Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Clinton praises Mc Dermott
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:20 am 

At a big Democratic get together in Indiianapolis Friday, Bill Clinton singled out the Mayor and told how great he was for the party and what he had done in the past. The Mayor if you remember backed Hillary in her run for the President. Is this the door the Mayor has been looking for, to move up the ladder?

Post subject: Re: Clinton praises Mc Dermott
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:25 pm 

yes read that on line as well. don't think jr is going to be going anywhere, he has to go thru the vetting process.

i dont think jr has the ability to take someone yelling at him, like he yells at his staff, his ego won't take that.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:36 pm 

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake ... _form=true

There's your link to the "praise" story.

Here's the relevant part where Clinton "praises" McDermott.

"Mayor Tom McDermott of Hammond, Ind., thank you for a lot of things that you and I know about — standing up, among other things, for the right to vote and the rule of law and all the good stuff," Clinton said. "Thank you for what you've done."

"Thank you for a lot of things that you and I know about"... wink, wink... "right to vote", "rule of law", "all that good stuff", blah, blah, HaHa. Remember, McDermott had a hand in drafting Clinton's remarks. That is Tom's true calling...speechwriter for Bill Clinton. Tom's natural tendency to "bluff" fits with the narrative of Clinton's life, and message. He can also moonlight as "bird dog" for the Big Dog, as they carouse for an arousal. On second thought, Tom's writing rarely has room for polysyllabic words, and he can hardly string two sentances together without an explitive or insult. I hope the Feds can show how to string three sentences consectutively for Tom. He is in need of an intervention, but it's too late for him to avoid detention. He should have paid attention in law school.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:41 pm 

lubu wrote:
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/hammond/president-clinton-praises-hammond-mayor-mcdermott/article_9a3af744-787c-517a-92f5-484f256bf9b5.html?comment_form=true

There's your link to the "praise" story.

Here's the relevant part where Clinton "praises" McDermott.

"Mayor Tom McDermott of Hammond, Ind., thank you for a lot of things that you and I know about — standing up, among other things, for the right to vote and the rule of law and all the good stuff," Clinton said. "Thank you for what you've done."

"Thank you for a lot of things that you and I know about"... wink, wink... "right to vote", "rule of law", "all that good stuff", blah, blah, HaHa. Remember, McDermott had a hand in drafting Clinton's remarks. That is Tom's true calling...speechwriter for Bill Clinton. Tom's natural tendency to "bluff" fits with the narrative of Clinton's life, and message. He can also moonlight as "bird dog" for the Big Dog, as they carouse for an arousal. On second thought, Tom's writing rarely has room for polysyllabic words, and he can hardly string two sentances together without an explitive or insult. I hope the Feds can show how to string three sentences consectutively for Tom. He is in need of an intervention, but it's too late for him to avoid detention. He should have paid attention in law school.

Quote:
Per President Clinton: thank you for a lot of things that you and I know about —

Would that be infidelity? Just askin..... :smt002

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:50 am 

Something is afoot. And no doubt Mac's strong active endorsement of Hillary finally paid a real dividend with a quote he can repeatedly use from ol' Wild Bill hisself.

But there also has been a strong media-seeding by the McDermotts, especially the image-building of a family-oriented public servant. Pure Evan Bayh, but pound for pound, better - certainly in terms of sheer electoral ambition. There's far more fire in the belly with Mac. Had McDermott been positioned as Bayh, he'd have long been the Democratic presidential nominee, or at least on someone's ticket. Equally, I think Bayh and the boys of Carmel feared McDermott and so pre-empted the nomination of Brad Ellsworth for senator, whom Bayh would've tooled.

Recall the the specious timing of Bayh's announcement to retire (one day before the primary deadline to file candidacy), and how the Indiana's leading Democrats resorted to the state committee to select his successor, utterly indifferent if not contemptuous in stripping the party of a primary election.

Anyway, that's what I'm sensing. I'm gonna be expecting an announcement after the new year, soon after everyone's been sworn-in. Mac's gotta make his move, a move, if he is to ascend.

Just my speculation.