Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: More $$$ out the window to pals of Tom?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:34 pm 

Code:
Hammond to Hold Hearing on $850,000
Bond for Buffalo Wild Wings
By Ken Davidson - Published: 04/25/2014 - Section: Hammond   

According to a legal notice, the City of Hammond Economic Development Commission will hold a hearing on May 5, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. regarding the proposed issuance of a bond in the amount of $850,000.00 to finance a project to be undertaken by AMC Hammond Real Estate, Inc.

AMC Hammond Real Estate, Inc is the proposed developer of a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant at the former Kennedy Park Apartments site at the intersection of Kennedy Avenue and Interstate 80-94.  According to the Notice, the bonds will be used for construction costs.  The bond will be repaid from tax money and the developer will not be responsible for the repayment.  Interested members of the public can comment by attending the hearing or in writing to:

Africa K. Tarver,City of Hammond Department of Planning and Development, 649 Conkey Street, Hammond, Indiana 46324. Written comments will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. (local time), on Friday, May 2, 2014

Ya got to admit, just after Hammond Taxpayers being on the hook for a $10,000,000 bond, for one of the richest multi national corporations in the world to build a plant in Hammond, bringing 5 jobs to NWI, which never happened, but you and I are paying for it, is real ballsy.

Now Tom announces another $850,000 bond the tax payers are going to be on the hook for another bond again.

First, I wanna know what ever happen to the 5 jobs $10,000,000 given to Potash? Wheres the Potash Plant? What were gonna walk away from $10,000,000. At least we know who Potash is.

Didn't I read somewhere, In this case someone formed a Limited Liability Partnership.... partners are hidden. For all we know, it could be Lendi, McDermott, Krusa, along with Hamm and Dabby boy hitting up Hammond residents for $850K..... WTF

Hey Tom, I wanna start a company and I only need $2.5 million, what do ya think? And then I would move to a country where the US doesn't have an extradition treaty.... to bad, I ain't GREEK. :smt002

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

Post subject: Re: More $$$ out the window to pals of Tom?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:42 pm 

You love to make s*** up as you go along don't you?

AMC Hammond is a wholly owned subsidiary of Diversified Restaurant Holdings. It's a publicly traded company ..... they own the Bagger Dave's Burger Taverns and a number of Buffalo Wild Wings Franchises ...... Stock Ticker BAGR

They also own the BW3 franchises in Crown Point, Valparaiso, Hobart, Schererville, Lansing, Calumet City and Homewood locally.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:22 am 

mattlap wrote:

AMC Hammond is a wholly owned subsidiary of Diversified Restaurant Holdings. It's a publicly traded company ..... they own the Bagger Dave's Burger Taverns and a number of Buffalo Wild Wings Franchises ...... Stock Ticker BAGR

They also own the BW3 franchises in Crown Point, Valparaiso, Hobart, Schererville, Lansing, Calumet City and Homewood locally.

Now Matt, I don't disagree with you, I am an Idiot, and I just love being made a fool. Nice to see you surface again, apparently did someone give you a call? Are you still living in Lombard?.

And Matt, the Idiot that I am, you wholly missed my genius asking about the $10,000,000 in Potash money along with the 5 jobs it was supposed to bring. Hammond residents, not you Matt as you relocated to the Land of Milk and Honey Lombard, are paying on that bond debt.

As to a wholly owned subsidiary.... I don't see any direct link that some of the McDermott Clan don't own some of the 60,000 shares.

In fact Matt, you and I can form a corp and let's call it AMC MATT & Justcallmetommy Hammond Real Estate...
and have Tom, and Ed, and the other Tom, and Phil and others as among the 60,000 share holders in the corp.

.... and Matt, show me none of the McDermott clan have an interest in the Inc., the don't hold some of the 60,000 shares issued......

And then Matt show me where the Potash $10,000,000 bond went... the money has to be in someone's pocket, it sure ain't in property ownership, it aint in construction on site...

Quote:
Name Searched On:
AMC HAMMOND REAL ESTATE (Legal)

Current Information

Entity Legal Name:
AMC HAMMOND REAL ESTATE, INC.

