Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Thieves In Gary
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:14 am 

I post this item on this page because Gary people never post. I want this story out. They have that multi million dollar project to redue the fieldhouse at Marquette Park in Gary. Now they have problems. Some low life thieves have broke into the building and stole much of the building supplies mainly copper items. Then they set fires to the building. How does Gary ever expect to survive with actions like this, when destruction takes place every day in Gary. Many in that city have no respect for themselves and shurley not the city. Now what happens now. It was a Federally fund project, what the heck, all they have to do is ask O'bama for more money to complete the projest, if that ever happens. The very same thing happened to the old hotel next to Gary City Hall. As the city attempted to same the joint, thieves broke in there and stripped the place of anything they could sell. The city officials put a a hush-hush on that escapade. Notice how all the politicians dumped these problems on the new city Mayor. If she can pull this one off, it will amaze many. She has the bachground as a leader, let's hope she can pull this off.

Post subject: Re: Thieves In Gary
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:28 am 

Yes sad story, but there is some sun shine coming thru those clouds here in nwi newsflash.

My bet is your writing about the next lake county democratic chairman.

As a block of voters, black's endorse and vote for a candidate of color together. Then add that she is a woman, a black woman, educated, smart, good, no excellent past political pedigree AND without McDermott style baggage.

This is one cookie that could unify a very large voting bloc. Not just Tom's election with 11,000 voter which indicate voter apathy. I see no african americans as department heads in Tom's administration even though the city is what 40% black?

Let's see if the chairman plays ball with her or does he throw impediments into her path causing bad blood. If he plays ball, he gives her credibility, if he impedes her, he give her even more credibility.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.