Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New curbs installed
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:29 pm 

I have mentioned this problem several times in the past. Trucks taveling south on Hohman and turning west onto Sibley, for years have gone over the curb on a regular basis because of the poor design of the corner. I predicted that if a change of the curb wasn't made, someone would be caught under the wheels of a semi. Today they started to replace the curb in the downtown project and wouldn't you know it, the replacement is just about where the old curb was. It's a very dangerous spot and someone is going to be hurt there. The curb should be moved back about 10 feet so trucks can make that turn without using the sidewalk. As for the construction going on downtown, it's beautiful and is shaping up in rapid time. For that parking lot, they installed the iron fence and makes it very attractive. Seeing the fence, I wonder if former Mayor Rich Daley was in on that. He demaned any new commercial construction should have a iron fence around it. Take a trip to the United Center and you will see what I mean. Madison Avenue is loaded with them. Even on vacant lots. He did that to beautify the city for a convention, remember!

Post subject: Re: New curbs installed
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:04 pm 

I've been to the United Center many a time and I totally agree with you. Maybe someone should call Stan and make the suggestion.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be ... The People cannot be safe without information. When the press is free, and every man is able to read, all is safe. - Thomas Jefferson