Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: If you have the money. Like 30 million!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:49 pm 

Some people are known for accomplishing many jobs and have gained a reputation for doing so. Thus resulting in future projects.
But one must look at in a different prospective. If you have plenty of money to play with and it isn't your money, one can take chances and attempt to get a finished product. Take a look at the Charter School in Hammond. They got funding and built the school without even involving the school city. But did it turn out as should have? The answer is no! Built on a small lot in the downtown area with No campus. No cafeteria, No playground (having to use nearby praire for exercise) no gym and probably a lot more. Was this a project of sucess? Now we turn to this E911 project. Is this going to have the same result, the instigator of the Charter School is sort of in the drivers seat for the E911 Center as a consultant. Many questions could be asked about the center. This will be the biggest outlay of money by the county ever, estimated at 30 milllion. Asking questions on what has been spent so far and I heard around 2 million and it's barely off the ground floor. Why didn't the county try and eliminate themselves from this Center. They say the state forced them to do so. Funny thing Indianapolis was not forced to make such a move. Did the city of Speedway join Indianapolis as well some of the ajoining cities . No. Indy was exempt.Many Police Departments in Lake County monitor CCTV around their cities and monitor Burglar Alarms.Is this all moving to Crown Point? Who is going to man the individual towns Police Headquarters? Do they just close up at 5pm and go home. What about those lockups, who will watch the prisoners they may have. What happens if a water main breaks? Call Crown Point? This center will cost each city more than they think. It wouldn't save the taxpayers one single cent.

Post subject: Re: If you have the money. Like 30 million!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:25 pm 

I think that most people can see that the downstate republican majority will "stick it" to us anytime they can. It seems that everything they "do for us" ends up costing more money out of our pockets!

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

Post subject: Re: If you have the money. Like 30 million!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:24 am 

I see gramps is posting his usual uninformed crap. We'll start with this bit of drivel.
1) This will be the biggest outlay of money by the county ever, estimated at 30 milllion.
Really, Gramps? How much do you think has been spent on the county jail upgrades? The sheriff's dept? The surveyor's dept? Once again, you are proving there is no fixing stupid.

2) Funny thing Indianapolis was not forced to make such a move.
More idiocy from the "newsflashkid". The state mandated consolidated E911 centers for all 92 counties in the state. No exemptions were granted. Exempting Indianapolis would be considered "special legislation, which is unconstitutional. Feel free to post any links you might have to prove me wrong. Here is my link.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/porter/police-officials-debate-dispatch-consolidation/article_7be8a17a-6526-5fd2-9a3b-371812e4001d.html

Indiana law requires all counties to consolidate their dispatch centers by Dec. 31, 2014. The 2008 law allows each county up to two public safety answering points.That means all of Lake County's 911 calls would be routed to central locations rather than to the municipality in which the calls originate.