Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: E911 another county joke
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:18 pm 

That saving is judged by what. Bids by competing compnies or what the committee thought it would cost. As for cameras, many of the cities have PTZ cameras up on poles for surveillance. To get you straight, Hammond at this present time is taking ideas for more of them and questioning about their cost. Who is going to monitor them? Or are they just up there for the birds to crap on? The two items, cameras communications must work together, if anyone thinks different please call London England who have more cameras than any other location and tell them they are not doing them correctly. Then call Chicago who has over 10,000 cameras available. Many of them have sound detectors that can locate a gunshot within a 10 foot spot. Many of the Chicago cameras go into certain district stations and also into their 911 center.This center has been in operation since 2002 and they had plenty of problems. Mainly from dropped messages. They just spent 3 million recently to attempt to correct this problem, but still problems still popup. But my simple question was, who going to handle the alarms and the cameras. For those in doubt about my qualifications and knowlege, will the local genius tell me what happened to the terrific camera system Hammond set up in Hessville when they had a sub station near Strack Van Til. To go on, after being challenged on my knowledge, what about that system in city hall it's self? They installed a system to cover the City Hall and they were told after the installation that it's wasn't doing any good. Less than two weeks later a husband called City Hall that he was going to kill his wife who was up at the Prosecuters office on the 3rd floor. As they watched the cameras, he walked in and killed his wife and shot a deputy prosecuter. With the police Department now moved from city hall. who monitors them, or are the just a ornimate? The way the expert told me, they view them after the incident.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:03 pm 

Sorry I haven't been able to have a reply for you Sparky. If you would check even your local ordinance in Hammond and other towns like Gary and many more. The security business such as alarms, HAVE THEIR OWN ORDINANCE AND LICENSE. Get that Sparky $250.00 a year in Hammond at least it was several years back. That high price after most towns charge from 17 dollars to 50 dollars, was to force the smaller companies out of business in Hammond. By doing this, one selected company would get the majority of the alarm business in town. They did the same thing in East Chicago. The then Police Chief worked with an alarm company in Merrillville. You were almost forced to take the system he sugested if you wanted prompt service. Same thing applied for Hammond when the senior was in office.Don't argue this case with me anymore and admit it, old Sparky you didn't know what you are posting about. O'h by the way. That E911 system has more problems than I ever thought they had. Watch for this item shortly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:10 pm 

sparks wrote:
newsflashkid wrote:
Hey wire twister. I'm not interested in other counties. I want the answers for Lake County in regards to the local E911 sysytem. I am well informed on the full operation from past experience at other locals. So don't you ever attempt to blow me out of the water with your constant attempts of degrading individuals. Plus I think you are treading water in the wrong direction when you slam charter schools. Who was the master mind that dreamed up the local charter school. The answer, the same guy that is running the E911 as a consultant. Plus while I have you on line, speaking of Charter Schools, what the hell happened to those steel girders stolen from the charter school several years ago. You appear to know all the answers.

I would be interested in hearing about your claim regarding this statement.- I am well informed on the full operation from past experience at other locals
What portion of the 911 consolidation did you study?
The technical aspects of integrating various local 911 systems?
The retraining of 911 dispatchers?
Correctly identifying the location of callers needing help?
Quailty assurance programs insuring that every call for help is responded to in the most efficient manner?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Still waiting for some answers,gramps. Heck, I'll settle for two out of four.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:20 am 

Sparky,I have no reason to offer anything to your requests. Who do you think you are to even challenge me and ask for answers. Mister. You are a nobody but a political hack. It's funny when I make any remarks, there are not any replies from rthe indiciduals involved. Only you, as you make a complete fool out of yourself.