Entity Address:
27680 FRANKLIN ROAD, SOUTHFIELD, MI 48034

General Entity Information:

Control Number: 2013100400075
Entity Type: For-Profit Domestic Corporation

Entity Creation Date: 10/3/2013
Entity Date to Expire:
Entity Inactive Date:

This entity is current with Business Entity Report(s).

There are no other names on file for this Entity.

Registered Agent(name, address, city , state , zip):
CT CORPORATION
150 WEST MARKET STREET SUITE 800
INDIANAPOLIS , IN 46204

Principals(name, address, city, state, zip - when provided)
T. MICHAEL ANSLEY
Incorporator
27680 FRANKLIN ROAD
SOUTHFIELD , MI 48034

Transactions:

Date Filed Effective Date Type
10/03/2013 10/03/2013 Articles of Incorporation

Corporate Reports:
Years Paid
N/A

Years Due
None

I don't see anything which ties this corp back to AMC other than an address.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:13 pm 

justcallmetommy wrote:
mattlap wrote:

Now Matt, I don't disagree with you, I am an Idiot, and I just love being made a fool. Nice to see you surface again, apparently did someone give you a call? Are you still living in Lombard?.

And Matt, the Idiot that I am, you wholly missed my genius asking about the $10,000,000 in Potash money along with the 5 jobs it was supposed to bring. Hammond residents, not you Matt as you relocated to the Land of Milk and Honey Lombard, are paying on that bond debt.

As to a wholly owned subsidiary.... I don't see any direct link that some of the McDermott Clan don't own some of the 60,000 shares.

In fact Matt, you and I can form a corp and let's call it AMC MATT & Justcallmetommy Hammond Real Estate...
and have Tom, and Ed, and the other Tom, and Phil and others as among the 60,000 share holders in the corp.

.... and Matt, show me none of the McDermott clan have an interest in the Inc., the don't hold some of the 60,000 shares issued......

And then Matt show me where the Potash $10,000,000 bond went... the money has to be in someone's pocket, it sure ain't in property ownership, it aint in construction on site...

Quote:
Name Searched On:
AMC HAMMOND REAL ESTATE (Legal)

Current Information

Entity Legal Name:
AMC HAMMOND REAL ESTATE, INC.

Entity Address:
27680 FRANKLIN ROAD, SOUTHFIELD, MI 48034

General Entity Information:

Control Number: 2013100400075
Entity Type: For-Profit Domestic Corporation

Entity Creation Date: 10/3/2013
Entity Date to Expire:
Entity Inactive Date:

This entity is current with Business Entity Report(s).

There are no other names on file for this Entity.

Registered Agent(name, address, city , state , zip):
CT CORPORATION
150 WEST MARKET STREET SUITE 800
INDIANAPOLIS , IN 46204

Principals(name, address, city, state, zip - when provided)
T. MICHAEL ANSLEY
Incorporator
27680 FRANKLIN ROAD
SOUTHFIELD , MI 48034

Transactions:

Date Filed Effective Date Type
10/03/2013 10/03/2013 Articles of Incorporation

Corporate Reports:
Years Paid
N/A

Years Due
None

I don't see anything which ties this corp back to AMC other than an address.

So now you are claiming a publicly traded company with dozens of locations is bribing a mid-size town mayor with shares to get an incentive? In addition to previously claiming 2 Fortune 500 companies (Cabelas and Potash) did the same? You are quite delusional .....

First you claimed it was an LLC with hidden managers. Now that I have shown it was a C corp you are changing your tune to say that they were given shares. Bullshit!

