Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Visclosky believes he's boss, to dictate not serve
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:56 am 

Yet another editorial in The Tmes today extolling what they consider are the virtues of SSEX. Relentless. The Big Brains at The Times say SSEX will be a boon for Hammond because Hammond will gain a station that will be "controlling" east-west and north-south trains. How is that a boon? But worse than that, they are now charging me to read their propaganda. Before I read their missive, they made me watch my choice of three commercials. First it was the sidebar ads. Then the popup ads. Now you have to watch a commercial to access the site. What's next? It's like the slippery slope of SSEX. First it's the capital costs. Then the overruns. Then the operational deficit. Then the further flight of residents further south. Who will turn out the lights?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:38 pm 

lubu wrote:
Yet another editorial in The Tmes today extolling what they consider are the virtues of SSEX. Relentless. The Big Brains at The Times say SSEX will be a boon for Hammond because Hammond will gain a station that will be "controlling" east-west and north-south trains. How is that a boon? But worse than that, they are now charging me to read their propaganda. Before I read their missive, they made me watch my choice of three commercials. First it was the sidebar ads. Then the popup ads. Now you have to watch a commercial to access the site. What's next? It's like the slippery slope of SSEX. First it's the capital costs. Then the overruns. Then the operational deficit. Then the further flight of residents further south. Who will turn out the lights?

What form of coercion did the Times use to force you to click on their ed/op piece and read it? Was it a threat of torture or an attempt to blackmail you for past indiscretions? Inquiring minds want to know.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:01 am 

I hear ya Lu. Pure corporate totalitarian. The ads are pure black-hand extortion.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:09 am 

Neometric wrote:
I hear ya Lu. Pure corporate totalitarian. The ads are pure black-hand extortion.

Neo, you have stumbled on something big here. However, I believe the NRA is the one behind this totalitarian takeover, not corporations. Once the NRA has achieved complete control of government and the media, they will take steps to protect the second amendment. All white males will be issued Glocks and ammo when they enter kindergarten. Children will never again be emotionally scarred by schoolyard teasing because lethal force can now be used against teasing. The country will be restored to it's former glory because of expanded gun ownership. Citizens will no longer need to wait for the police to arrive because they'll be able to solve any problem by killing it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:39 am 

lubu wrote:

Use firefox and get the no script and ad block extensions. No ads on sites at all, unless you allow them. I love it

And Sparks, Porky Pete gets re-elected all the time because of the letter behind his name, thats all. The idiot voters in Lake County all push 10, because they are brainwashed to do that from the time they turn 18. Remember, the idiots almost elected Carol Seaton to an office not to long ago, and she had so many issues, but the idiots still voted for her because your precious moron mayor who happens to lead the idiot party, insisted on pushing straight party voting, and the morons followed like good little sheep

Oh and last time Porky asked me questions, he wanted to get away from me so fast, because I didn't suck his dick like he prefers, he totally avoided answering every single hard hitting question I asked him like "whats DC going to do about the bullshit rise in college education" or "why do we need another unemployment extension if the President feels the economy is better now than when he took office" or " if federal spending is so out of control, how come elected officials in DC do not take a paycut", or "how come you secure $180K grants for traffic lights for Valparaiso, which will be torn down within a year when a roundabout is built on that intersection" or the best one I asked him " how come you complain about campaign finances being out of whack, yet continue to take donations from the very corporations that you claim to despise". He never answered any of those, and he suddenly was "running late" to another when I continually pressured him on answering at least one of those questions. So yeah, Porky is the typical politician, he hates when someone isn't a lemming and actually questions him. Hmm sounds like I just described a certain mayor in Lake County who happens to be a party chair for the Dems as well. Amazing coincidence?