Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: WJOB radio chat
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:24 pm 

Something that i have noticed over at WJOB i.e. WDEM radio. They have an online chat. Which i have never participated in. Yet i have followed at times. Due to the terrible on air so called talent. I would prefer to read what actual people were thinking. This is the problem. They have the power to delete and or ban any chatter that they choose. The thing i have noticed is this. They seem to ban people they disagree with. I wonder if ayone else has noticed. Or is that station just dead?

Post subject: Re: WJOB radio chat
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:39 pm 

A good number of the chat participants on WDEM are, like most of the hosts, marshmallow-brains. Everyone knows that no matter how cutting-edge and probing the hosts portray themselves to be, they must kowtow to local Democrats. Since it is their station, they can kick anyone off of their chat boards that they want to. When they do that, however, they are left with nothing but insipid old mill rats, brown-nosing public employees, and political wannabes who are as interesting as watching graffiti dry on the side of a Hammond garage.

Since talking about the true nature of the local Democratic party is a sensitive topic, if there are no school closings or local elections, the station has little real reason to exist. The owner pretty much mails in his show and all of the other programs are not much more that commercials for the Crown Point establishment. To his credit, the owner has been able to keep the station marching lamely on, but beyond perpetuating the negative image that the rest of the country has of Lake County, the station's purpose has yet to be defined.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:32 pm 

WDEM is it still on the air? Who listens to that any more?

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:42 am 

I must admit. I do like to listen to so called Republican Matt Reardon. I like to bet people how soon it will be before he "The so called Republican Voice" of the station starts blasting Republicans! Too funny.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:59 pm 

WJOB is WDEM? you guys must not listen at all. These days WJOB is far more WGOP. Mike Huckabee is on for four hours each day, M-F, from 11 to 3. JED simply was not getting the advertising revenues he wanted from Dems. This is a major move to the right by the station.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:58 pm 

I think that any conservative broadcast heard on WDEM is an acknowledgement by Mr. Dedelow that despite the fact that Da' Region loves to view itself as an outpost of colorful, individualistic raconteurs and characters that the talent pool therein is extremely shallow. NWIdiots can promote their tenuous connection to the overrated Jean Shepherd all they want, but when all is said and done, you all are just not particularly interesting.

Further, the fact that he chose a right-leaning show for that time slot indicates to me that Ree-jects may actually have a finite appetite for endless parades of self-serving local Democrats and union apes pushing for any tax increase or fee implementation that they can dream up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:09 am 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
A good number of the chat participants on WDEM are, like most of the hosts, marshmallow-brains. Everyone knows that no matter how cutting-edge and probing the hosts portray themselves to be, they must kowtow to local Democrats. Since it is their station, they can kick anyone off of their chat boards that they want to. When they do that, however, they are left with nothing but insipid old mill rats, brown-nosing public employees, and political wannabes who are as interesting as watching graffiti dry on the side of a Hammond garage.

Since talking about the true nature of the local Democratic party is a sensitive topic, if there are no school closings or local elections, the station has little real reason to exist. The owner pretty much mails in his show and all of the other programs are not much more that commercials for the Crown Point establishment. To his credit, the owner has been able to keep the station marching lamely on, but beyond perpetuating the negative image that the rest of the country has of Lake County, the station's purpose has yet to be defined.
The fact that you are so well acquainted with the chat room on WJOB is more proof that you are an unemployed loser who spends his days trolling obscure message boards and chatrooms.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:19 pm 

And here I thought I was a professor of political science at Purdue Calumet. Brian Miller may want to think twice about giving you your Junior Hammond Police Detective badge.

And once more, I will point to our respective post totals as evidence of who has more time on their hands.

The defense rests.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:11 pm 

sparks wrote:
LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:

The fact that you are so well acquainted with the chat room on WJOB is more proof that you are an unemployed loser who spends his days trolling obscure message boards and chatrooms.
Didn't take long for the OTHER BOARD refugees to start slithering over here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:11 am 

As i have been told. The person at the station that is responsible for kicking people off of that chat board is Larry Keilman. I guess he feels in at times and also has a nightly show. He is an unemployed history teacher from some charter school from Gary! He goes by the board name LtK. He sometimes tries to hide by the name Philo,Walt etc... The bottom line he is a troll and a lurker.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:04 pm 

What looks like a cross between the androgynous "Pat" from the old Saturday Night Live skit and Telly Savalas' brother on a bad day, thinks it's a comedian, and is reason number 1,742 that Da' Region is on a perpetual downward spiral?

That Nick Gaza guy that hosts a WDEM afternoon show! I logged in for TEN MINUTES and in that short time, he, like all other Reege-tards and Ree-jects, started reflecting on the good old days in the East Chicago of the 1950's and 1960's. "Back den, everyone I knew worked in da' mills and for da' city. Everyone had plenny of money and no one wuz losn' der houses." This idiot went on blissfully unaware that the reason you can't find a real job or give a house away in Hammond/Gary/East Chicago/Whiting is precisely because that for decades everyone there either worked for the mills or for the city.

Thank Heaven there is a Region. Othewise, these dopes could be dispersed throughout the productive population of this country.