Here is the link for Diversified Restaurant Holdings locations ........ http://www.diversifiedrestaurantholdings.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=223780&p=irol-locations

For the record ..... Potash is already using the IHB facilities here in Hammond. They just have not started on the warehouse yet due to environmental and soil reasons. It appears they are hopeful to be finished by the planting season next year.

http://www.potashcorp.com/irc/potash/performance/alignment-with-our-goals-potash

Quote:
In North America, we continue to optimize our rail and distribution system to better serve customers’ needs in an efficient and timely manner. In recent years, we have enhanced our rail fleet through the addition of 2,000 custom-built, high-capacity cars, which help increase volumes per trainload. We have also begun using components of our regional distribution center in Hammond, Indiana to reduce the time and cost to serve key markets in the US Midwest. Construction there is expected to be finished in 2015.

http://www.nwitimes.com/business/local/potash-warehouse-could-be-online-in-late/article_c9301201-cd3c-5813-921c-a7db786d6b07.html

Quote:
The building of Potash Corp.'s new transfer facility in Hammond has been delayed, but the Canadian company remains firmly committed to the project, having spent $12 million at the site already, a top Potash Corp. executive said Friday.

In addition, another $20 million already has been spent on new tracks for the facility, where more than 1,000 Potash rail cars per month are transferring loads to other rail cars going to destinations as far away as Florida.

Quote:
The company ran into unexpected problems with the stability of soils in the area, but design adjustments will be made if needed, he said.

Incentives are the name of the game for economic development. No matter who profitable the company are, they know they have the leverage. Munster used $4.5 Million in TIF incentives to land Panera, Firehouse Subs and Chipotle. Highland has active TIF's as well.

Yes, I do live in Lombard but Hammond residents are not paying for the bond. Diversified Restaurants is via property taxes, on property that was contributing no property taxes at all.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:22 pm 

Hey Matt does Potash or a holding company own that land.... thought not.

So some one give a corp $10,000,000 and..... nothing....

As to Wings.... corporations similar to Wings franchise their locations... ok we put together $1,000,000 in financing and we have XMPT own the franchise.. ...

Potash ain't gonna build in hammond...

Last edited by justcallmetommy on Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:28 pm 

could begin in July and should continue through the end of 2014, Ostertag said.

The transfer facility will not be a big employer. It will have five full-time employees and perhaps a number of part-time employees during the busiest seasons, Ostertag said. But the facility is also employing Indiana Harbor Belt employees and is one of a number of projects expanding rail capacity and employment in the region.

And Cabela's was to be an anchor for a huge development @ I80 and Indy Blv... White Castles and Aldi?

Ok, Matt... come on back to Hammond, Tom needs you pal... really.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:19 pm 

justcallmetommy wrote:
Hey Matt does Potash or a holding company own that land.... thought not.

So some one give a corp $10,000,000 and..... nothing....

As to Wings.... corporations similar to Wings franchise their locations... ok we put together $1,000,000 in financing and we have XMPT own the franchise.. ...

Potash ain't gonna build in hammond...

You are stupid as a box of rocks and don't read much do you? It takes about 2 minutes to realize that Diversified Restaurant Holdings IS the franchisor ........

Buffalo Wild Wings is it's own company. Ticker BWLD.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:22 pm 

justcallmetommy wrote:
could begin in July and should continue through the end of 2014, Ostertag said.

The transfer facility will not be a big employer. It will have five full-time employees and perhaps a number of part-time employees during the busiest seasons, Ostertag said. But the facility is also employing Indiana Harbor Belt employees and is one of a number of projects expanding rail capacity and employment in the region.

And Cabela's was to be an anchor for a huge development @ I80 and Indy Blv... White Castles and Aldi?

Ok, Matt... come on back to Hammond, Tom needs you pal... really.

Hmmm ....maybe you remember my many posts about Cabela's losing it's destination location status. There will be some development there and it will draw other tenants, but it was never going to be the hotel, restaurant, water park thing.

Cabela's was and still is a good draw for Hammond and it was a perfect location for Cabela's corporate. What was the golf course doing for Hammond? It was bankrupt and totally exclusionary to Hammond residents. It would have been gone in a year anyways at that point. It was BROKE!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm 

You're right matt, I'm dumber than a box of rocks.

And I guess so is most of the corporations who used Arthur Anderson, Enron, Lehman Brothers, Aig and dozens of other corporations which have been involved in corruption, fraud.... so Wings is a straight up venture... corps just never do anything illegal. Right... ok.

Yep I am dumber than a box of rocks.

