Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Should Krusa's apparent Conflict of Interest Be Investigated ?
Yes 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
No 77%  77%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 22
 Post subject: Re: Krusa Conflict
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:02 pm 
Banned

Look at the numbers in the poll that you started Freetime. The numbers say that you are full of it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:04 pm 

It tells ME That most of you city employees are now posting on this board, after killing off the TImes you have migrated here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:51 pm 
Banned

freetime wrote:
It tells ME That most of you city employees are now posting on this board, after killing off the TImes you have migrated here.

You're the one who invited everyone.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:17 pm 
Banned

heck...this is my home...just look at my screen name! i live here!

and free, you are no longer welcome!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:19 pm 

You can't delete me here. You can't wreck this board like you did the Times.
It's funny. You claim no one pays attention to my posts, yet you are absolutely obsessed with shutting me up. I'll tell you what I told someone else-this board has a "Foes" setting in the User Control Panel just like the Times. You and anyone else are encouraged to put me on ignore.
But you know and I know and they know you WON'T.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:08 am 
Banned

freetime wrote:
BTW, the Oracle post that has now replaced my post in starting the Times thread about Krusa's conflict's contains at least two lies.

The Oracle of the Region wrote:
hey free...you do remember that krusa was a consultant during the dedelow administration and first started getting paid a regular city pay check during the dedelow administration as well dont you?

your the one that has repeatedly claimed over an over again, regaurding vostron, that this is a completly legitimate policy.

so what's the problem? if its ok for you and vostron, why is it not ok for krusa?

Krusa was NOT a consultant for Dedelow. He worked for his dad, mcsenior, as an employee at the Hammond Planning Department, then went to work foir Nipsco while still on the city payroll. The State Board of Accounts later ordered him to repay the city.

He did NO WORK for Hammond while Dedelow was mayor. He resigned from his position on the Hammond Port Authority, which he was appointed to during mcsenior's term, when Dedelow was in office.

KRUSA WASN'T A CONSULTANT FOR DEDELOW, BUT JIM BENNETT WAS, AND HE MADE OVER A MILLION DOLLARS CONSULTING ON THE LOST MARSH PROJECT ALONE, WHILE WORKING FOR THE CITY. THAT IS A CLEAR CUT CONFLICT OF INTEREST. DID YOU FORGET ABOUT THAT ONE FREE ?? DID HE EVER EXPLAIN HOW HE BILLED THE CITY FOR CONSULTING WORK DONE ON LOST MARSH, WHILE HE WAS IN SOUTH AFRICA(I BELIEVE) WITH DEDELOW AND MARKOVICH ??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:08 am 
Banned

BUMP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:23 am 

The topic here is Ed Krusa. Please start your own thread if you want to discuss something else.
I believe Ed Krusa was WRONG to accept pay from a company getting tax breaks from Hammond, while he was being paid by mcmayor as a consultant. I believe mcmayor was WRONG to pay Krusa under those circumstances.

This Times story from March 2 tells the story:

http://nwi.com/articles/2008/03/02/news ... 82fa5e.txt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:09 pm 

STILL no reply from mcmayor's office on this story:

Krusa defends wearing multiple hats as consultant

* Story
* Discussion

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

BY SUSAN BROWN
sbrown@nwitimes.com
219.836.3780 | Sunday, March 02, 2008 | 4 comment(s)

HAMMOND | Water Works Department head Edward Krusa, a longtime Hammond economic consultant whose latest city contract expired Thursday, acknowledged last week he also served as a paid consultant to Jupiter Aluminum during that company's tax abatement quest.

Jupiter's latest tax abatement was approved by the City Council in 2005, at which time Krusa was under city contract as a financial consultant.

But Krusa insists he has avoided any conflicts of interest by staying away from representing the city "in analysis of the Jupiter application for abatement or anything related to it" while he was being paid by both parties.

Until Thursday, Krusa had been under contract to the city since 2004, advising the city administration on a plethora of issues, from municipal finance to redevelopment issues to city insurance to representing the mayor's office at City Council meetings. For his contractual services, Krusa was paid a total of $247,030 from 2004 through 2006. As of last week, Krusa had submitted no claims for work performed in 2007.

The paid services to Jupiter were revealed at Monday's City Council meeting under questioning by Councilman At-Large Robert Markovich before the Council gave its approval to a $35 million revenue bond to help fire-ravaged Jupiter rebuild its Hammond facility and expand its operations.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:17 pm 

freetime wrote:
The topic here is Ed Krusa. Please start your own thread if you want to discuss something else.
I believe Ed Krusa was WRONG to accept pay from a company getting tax breaks from Hammond, while he was being paid by mcmayor as a consultant. I believe mcmayor was WRONG to pay Krusa under those circumstances.

This Times story from March 2 tells the story:

http://nwi.com/articles/2008/03/02/news ... 82fa5e.txt

Well a lot of us thought it was wrong to have to pay you off for losing a patronage job you say you couldn't do too.

Nothing's gonna happen as a result of all your over 6 months of whining about this because there was no attempt to break the law. So time to move on to a real issue for a change. There's nothing new here.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:20 pm 
Banned

Judge Wapner at 4 o'clock yea...... 4 o'clock......

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:22 pm 

freetime wrote:

* Story
* Discussion

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

BY SUSAN BROWN
sbrown@nwitimes.com

HAMMOND | Water Works Department head Edward Krusa, a longtime Hammond economic consultant whose latest city contract expired Thursday, acknowledged last week he also served as a paid consultant to Jupiter Aluminum during that company's tax abatement quest.

Jupiter's latest tax abatement was approved by the City Council in 2005, at which time Krusa was under city contract as a financial consultant.

But Krusa insists he has avoided any conflicts of interest by staying away from representing the city "in analysis of the Jupiter application for abatement or anything related to it" while he was being paid by both parties.

Until Thursday, Krusa had been under contract to the city since 2004, advising the city administration on a plethora of issues, from municipal finance to redevelopment issues to city insurance to representing the mayor's office at City Council meetings. For his contractual services, Krusa was paid a total of $247,030 from 2004 through 2006. As of last week, Krusa had submitted no claims for work performed in 2007.

The paid services to Jupiter were revealed at Monday's City Council meeting under questioning by Councilman At-Large Robert Markovich before the Council gave its approval to a $35 million revenue bond to help fire-ravaged Jupiter rebuild its Hammond facility and expand its operations.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:22 pm 
Banned

freetime wrote:
Krusa

Maybe because it's been asked and answered dozens of times. How about starting a new thread about the Mayor's father. You haven't dredged up that phony false allegation for a long time.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:23 pm 
Banned

life is like a box chocolates.......

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:27 pm 

freetime wrote:
freetime wrote:

* Story
* Discussion

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

BY SUSAN BROWN
sbrown@nwitimes.com

Ah yes! Yet another SPAM post. :(

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next