Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Hammond Employee Fowler Lies on WJOB
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:07 am 

The "business" of the Code Enforcement Department is NOT keeping track of money. That is the business of the Controllers office.
The "business" of Code Enforcement is just that-enforcing city codes. I'm tired of arguing with someone who just doesn't seem to get it and who wants to err on the side of government secrecy.
The provision of the city law requiring PUBLIC records by Code Enforcement was added to the law granting the power to inspect to safeguard citizens from misuse of that power.
A record is NOT a temporary, incomplete arrangement of file folders in a desk drawer. A record is a list or log that can be viewed weeks after a file folder has been moved to someone else's desk or file cabinet.
Yes, the issues with my home have all been settled and reinspected. We have a document signed by the city so stating.
Glad you brought up fire separation, Kelly.There was a fire downstairs in the 1990's, which DID NOT spread to my home upstairs. No one was hurt. AS you know, the apartment was fully restored by a licensed contractor and the Building Commissioner at the time signed off on it after he inspected the job.
Does the 400-unit Tanglewood complex still not have fire stops? 3 people died there in a fire in 2005. The fire chief told the Times at the time it was because there were no fire stops.
Do they have them now?
How about Brook Forest?
I'll ask you again what I've asked you before-how do you pick the properties to inspect?
Accessible public records would enable the public to determine how Code Enforcement's limited resources are used.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:41 pm 

freetime wrote:
The "business" of the Code Enforcement Department is NOT keeping track of money. That is the business of the Controllers office.
The "business" of Code Enforcement is just that-enforcing city codes. I'm tired of arguing with someone who just doesn't seem to get it and who wants to err on the side of government secrecy.
The provision of the city law requiring PUBLIC records by Code Enforcement was added to the law granting the power to inspect to safeguard citizens from misuse of that power.
A record is NOT a temporary, incomplete arrangement of file folders in a desk drawer. A record is a list or log that can be viewed weeks after a file folder has been moved to someone else's desk or file cabinet.
Yes, the issues with my home have all been settled and reinspected. We have a document signed by the city so stating.
Glad you brought up fire separation, Kelly.There was a fire downstairs in the 1990's, which DID NOT spread to my home upstairs. No one was hurt. AS you know, the apartment was fully restored by a licensed contractor and the Building Commissioner at the time signed off on it after he inspected the job.
Does the 400-unit Tanglewood complex still not have fire stops? 3 people died there in a fire in 2005. The fire chief told the Times at the time it was because there were no fire stops.
Do they have them now?
How about Brook Forest?
I'll ask you again what I've asked you before-how do you pick the properties to inspect?
Accessible public records would enable the public to determine how Code Enforcement's limited resources are used.

I wont waste my time with you anymore because there is nothing I can say that you would believe. If anyone at any time wants to know the operation of the Code Enforcement Department please call or stop by anytime.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:51 pm 

Just show me the records the law describes. I have no desire to talk to you beyond that. .
I don't know if the Indiana Public Access Counselor can do anything because it is a city law being broken, but I guess I'll try her next.

But in the meantime, DO tell us what Code Enforcement has done at Tanglewood? That shouldn't take any looking up by you, right?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:48 am 

Free, is there not a public records act which has been violated.

I would formally make my request by letter and should the not comply, I think there are state laws regarding disclosure.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.