And as to inside deals... Cabela's and Tom Sr as a consultant reportedly wound up with $970,000, and some land holdings didn't he? Was Sr a licensed real estate broker? Naw, it was a consultant, unfortunately the irs slapped SR with a huge tax lien..... Wasn't it near $500,000 in liens? NO hanky pankie there right? Feds do that when someone stretches the legal front, they put a brick on you because you didn't claim your prize and pay taxes on it....

Sure there are no inside deals with large corporations... none what so ever.

ABN-Amro, WaMu, Aldephia Communication, and let's not forget World Com are just corporate abnormalities which were involved in corporate fraud... .

Yep Matt, I am dumber than a box of rocks... a corporation would never make an illegal deal to make money... never..

And Matt speaking of Dumb, you should look at your self in the mirror, to say a corporation traded on an exchange ain't goint to risk fraud...... Bernie Madoff comes to mind... Matt grow the fck up will you, you seem to appear to carry the McDErmott banner, what did Jr give you a call....? Move back to Hammond Pal, better yet, stay in Lombard with your logic that a corp wouldn't commit fraud.... your sitting right next to me on the yellow bus.

AMC Hammond Real Estate, Inc.... it's friggin meaningless, anyone with $99 and a computer can file a corporation in 10 minutes. Hell just look at the Vour......

And as to the owners of this venture....you can tell me exactly who owns 60,000 shares of that stock.

Get real pal, the deal stinks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:06 am 

justcallmetommy wrote:
You're right matt, I'm dumber than a box of rocks.

And I guess so is most of the corporations who used Arthur Anderson, Enron, Lehman Brothers, Aig and dozens of other corporations which have been involved in corruption, fraud.... so Wings is a straight up venture... corps just never do anything illegal. Right... ok.

Yep I am dumber than a box of rocks.

And as to inside deals... Cabela's and Tom Sr as a consultant reportedly wound up with $970,000, and some land holdings didn't he? Was Sr a licensed real estate broker? Naw, it was a consultant, unfortunately the irs slapped SR with a huge tax lien..... Wasn't it near $500,000 in liens? NO hanky pankie there right? Feds do that when someone stretches the legal front, they put a brick on you because you didn't claim your prize and pay taxes on it....

Sure there are no inside deals with large corporations... none what so ever.

ABN-Amro, WaMu, Aldephia Communication, and let's not forget World Com are just corporate abnormalities which were involved in corporate fraud... .

Yep Matt, I am dumber than a box of rocks... a corporation would never make an illegal deal to make money... never..

And Matt speaking of Dumb, you should look at your self in the mirror, to say a corporation traded on an exchange ain't goint to risk fraud...... Bernie Madoff comes to mind... Matt grow the fck up will you, you seem to appear to carry the McDErmott banner, what did Jr give you a call....? Move back to Hammond Pal, better yet, stay in Lombard with your logic that a corp wouldn't commit fraud.... your sitting right next to me on the yellow bus.

AMC Hammond Real Estate, Inc.... it's friggin meaningless, anyone with $99 and a computer can file a corporation in 10 minutes. Hell just look at the Vour......

And as to the owners of this venture....you can tell me exactly who owns 60,000 shares of that stock.

Get real pal, the deal stinks.

Wow ...I seem to have struck a nerve there! Someone get a little angry at the fact that your proven to be a fraud and liar?

Ok .. let's settle this then. Give one little piece of evidence that McDermott is getting a cut from Diversified Holdings? ONE? Just a snippet?

You got zip! Nada! Nothing!

You have quite a mind for conspiracy theories though.

Do you really think 2 Fortune 500 companies are going to risk everything over $10 Million and $25 million respectively? Bernie Madoff .... BILLIONS ..... Arthur Anderson ...Hundreds of Millions ....... Enron .... Trillions ...... AIG ...Trillions.

I truly believe that you think McDermott Jr is some criminal mastermind when all he is is a 2 bit NW Indiana Hack Polititician.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:42 am 

Well Matt, angry... no, just amazed at your stupidity despite your intelligence.

Simply McDermott's been caught by HUD twice. Several years ago HUD representatives had a review of Hammond's use of their money... specifically untraceable funds wash thru the use of pass thru accounts. They shared their displeasure.

