then on to East Chicago, back to Gary, back to E. Chicago, and picking up an opportunity to bring someone before the grand jury along the way.

Your info on the FBI going after elected officials thru the IRS is on target! If I was a betting man, Christine Cid, already has some paper from a Grand Jury. The men with gold badges are looking at two Hammond City Council people who are in their sight.

We all know about GVT. They put a serious brick on McDermott Sr with a $1.660,000 IRS lien. I think that was a way to maybe have Sr talk about Jr.

News, you are absolutely correct, to go after Philpot for $25,000 indicates he really was a high profile target. They really wanted him.

Now Mr. Philpot is a convicted felon, pending any appeals, his only way to minimize his time away from little Tommie, is to start talking to negotiate a lower or minimal sentence.

All we have to do is look at Illinois, it took the feds better than two years to sentence Tony Resko, Steward Levine, to assure their cooperation.

A few players involved in the Illinois criminal mess got off with less than a year for their cooperation.

I believe their next high profile target is Mr. Chairman.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:05 pm 

I predict the next two indictments will be Councilman Slugo and GVT in that order. After that the next will depend on who talks most.

If I were McChairman I might be a little afraid. The Feds went after and got Cantrell and Philpot. When the boy mayor first came to town it was Cantell and Philpot who opened doors and took him around to meet people. The did it directly and behind the scenes with their organizations. So when the Feds get a couple of your political godfathers you better be squeaky clean and we all know he is not. 8)

As for Philpot's sentance I hear 2-3 years. I also hear a hefty fine is expected. While he ONLY took $24,000 and paid it back the fine will be based on the cost of the trial to taxpayers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:32 pm 

Remember they got Al Capone on a little known law he broke. Even though they knew he was responsible for much bigger things, like murder for instance. They used the full extent of the law, to put him out of commission. What they are digging at, not one person has any idea at this time.
It will involve some fraud and then the tax boys will take over. Watch them start screeming, we didn't know. I wonder if they had an Attorney that
said it was OK.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:30 pm 

Has anyone heard anything regarding a sentencing date for TP?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:25 pm 

All is quiet and that is very unusual for Philpot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:41 pm 

DatDemDey wrote:
All is quiet and that is very unusual for Philpot.

It seems that they usually delay sentancing depending on how much the guilty party talks. This just might get very interesting !