Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Is Hammond teen a serious mayoral candidate?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:27 am 

gotta laugh about this article... got an email just a few minutes ago from XMPT, Thanks X.

Apparently this 19yo mayoral candidate had his candidacy form notarized by none other than Mayor Thomas McDermott's handpicked city comptroller Mr. Bobbi "Illiana ATM" Lendi. Lendi's notary also appears on the mother's candidacy form opposing Chico. Sweet!

Now for those of you who might believe that Jr would put up with a subordinate notarizing an oppositional mayoral candidate in the primary, talk to the two Hammond Cops who have been reassigned for supporting Dave Hacker. FACT.
Both Hammond Cops, per the high ranking source in the HPD were very results oriented cops.

Now one thing before, I post this. Why Mr. Bobbi "Illiana ATM" Lendi. Well there is a whole thread on this, but the short version. Bobbie at one time had on his social network page that he was President of Illiana ATM. Illiana ATMS were found in several Hammond City Government buildings. When Freetime asked the Legal Department about looking at Illiana ATM's city contract, they couldn't find one.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/hammond/article_ee409fc0-682a-58c1-a483-5605145e456b.html

Quote:
Is Hammond teen a serious mayoral candidate?
StoryDiscussionIs Hammond teen a serious mayoral candidate?
By Bill Dolan bill.dolan@nwi.com, (219) 662-5328 nwitimes.com | Posted: Wednesday, March 2, 2011 12:00 am | No Comments Posted

Font Size:Default font sizeLarger font size.HAMMOND | Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr. denies his supporters are manipulating the ballot to defeat two Hispanic candidates in the city's May 3 primary election.

Former Lake County Sheriff Rogelio "Roy" Dominguez claims McDermott is behind a Gavit High School student — Alex Andrade, who just turned 19 — becoming a last-minute candidate for mayor.

Dominguez said all the teen will do is split Hispanic votes away from Oscar Sanchez, whom Dominguez supports as a serious Hispanic challenger to McDermott's re-election.

Dominguez said the same cynical politics explains why Maritza Andrade, the teen's pregnant mother, is running against 6th District City Councilman Homero "Chico" Hinojosa Jr. Dominguez said this is meant to punish Hinojosa, who isn't aligned with McDermott's political agenda.

Dominguez said McDermott's most trusted aide, City Controller Robert Lendi, helped the two become candidates.

Lendi said Tuesday he was outside the election board to witness the final minutes of candidate filing Feb. 18. "The (Andrades) were the second or third group of people who approached me and said I was pointed out to them as a notary public and would notarize their paperwork. Prior to that I never talked to or met them before."

Dominguez said Lendi wouldn't have accidentally helped anyone "file to defeat his own boss. This just corrupts the campaign process."

McDermott said Tuesday he knows nothing about Lendi's role with the Andrades' campaign.

Antonio Andrade, the father of Alex and husband of Maritza, said he, not McDermott, is behind his family's campaigns. "All I've got to say to Roy is that he's wrong. Forget about playing the Hispanic card or the Mexican card."

Antonio Andrade said he, Maritza and their seven children moved from Burr Ridge to Hammond 16 months ago. Andrade said he became dissatisfied with Hinojosa as his councilman after problems at his son's school and vandalism to the Andrades' residence. Andrade said he vowed last fall to end Hinojosa's political career.

Andrade said his son made up his own mind to run for mayor. "Alex owns a small towing company and does Internet stuff on Craigslist. Alex bought our house at age 17, bought a yacht at the age of 18 and a van that pulls his boat. He owns a BMW that he normally drives. He is very mature. I'm proud of him."

Dominguez said of Alex Andrade, "How is he going to campaign for mayor when he goes to school during the day and works at night?"

"I call upon Mayor McDermott to disavow and distance himself from this and as county chairman to conduct an investigation. In my opinion, there is no doubt this is to deceive the voters of Hammond. It's intended to deprive Oscar Sanchez and Chico Hinojosa to a fair and honest election."

McDermott said, "You cannot stop people like Dominguez from lying."

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

Last edited by justcallmetommy on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Is Hammond teen a serious mayoral candidate?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:53 am 

Ok ... this makes little or no sense .... I yell "bullshit" at something.