Then Jr didn't stop the practice, so what HUD did was suspend Hammond, costing seniors a building.

And I have written about this in the past.

Regarding Potash... well let's just say Tom and his boys didn't benefit like they initially planned.

As to Tom.. no he isn't smart and your partially right, he is a two bit political hack.

It is just a matter of time. "You can only steal so much before its not tolerated," from the mouth of a US Atty.

And I am sure, no corporations have committed fraud under hundreds of millions, right Matt? Your Blind stupidity Matt.

As to no proof. There is plenty of low hanging fruit on the tree, not sure on why the feds haven't publicly pulled the trigger yet, but Mr. I'll hurt your kids will wind up in jail.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:51 am 

some comments found on a more read board: http://nwigazette.com/2014/04/25/hammond-to-hold-hearing-on-850000bond-for-buffalo-wild-wings/

Quote:
9 thoughts on “
Hammond to Hold Hearing on $850,000
Bond for Buffalo Wild Wings”

Anonymous April 25, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Ok, so Mayor Tom gave away $10,000,000 for the promise of 7 jobs, or is it 5 jobs for a multi national corporation, Potash, to build a plant. The plant was promised to be up and running by April of this year. The only thing up and coming are the weeds at the site.

Now Tom wants Hammond tax payers to give a company, a limited liability corporation nearly $1,000,000 to build at Oxbow Landing. The LLC can receive the money, and then walk away from the project.

Didn’t Phil Tallen give is smile of approval on this? Is he a partner with these guys? This smells like dirty socks!

Hey Tom, I want $1.5 million to build and baloney factory…. and I even call the new LLC, Tom McDermott’s baloney!
Reply ↓
Gary Jones via Facebook April 25, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Now ain’t that a creative way to get your business off the ground. Seriously?
Reply ↓
Dawn Hillquist via Facebook April 25, 2014 at 5:16 pm

I think its a bad move …. I personally think by adding this establishment, it’ll bring more monsters to the area and possibly increase Hammonds crime rate. j/s
Reply ↓
Mark A. Popagain via Facebook April 25, 2014 at 5:18 pm

And what happens when they go Bankrupt in the first year?
Reply ↓
Gary Free-Press via Facebook April 25, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Nearly a million for a chicken joint makes 10 million for Potash seem like a bargain!!
Reply ↓
Donna Dunn via Facebook April 25, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Why are the tax payers paying for a private business? Does this mean Hammond residents get to eat and drink for free?
Reply ↓
Manuel Candelaria Jr. via Facebook April 25, 2014 at 11:24 pm

Well I am glad at least we are getting a restaurant other then McDonalds and burger king I am tired of driving to schererville or merrillville to eat !
Reply ↓
Gstoya April 26, 2014 at 7:10 am

Is this a reliable construal of the Notice or of the way this bonding scheme is to operate? “According to the Notice, the bonds will be used for construction costs. The bond will be repaid from tax money and the developer will not be responsible for the repayment.”

The developer is just being given money to build? This has to be a distortion.
Reply ↓
Terri Davidson via Facebook April 26, 2014 at 11:38 am

Sounds like Gary policies coming to Hammond. We can almost guarantee it will bankrupt in the 1st year and the democrats pocket the bond money.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:03 am 

justcallmetommy wrote:

Ok ....so what kind of evidence is that? All that proves is you can make a comment on a website that claims to be journalism run by someone that doesn't even have basic google skills. All the information I have posted here took less than 10 minutes to find.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:07 pm 

Buffalo Wild Wings is a franchise operation.... and gaining that information took less than 30 seconds Matt.

Hell Matt, I was thinking of opening a business called "Matt's Porn Emporium" getting $1,000,000 in funding from the city and the franchising out the site and putting the profit in my pocket.

Even the boys @ the Vour didn't seek funding from the city....

And because Matt you lack the depth of thinking multi layered, the post was was provided to show the feeling/sentiments of others who live in the region....but you can't think on that level can you Matt.

First $10,000,000 for a plant that will never be built, and now nearly a Million Hammond residents are going to be on the hook for the privileged it is going to cost Hammond residents for a company to build on the site and pay for someone's franchise.

