Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: 2010 State Board of Accounts Report $33,429,192 overdrawn!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:42 am 

Quote:

http://www.in.gov/sboa/WebReports/B39219.pdf page 79

FINDING 2010-5 - PROCUREMENT
Federal Agency: U.S. Department of Energy
Federal Program: ARRA Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program (EECBG)
CFDA Number: 81.128
Award Number: SC0001386

The City submitted their overall goals and objectives for the Energy Efficiency and Conservation
Block Grant Program (EECBG) to the U.S. Department of Energy which included the breakdown of
activities and the budgeted amounts for these activities. The planned activities included: EECBG
strategy development, administration/program delivery, marketing/outreach, light bulb giveaway, and the
remaining portion was housing, commercial, and large business audits and retrofits.

The City submitted a Request For Proposal (RFP) for consulting services for the administration of the EECBG program which were due to the City by January 22, 2010. The services included in the RFP
were: marketing, evaluation of selected buildings, oversight of contractor selection and the construction
work, maintenance of records, assistance with reporting requirements, and facilitation of public presentations.
The City received four proposals for consulting services for $364,000, $133,500, $72,600 and
$88,000. The proposal for $88,000 also included an amount for construction services for another
$640,000 for a total proposal of $728,000.

The City, without supporting documentation to document the reasoning, chose the vendor that proposed both the consulting and construction portion of the project even though the RFP did not provide general plans or specifications for the construction portion of the project. The awarded contract totaled $530,000 even though the total proposal amount submitted was $728,000 for both the consulting and construction portion.

The City did not prepare general plans and specifications for the public work, publish notice in
accordance with Indiana Code 5-3-1 calling for sealed proposals for the public work needed, or allow for
the submission of bids separately for the construction portion of the project; therefore bypassing the City's
procurement policy. The City's procurement policy is to follow Indiana Code.

Since the construction services were not let in accordance with Indiana Code, $323,865 of 2010
grant disbursements made to the construction company are considered questioned costs.

Failure to properly procure public works projects in accordance with state and federal guidelines
could result in the contract for public work being voided and the City losing future federal awards.
We recommended the City establish control procedures to ensure that all contracts awarded,
whether consulting services or construction, are awarded in accordance with state and federal guidelines.

This grant was for $1,800,000. Almost a 1/3 of the $1.8 million dollars of this grant went for a consulting contract. Initially $728,000 was to go to this consultant. The final proceeds to the consultant a cool $530,000. Most all of this was done with out a sealed bid process. Amazing!

Now Doug Ross had a recent editorial bringing to light State Board of Account problems with various communities. Not one word about almost 1/3 of this grant being given away to a consultant with out performance criteria.

I wonder if it is the Golden Boy?

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:53 pm 

Little Debbie, XMPT what about this thread of JCMT's is ficticious, dribble and/or misleading?

Read this thread over and over, it is amazing what McDermott has gotten away with.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:03 am 

hammonite wrote:
Little Debbie, XMPT what about this thread of JCMT's is ficticious, dribble and/or misleading?

Read this thread over and over, it is amazing what McDermott has gotten away with.

The parts that make the mayor look bad I suppose. So all of it. :lol:

I've said it before and I'll say it yet again. McDermott will not finish out another term one way or another. He may jump ship for greener pastures, he may be indicted, or perhaps something unforeseen like a tragedy but I am certain that 4 years from now he will not be mayor seeking another term. I feel it strongly in my gut.

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:34 am 

How not to run a city, Hammond 2010 edition

State Board of Accounts audit of Hammond's books for 2010. This thing is a treasure trove of fraudulent accounting!

OVERDRAWN CASH BALANCES
The cash balances of the following funds were overdrawn as of December 31, 2010:
Fund Name Amount
General $ 28,203,730
Motor Vehicle Highway 1,069,267
Transit 3 75,309
Parks and Recreation 2,159,874
Task Force 62,767
Redevelopment Commission Operating 2 05,111
Public Safety 14,148
Water Hydrant Rental 1 81,419
Affordable Housing 9,860
Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP) 16,083
Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) 21,557
EECBG (Energy Efficiency & Conservation Block Grant) 70,322
Corporation Bond 4 32,938
Lost Marsh Golf Course 2 44,270
Centrex 15,437
Diesel Fuel Tax 6,341
Self-Insurance 2,216
Unemployment 3 32,998
Payroll Withholding 5,545
Total Overdrawn Funds $ 33,429,192

Man, I wish I could overdraw my bank account by $33 million!