The father claims ....

Quote:
Andrade said his son made up his own mind to run for mayor. "Alex owns a small towing company and does Internet stuff on Craigslist. Alex bought our house at age 17, bought a yacht at the age of 18 and a van that pulls his boat. He owns a BMW that he normally drives. He is very mature. I'm proud of him."

and that they moved here 16 months ago.

The Lake County assessor has the property owned by someone else ...transferred in 2009.

TULLY MARK A & SHEILA R
6713 ARKANSAS AVE
HAMMOND IN 46320
Transfer Date 10/02/2009

Not to mention that the property taxes were past due as of November 30, 2010. They owed over $5000.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:00 am 

McDermott and Lendi want us to believe that Lendi keeps his notory stamp in his pocket and pulls it out to notorize whenever he is asked. Have you seen those stamps? Maybe Lendi and McDermott are hanging around too many dumb people that they think people would believe that the same guy who has a sweet ATM deal and fixes McDermott's financial reports is stupid enough to notorize for someone who could put his job in jeopardy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:08 am 

Ok ..the treasury part of the Lake County website does have Alex Andrade as the owner. But he is / was late on his taxes. It hasn't been updated since November 30th, but he was late as of then. $5325.89

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:36 am 

I ask I question. Why is there so much mystery surounding political canidates in Lake County. Her's a young fellow that appears to have done great in his early yearts,but if you look between the cracks, some very odd things are starting to show up. I understand that several people are holding on to these facts and will release them closer to election time. One thing that doesn't fit right with me is the mention of a boat, BMW, towing business. If he is so young and over this short period of time when conditions in the money scene are so bad and he has been able to acomplish these feats, he's young wizard. He's the man to watch. On the other hand, when his father says the boy owns the house and when others checked, it turns out the facts are not correct. That means if one lie is said, others come easy.
Now they say a tax bill of 5 grand is due. For homes in that area paying 5 grand in taxes, proves another thing. Something isn't right. Hammond homeowners need to replace somebody that is the reason for such high taxes.
But with credentials that are factual.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:48 am 

newsflashkid wrote:
I ask I question. Why is there so much mystery surounding political canidates in Lake County. Her's a young fellow that appears to have done great in his early yearts,but if you look between the cracks, some very odd things are starting to show up. I understand that several people are holding on to these facts and will release them closer to election time. One thing that doesn't fit right with me is the mention of a boat, BMW, towing business. If he is so young and over this short period of time when conditions in the money scene are so bad and he has been able to acomplish these feats, he's young wizard. He's the man to watch. On the other hand, when his father says the boy owns the house and when others checked, it turns out the facts are not correct. That means if one lie is said, others come easy.
Now they say a tax bill of 5 grand is due. For homes in that area paying 5 grand in taxes, proves another thing. Something isn't right. Hammond homeowners need to replace somebody that is the reason for such high taxes.
But with credentials that are factual.

From the treasurers website, it looks like 2 years of taxes have not been paid. The house has an assessed value on the Treasurers page of $85,900 and a maximum yearly tax of $2847.32 and $1668.71 from the previous year plus a penalty of $809.86.

The assessor site and the treasurers site show 2 different owners of the property.

According to the times article, they only moved to Hammond a year and a half ago. How many 17 year olds do you know that can get a mortgage? NONE!

None of this adds up. A small towing business and he can pay for a house, a boat, a van, and a BMW? All while going to high school?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:25 am 

Quote:
Dominguez said the same cynical politics explains why Maritza Andrade, the teen's pregnant mother, is running against 6th District City Councilman Homero "Chico" Hinojosa Jr. Dominguez said this is meant to punish Hinojosa, who isn't aligned with McDermott's political agenda.

Quote:
Antonio Andrade said he, Maritza and their seven children moved from Burr Ridge to Hammond 16 months ago. Andrade said he became dissatisfied with Hinojosa as his councilman after problems at his son's school and vandalism to the Andrades' residence. Andrade said he vowed last fall to end Hinojosa's political career.

Quote:

Homes in Burr Ridge are not inexpensive, averaging $400,000 to $1,000,000 plus!

