Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Federal Probe
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:57 pm 

justcallmetommy wrote:
xmpt wrote:
You tell us. You are the one that has all the friends with "gold" badges. You are a certain kind of scum. Some day I hope they prosecute you for slander.

And what was slanderous..... HUD's Inspector General Dis bared Hammond from participation in their program because of irregularities with rehabbed properties. It wouldn't be prudent of Tom to get a demo order on a property the Redevelopment Commission put $70K into, now would it. A contractor got paid to do some shoddy work?

Their next step as an internal process is to refer such misuse of federal funds for further investigation and to the DOJ. That's their policy.

Pictures don't lie, and as to friends, well Councilman, anyone can write a letter, make a phone call, have a chat.

Seems as of recently there may be some people with in the McDermott administration that may be laid down as pavers, protecting the chairman. They may not want to take all the blame, and tell the truth, they were given orders to either do x or lose their job.

Right Councilman?

& by the way I didn't start this thread.....

What contractor?
What pictures?
some people?
do x?
Anyone?

More of your typical wish list make believe B.S.

You are so full of s*** even flies won't land on you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:25 pm 

xmpt wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:
xmpt wrote:
You tell us. You are the one that has all the friends with "gold" badges. You are a certain kind of scum. Some day I hope they prosecute you for slander.

And what was slanderous..... HUD's Inspector General Dis bared Hammond from participation in their program because of irregularities with rehabbed properties. It wouldn't be prudent of Tom to get a demo order on a property the Redevelopment Commission put $70K into, now would it. A contractor got paid to do some shoddy work?

Their next step as an internal process is to refer such misuse of federal funds for further investigation and to the DOJ. That's their policy.

Pictures don't lie, and as to friends, well Councilman, anyone can write a letter, make a phone call, have a chat.

Seems as of recently there may be some people with in the McDermott administration that may be laid down as pavers, protecting the chairman. They may not want to take all the blame, and tell the truth, they were given orders to either do x or lose their job.

Right Councilman?

What contractor?
What pictures?
some people?
do x?
Anyone?

Then why Councilman spend so much time refuting my bullsh1t claims....Unless....you have some skin in the game or is it some truth in the matter? Hmmmm.

Quote:
http://www.hudoig.gov/Audit_Reports/2012-CH-1009.pdf
Issue Date: August 3, 2012
Audit Report Number: 2012-CH-1009

TO: Forrest Jones, Program Center Coordinator, Office of Public Housing, 5HPH
//signed//

FROM: Kelly Anderson, Regional Inspector General for Audit, 5AGA

The Inspector General Act, Title 5 United States Code, section 8L, requires that OIG post its publicly available reports on the OIG Web site. Accordingly, this report will be posted at http://www.hudoig.gov.
:smt002

Even Tom said during one of his most recent WJED Radio Shows, he knew the Feds were listening to his show, he knew it for a fact.

Now why on earth would a sitting Mayor say such a thing, unless the dirt he was doing was beginning to surface & smell.

You need to make alternative plans, as Tom may not be able to walk away from this one.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:32 am 

Roflmao.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:46 am 

xmpt wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:

Right Councilman?

xmpt wrote:
What contractor?
What pictures?
some people?
do x?
Anyone?

justcallmetommy wrote:

Then why Councilman spend so much time refuting my bullsh1t claims....Unless....you have some skin in the game or is it some truth in the matter? Hmmmm.

Quote:
http://www.hudoig.gov/Audit_Reports/2012-CH-1009.pdf
Issue Date: August 3, 2012
Audit Report Number: 2012-CH-1009

TO: Forrest Jones, Program Center Coordinator, Office of Public Housing, 5HPH
//signed//

FROM: Kelly Anderson, Regional Inspector General for Audit, 5AGA

The Inspector General Act, Title 5 United States Code, section 8L, requires that OIG post its publicly available reports on the OIG Web site. Accordingly, this report will be posted at http://www.hudoig.gov.
:smt002

Even Tom said during one of his most recent WJED Radio Shows, he knew the Feds were listening to his show, he knew it for a fact.

Now why on earth would a sitting Mayor say such a thing, unless the dirt he was doing was beginning to surface & smell.

You need to make alternative plans, as Tom may not be able to walk away from this one.

Hey, JCMT, why don't you get one of these to conduct your super secret undercover investigations? All you would need is a bowtie to complete the look.Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:47 pm 

Spickles you proved, a box of rocks has more intelligence than you, really!

If you had the presence of mind to have purchased something like this, you could have easily received enough money to at least help your kid thru a year of college.... really. Instead you are a slave to Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr, having no intelligent independent thought!

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:34 pm 

xmpt wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:
xmpt wrote:

Right Councilman?