It also looks like McDermott spends money on whatever the hell he wants to spend it on, whether the Council has approved it or not. He also like to pay consultants without contracts (much less competitive bids!).

Posted by Buzzcut at 11/05/2011 0 comments Links to this post

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:35 am 

hammonite wrote:

First off I am not going to read a bunch of regulations regarding accounting because I am not an accountant. I would also like to point out that JCMT is not an accountant either, he is a landlord. If there is anything to come out of this I will trust the SBA to do what is necessary instead of a bitter lanlord, campaign manager wannabe. We all witnessed how he torpedoed Sanchez's campaign.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:22 pm 

Sba is fact littleman.

Only two institutions can prosecute those misdeeds, carter and the feds.

We both know carter has his own issues to protect. That leaves the feds and Littleman, they take complaints all the time. When it reaches a certain threshold they act.

That is why toms 2 best friends, one of which is in jail and the otherone is soon going.

My friend my one short term goal is to see Tom follow in their foot steps. It all starts with a complaint, trust me, that is gospel.

Being in office places a magnifying glass on someone. Just ask Sr why he resigned.

Why do you think Sr has an almost 2 million dollar federal tax lien on him. If he wasn't Jr's father no one would have bothered.

It means simply da boys are taking a good look @ the friends and family.

Smile sometime you look very sad while on Hammond.tv.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:35 pm 

First off don't ever make the mistake of thinking I am your friend, I do not associate with cowards or rumor mongers. Secondly while you have to reach out to find something to attach to this mayor you have yet to point out anyone associated with him directly that has been indicted or talked of being indicted. Now I know you are going to scream about bobby and Philpot but both had their own issues that had nothing to do with McDermott despite what allegations and innuendo you refer to.

I have no doubt your goal is to disrupt McDermott's life for your own benefit but again you are a coward and until you find some stooge to carry your water like Sanchez and Janiec have you are nothing more then an opportunist waiting for your chance at the tit. So post all the B.S. you want it hasn't gone any where and it isn't likely too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:15 pm 

xmpt wrote:
First off don't ever make the mistake of thinking I am your friend, I do not associate with cowards or rumor mongers. Secondly while you have to reach out to find something to attach to this mayor you have yet to point out anyone associated with him directly that has been indicted or talked of being indicted. Now I know you are going to scream about bobby and Philpot but both had their own issues that had nothing to do with McDermott despite what allegations and innuendo you refer to.

I have no doubt your goal is to disrupt McDermott's life for your own benefit but again you are a coward and until you find some stooge to carry your water like Sanchez and Janiec have you are nothing more then an opportunist waiting for your chance at the tit. So post all the B.S. you want it hasn't gone any where and it isn't likely too.

No rumor here Little Man, this is all from the State Board of Accounts.

Oh my have we struck a nerve!

Speaking of coward you sure as well hide behind that screen name Littleman, just like Mrs cup cake baker. Your like the kettle calling the pot black. :smt006

Now we won't even talk about misuse of public resources. We will save that one for court, should there be a Need. Never know.

Now when did you Littleman become a mouth piece for Mcdermott unless......

Simply as stated above both bobbie and philpott's complaints came from people sometimes this " .. " close to em. Some times ARM length.

Re convicted felon cantrell and soon to be convicted philpott they are jrs best friends. Really.

Tom is concerned they might talk.

I have no interest in Jr what so ever. My interest lay with Hammond and fiscal abuse, malfeasance. Should little Tommie loose, he will have enough problems as someone else will review the books and Call in federal investigators, just like bunschich has

Tom leaves office , not to return to politics he no longer is an issue.

The feds looked at Sr and placed that federal tax lien on Sr only because of Jr & because of the wonderful person Jr is.

The down fall for pabey, cantrell, philpot, Sr. And 70 lake county politicians was an individual sending in or making a complaint to the right federal agency /person.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:48 am 

Interesting topic in an election year.