At 17 bought a house, yacht, bmw and.... this just not ring right.... age 17?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:32 am 

Woerpel Weed?

Is there a connection?

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:40 am 

??????
http://dockets.justia.com/docket/illinois/ilndce/1:2011cv00675/252000/

Quote:
Andrade v. Town Of Cicero, Illinois et al
Share | Plaintiff: Antonio Andrade
Defendants: Town Of Cicero, Illinois, Cicero Police Department, Marcus Ellison, Robert DeCianni, John Savage, Gene Talsma, John Doe Police Officers and JANE DOE

Case Number: 1:2011cv00675
Filed: January 31, 2011

Court: Illinois Northern District Court
Office: Chicago Office
County: Cook
Presiding Judge: Matthew F. Kennelly

Nature of Suit: Civil Rights - Other Civil Rights
Cause: 28:1331
Jurisdiction: Federal Question
Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff

Access additional case information on PACER
Use the links below to access additional information about this case on the US Court's PACER system. A subscription to PACER is required.
Access this case on the Illinois Northern District Court's Electronic Court Filings (ECF) System

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:44 am 

Again thankyou to that network of readers.. keep the links coming in!

http://www.nwitimes.com/records/marriage-licenses/article_2fccea0b-b2c6-5da0-9c8e-f3b8301043eb.html

Quote:
Marriage Licenses: November 30 - January 14
StoryDiscussionMarriage Licenses: November 30 - January 14
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 12:00 am | No Comments Posted

Font Size:Default font sizeLarger font size.November 30

December 9

Antonio Andrade, Cicero, Ill., and Maritza Fernandez, Burr Ridge, Ill.

Last edited by justcallmetommy on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:03 pm 

Again, what is your point?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:07 pm 

Again X, that for the material, that link was excellent!

On lunch... we'll talk later... you enjoy your lunch & the Preacher's show.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:10 pm 

If I provided that material it would be based on fact not rumors and innuendo. As for lunch, thanks Chuck but I prefer the company of people with integrity.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:17 pm 

Quote:
xmpt Post subject: Re: Is Hammond teen a serious mayoral candidate?Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:10 pm

Posts: 353 If I provided that material it would be based on fact not rumors and innuendo. As for lunch, thanks Chuck but I prefer the company of people with integrity.

I certainly hope this post was not made from a city hall computer and I hope you were at lunch & outside the building! Otherwise posting political messages using city equipment on city time, well that would be illegal.

hey pal you can call me anything u want... I answer to all of the names :lol:

keep up the good work.... carry on mr water boy, carry on!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:35 pm 

justcallmetommy wrote:
??????
http://dockets.justia.com/docket/illinois/ilndce/1:2011cv00675/252000/

Quote:
Andrade v. Town Of Cicero, Illinois et al
Share | Plaintiff: Antonio Andrade
Defendants: Town Of Cicero, Illinois, Cicero Police Department, Marcus Ellison, Robert DeCianni, John Savage, Gene Talsma, John Doe Police Officers and JANE DOE

Case Number: 1:2011cv00675
Filed: January 31, 2011

Court: Illinois Northern District Court
Office: Chicago Office
County: Cook
Presiding Judge: Matthew F. Kennelly

Nature of Suit: Civil Rights - Other Civil Rights
Cause: 28:1331
Jurisdiction: Federal Question
Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff

Access additional case information on PACER
Use the links below to access additional information about this case on the US Court's PACER system. A subscription to PACER is required.
Access this case on the Illinois Northern District Court's Electronic Court Filings (ECF) System

justcallmetommy wrote:
Again thankyou to that network of readers.. keep the links coming in!

http://www.nwitimes.com/records/marriage-licenses/article_2fccea0b-b2c6-5da0-9c8e-f3b8301043eb.html

Quote:
Marriage Licenses: November 30 - January 14
StoryDiscussionMarriage Licenses: November 30 - January 14
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 12:00 am | No Comments Posted

Font Size:Default font sizeLarger font size.November 30

December 9

Antonio Andrade, Cicero, Ill., and Maritza Fernandez, Burr Ridge, Ill.

Great find, JCMT. These crumbs are from a large loaf of bread.