Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 776 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is McDermott doing his job?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:12 pm 

Tiger1 wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:

Now this house was owned by an older couple, as neighbors told me. Too bad Tom didn't have his merry men of contractors do something for these folks before it was too late.

Now it looks unsafe!

Tom....
89:2104

There is a group called "Hammers For Hearts". They would fix up this place for the elderly couple for no charge, except the cost of materials. The Department Of Planning on Conkey has the info on this group. They need to call 853-6371.

Hey Tiger, don't you think Code Enforcement might put that into action long before this property reached this stage?

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:25 pm 

justcallmetommy wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:

Now this house was owned by an older couple, as neighbors told me. Too bad Tom didn't have his merry men of contractors do something for these folks before it was too late.

Now it looks unsafe!

Tom....
89:2104

There is a group called "Hammers For Hearts". They would fix up this place for the elderly couple for no charge, except the cost of materials. The Department Of Planning on Conkey has the info on this group. They need to call 853-6371.

Hey Tiger, don't you think Code Enforcement might put that into action long before this property reached this stage?

There are options for our elderly and lower income homeowners. I just wish someone had told them before it got this bad. Maybe the city could print up a pamphlet with helpful information on it for the homeowners in this kind of a situation? When Code Enforcement does an inspection, or cites the owners, I would really like to see a better resolution, if possible. I say, give them the info, and hope they take advantage of it. I got to say, when I have done research on my own, a lot of the properties in terrible shape, or who are on the demo list, are rentals or repo's. They are infrequently owner-occupied.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:59 am 

Now neighbors tell me that this house has been like this for a long long time. Calls to code have resulted in a code enforceemtn blits on the block.

Nice to see out of state plates behind a Hammond House.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:54 pm 

Now this place is charming! Just a half block away from the South Shore. This has been like this for years.

Image is everthing in a community.

You won't find this type of neglect in Munster, St. John, but we have it here in Hammond.

93:2288

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:59 pm 

A neighbor down the street again told a similar story. Multiple phone calls, other neighbors cited.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:14 pm 

Looks like more than a few you provided are in Salina's district. Well that's understandable. With his re-election a lock and working so hard on them naps in the good old city owned pickup he has no time to walk the streets of his district. Can't chance ticking off the homies ya know. ;)

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:53 am 

Regionite wrote:
Looks like more than a few you provided are in Salina's district. Well that's understandable. With his re-election a lock and working so hard on them naps in the good old city owned pickup he has no time to walk the streets of his district. Can't chance ticking off the homies ya know. ;)

They actually are from all over Hammond.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:04 pm 

photo taken 4 days ago.

Now the question, I ask you, what mall would allow this view as part of their entrance?

Now what city would allow this type of view to adversely affect a tax revenue source?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:36 pm 

That one by Schererville. Seriously JCMCHUCK do you think that if the house down the street got a ticket the one you took a picture of didn't? I have been throughout Indiana Illinois and Michigan and every city the size of Hammond has the same problems. It is proportionate to the size of the town or city. Believe me Munster and St. John have their problems too. Why don't you drive down some of their side streets and take some pictures.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:18 pm 

xmpt wrote:
That one by Schererville. Seriously JCMCHUCK do you think that if the house down the street got a ticket the one you took a picture of didn't? I have been throughout Indiana Illinois and Michigan and every city the size of Hammond has the same problems. It is proportionate to the size of the town or city. Believe me Munster and St. John have their problems too. Why don't you drive down some of their side streets and take some pictures.

by the way Cap, several of these are in your district. Chop Chop

Gee Cap, That is why Hammond is lookiing so good. I not sure what universe your living in Cap, Munster & St. John have nothing looking like this, but I guess you have to defend McDermott to keep your job. Do you get overtime for posting?

I not only have family in both Munster and St. John, I am looking for better digs than living beneath the Hohman Ave Bridge. Been all over Munster, they got nothing looking like this.

As as to a business district, they would never let a business area look like this:

This reeks of incompetence.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:02 am 

Now this is along 165th St. Doesn't a certain city employee own this strip of land. Back several years ago they got a dramatic property tax reduction. If I remember correctly it was a reduction from the high six figures to less than $50,000.

Why have they not been cited for not mowing?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:30 am 

littledebbie wrote:

Hey bored about these post? Well I don't think the families, who live next door and in the neighborhood of these properties are tired and bored about it. I think they are frustrated.

Such properties devalues property, makes a neighborhood less attractive, haven for break in's, and if not totally secured they can be used to victimize a family member, but I guess it is ok as long as it is not your family member.

I guess it is ok as long as it is not in your neighborhood, right!

Last edited by justcallmetommy on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:30 am 

Tom?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:43 pm 

justcallmetommy wrote:
littledebbie wrote:

Hey Chief, tired, bored about these post? Well I don't think the families, who live next door and in the neighborhood of these properties are tired and bored about it. I think they are frustrated.

Just the same as they are of illegal cut-ups. :smt006

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:47 am 

justcallmetommy wrote:

Now this is along 165th St. Doesn't a certain city employee own this strip of land. Back several years ago they got a dramatic property tax reduction. If I remember correctly it was a reduction from the high six figures to less than $50,000.

Why have they not been cited for not mowing?

Hey this could be the new site of the bum/ gay bath showers. It could be a major tourist draw! Downtown was no good cause who goes downtown when they don't have to? This spot is easier to get to from the interstate. There could even be cart venders for the spectators. :smt003

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 776 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 52  Next