What contractor?
What pictures?
some people?
do x?
Anyone?

Well, if that word is true, Spickles may be the new Chief Electrical Inspector in Hammond, then it explains Spickle's re appearance here. Congratulations Spickles, you are now in a real pickle!

Then maybe Spickles can look into some of the quality of work done by some of the contractors hired by Hammond's Redevelopment Commission. See, the Redevelopment Commission hired "approved contractors" to work on specific homes purchased by HDC.

In fact some of the contractors requested additional payment on some of these projects, some of these payments exceeded 25% of the contract bid, the additional spending request, which were approved, not by the Redevelopment Commission as required by Indiana Statute, but by one of McDermott's appointments in the Redevelopment Commission. This was part of a HUD Inspector General Finding, which resulted in Hammond losing Federal Funding.

BTW, Spickles, the following pictures are of work done on a couple of Hammond's abandoned properties, purchased by HRD and rehabbed by favored contractors. Neary $70k was spent on this one. I am sure someone had to inspect their work and sign off on it...

Spickles would this be safe for a family to move into? Or was the intent, never to really see a family in this, but to have have someone make some gravy on HUD funding?

Shouldn't Hammond be going after the contractors to recoup some of cost?
Shouldn't the preferred contractors be barred from doing business in Hammond?

Mr. Mayor? Ms. Kantar?

Hmmmm.

Now in this picture, the electrician I consulted said it appears the wires should have been enclosed in conduit/or spring green metal sheathing and a gang box anchored for the fixture.

According to the electrician I consulted, the electrical tape securing the wiring to the 2x4 is illegal, along with the metal cable not having a gang box on the end of it.

According to the electrician I consulted, In this picture, I just love the electrical tape securing wiring... and the metal cable should have gone into a gang box.

What the electrician said, what is unique about this picture, is the pigtails are connected to old knob and tube wiring, which should have been replaced in the remodeling project.

Opps!

I guess I am going to get another visit by code enforcement. Bad JCMT, Bad JCMT!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:02 pm 

justcallmetommy wrote:
xmpt wrote:
xmpt wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:

Right Councilman?

What contractor?
What pictures?
some people?
do x?
Anyone?

Well, if that word is true, Spickles may be the new Chief Electrical Inspector in Hammond, then it explains Spickle's re appearance here. Congratulations Spickles, you are now in a real pickle!

Then maybe Spickles can look into some of the quality of work done by some of the contractors hired by Hammond's Redevelopment Commission. See, the Redevelopment Commission hired "approved contractors" to work on specific homes purchased by HDC.

In fact some of the contractors requested additional payment on some of these projects, some of these payments exceeded 25% of the contract bid, the additional spending request, which were approved, not by the Redevelopment Commission as required by Indiana Statute, but by one of McDermott's appointments in the Redevelopment Commission. This was part of a HUD Inspector General Finding, which resulted in Hammond losing Federal Funding.

BTW, Spickles, the following pictures are of work done on a couple of Hammond's abandoned properties, purchased by HRD and rehabbed by favored contractors. Neary $70k was spent on this one. I am sure someone had to inspect their work and sign off on it...

Spickles would this be safe for a family to move into? Or was the intent, never to really see a family in this, but to have have someone make some gravy on HUD funding?

Shouldn't Hammond be going after the contractors to recoup some of cost?
Shouldn't the preferred contractors be barred from doing business in Hammond?

Mr. Mayor? Ms. Kantar?

Hmmmm.

Now in this picture, the electrician I consulted said it appears the wires should have been enclosed in conduit/or spring green metal sheathing and a gang box anchored for the fixture.

According to the electrician I consulted, the electrical tape securing the wiring to the 2x4 is illegal, along with the metal cable not having a gang box on the end of it.

According to the electrician I consulted, In this picture, I just love the electrical tape securing wiring... and the metal cable should have gone into a gang box.

What the electrician said, what is unique about this picture, is the pigtails are connected to old knob and tube wiring, which should have been replaced in the remodeling project.

Opps!

I guess I am going to get another visit by code enforcement. Bad JCMT, Bad JCMT!

I certainly didn't sign off on it. I have no interest in testifying before a judge about work that did not meet code that I approved. I'm still curious about why you refuse to provide addresses of where these pictures were taken? What if someone is hurt or dies in a fire caused by this work you allege? Wouldn't you feel like you were partly to blame for the fire?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:17 pm 

sparks wrote:

I certainly didn't sign off on it. I have no interest in testifying before a judge about work that did not meet code that I approved. I'm still curious about why you refuse to provide addresses of where these pictures were taken? What if someone is hurt or dies in a fire caused by this work you allege? Wouldn't you feel like you were partly to blame for the fire?

Hammond's RDC rehab program has been in question regarding quality of work for quite some time. Few want to bring it to light, as they work for the city and/or have contractor status with the city.....all it would do is cause Tom to get upset and "remember their inquiry," rewarding them by canceling contract or losing their city job. McDermott has done that in the past.

HUD's Inspector General's Audit sited Hammond, disbarring Hammond for irregularities, among the irregularities were unapproved charges not voted on by the RDC and violations of the Davis Bacon Act. See, some of Tom's friends, who own companies doing work for the city, are milking Hammond dry, over charging the city on projects, charge Union Scale, but fail to pay their workers Union Scale, pocketing the difference.

Why do you think McDermott hasn't insisted Lendi and others, to audit contractors? The State Board of Accounts cited Hammond for the last couple of years regarding violations to the Davis Bacon Act. So draw the logical conclusion.

If I gave you the address, then you would only look at that property. If I with hold the address, that means you have to reassess the work done, giving all work done a second review.

By with holding address, I am actually saving lives because you got to look at each project again.

BTW, there are a lot more of these thank you might think, Rightie.
. :smt002

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:16 am 

justcallmetommy wrote:
sparks wrote:

Hammond's RDC rehab program has been in question regarding quality of work for quite some time. Few want to bring it to light, as they work for the city and/or have contractor status with the city.....all it would do is cause Tom to get upset and "remember their inquiry," rewarding them by canceling contract or losing their city job. McDermott has done that in the past.

HUD's Inspector General's Audit sited Hammond, disbarring Hammond for irregularities, among the irregularities were unapproved charges not voted on by the RDC and violations of the Davis Bacon Act. See, some of Tom's friends, who own companies doing work for the city, are milking Hammond dry, over charging the city on projects, charge Union Scale, but fail to pay their workers Union Scale, pocketing the difference.

Why do you think McDermott hasn't insisted Lendi and others, to audit contractors? The State Board of Accounts cited Hammond for the last couple of years regarding violations to the Davis Bacon Act. So draw the logical conclusion.
Sparks wrote:
Davis Bacon act is a federal act,pal. The state doesn't enforce Federal laws. The Republicans in Indiana don't even want to enforce state laws unless they involve taking away voting rights,taking away access to Planned Parenthood, or making sure gun nuts can carry weapons in state parks.

If I gave you the address, then you would only look at that property. If I with hold the address, that means you have to reassess the work done, giving all work done a second review.
sparks wrote:
Hey poindexter, I can't just inspect whatever I choose to. An electrical permit has to be pulled, and an inspection is called into the building department. Once it is entered into the log book, I perform the inspection, documenting the work. If there are code violations, I cite the relevant section of the NEC 2008 code book, red tag it and move on to the next inspection.

By with holding address, I am actually saving lives because you got to look at each project again.
BTW, there are a lot more of these thank you might think, Rightie. . :smt002[/quote]
sparks wrote:
It's hard to look at properties when I don't know where they are. I think you are nothing more than a wanna be who is afraid of his own shadow.Why don't you put your super secret decoder ring back in the Cracker Jack box and get a life? The same old song and dance is getting old. I can't wait to hear you get smacked down on the Mayor's show on friday.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:12 pm 

sparks wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:
sparks wrote:

Sparks wrote:
Davis Bacon act is a federal act,pal. The state doesn't enforce Federal laws. The Republicans in Indiana don't even want to enforce state laws unless they involve taking away voting rights,taking away access to Planned Parenthood, or making sure gun nuts can carry weapons in state parks.

sparks wrote:
Hey poindexter, I can't just inspect whatever I choose to. An electrical permit has to be pulled, and an inspection is called into the building department. Once it is entered into the log book, I perform the inspection, documenting the work. If there are code violations, I cite the relevant section of the NEC 2008 code book, red tag it and move on to the next inspection.

BTW, there are a lot more of these thank you might think, Rightie. . :smt002
sparks wrote:
It's hard to look at properties when I don't know where they are. I think you are nothing more than a wanna be who is afraid of his own shadow.Why don't you put your super secret decoder ring back in the Cracker Jack box and get a life? The same old song and dance is getting old. I can't wait to hear you get smacked down on the Mayor's show on friday.
[/quote]

Look Spickles, I really don't give a rats ass what you think, and if you got your head out of your ass, you know you are going to be asked to do things that will be illegal. Diombala stated so. So I could care less if you wind up in jail with your grand children visiting them like Cantrell's.

If fact Spickles, I would prefer someone like you getting busted because you would be such a stand up guy.

As to getting old, well pal, no one asked you to be a hero and respond to my dribble, it was self inflicted.

Thanks for the quote, I just might be able to use it later.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:41 am 

Interesting topic in an election year.