And Matt, you don't live in the region... do you.. Come on now move back to Hammond, Tom could use your intellectual depth. It got you thru that foreclosure didn't it?

Wasn't a new Kentucky Fried Chicken built on north Calumet Avenue and Hammond resident's didn't pay for that franchise. Why are we paying for this?

http://franchiseinfo.buffalowildwings.com/www/index.php?page=requirements

Quote:
Requirements

Financial | Development | Operations

As with any expanding franchise system, we have thousands of people interested in buying a franchise. To measure a candidate's qualifications, we have established the following requirements:

Required liquid assets: Minimum of $750,000 per restaurant. Required net worth per restaurant of $1.5 million.
The minimum Area Development requirement for new franchisee is two restaurants.
Therefore the minimum unencumbered liquid assets required are $1,500,000 and net worth of $3,000,000.
The Operator is an equity partner of at least 5%.
No more than 80% of the start-up costs be leveraged; 20% of any single store's start-up costs must be in liquid assets.

Freestanding pad-site locations, on hard corner
End caps
4,000 - 7,000 sq. ft., 120 parking places
Excellent signage and visibility
Excellent site ingress and egress with traffic signal
Seven-day-per-week liquor sales

Trade Area

Minimum 40,000 population, 80% or greater between the ages of 20 and 50 within the trade area, $30,000 or greater median household income within the trade area
Minimum daytime/lunch population of 10,000

Traffic Generators

Lifestyle or power centers with "big box" anchors: Old Navy, Petsmart, Kohl's, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.
National casual dining brands in a contiguous restaurant corridor
Super Wal-Mart, Super Target
Regional, super-regional malls
Colleges, universities
Healthcare corridors
Movie Theaters (Stadium Seating - First Runs)

Traffic

Minimum daily traffic count in front of site - 25,000
Minimum daily traffic count on adjacent side street - 10,000
P.M. traffic side, far side of light

We do not guarantee leases for franchisees, nor do we negotiate your lease.

Each franchise group must have a person with multi-unit restaurant management experience with alcohol. If you do not personally have this background and experience, you will be required to have what we call an "Operating Partner." Your Operating Partner will be responsible for operations of your franchised restaurant network. It is your responsibility to secure an Operating Partner if you do not have the substantive experience required.

Each franchise restaurant location must at all times have a full-time, qualified, experienced General Manager (GM). The GM must have direct experience in unit-level management in the casual dining environment that included alcohol.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:15 pm 

http://www.entrepreneur.com/franchises/buffalowildwings/282167-0.html

Quote:
Franchises /Food /Chicken
Next
62/500
Back
Buffalo Wild Wings
2014 Franchise 500
At a Glance

Products & Services: Buffalo wings, sandwiches

Number of Locations: 993

Total Investment: $1.7M - $3.6M

Founded: 1982

Began Franchising: 1991
Tweet
About Buffalo Wild Wings
After moving from Buffalo, New York, to Kent, Ohio, friends James Disbrow and Scott Lowery couldn't find a restaurant that served the Buffalo-style chicken wings they still craved, so they decided to open their own. Their first sports bar, originally named Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck (or BW-3), opened in Columbus, Ohio, in 1982. The company began franchising in 1991. In addition to wings and 14 signature sauces, Buffalo Wild Wings restaurants offer a full menu including salads, sandwiches, burgers and ribs.
Franchise Units
Year U.S. Canadian International Company Owned
2013 558 0 1 434
2012 504 0 0 325
2011 495 0 0 278
2010 473 0 0 259
Where Seeking Franchisees: Franchisor is seeking new franchise units in the U.S.,Middle East, Mexico, Philippines.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Total Investment: $1,708,700 - $3,579,700
Franchise Fee: $40,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 20 years, renewable
Financial Requirements
Net Worth: $1,500,000
Liquid Cash Available: $750,000
Operations
50% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 40 - 60. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (80% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Training: At certified training restaurant : 7 weeks.
Ongoing Support: Newsletter, Meetings, Toll-free phone line, Grand opening, Internet, Security/safety procedures, Field operations/evaluations, Purchasing cooperatives
Marketing Support: Co-op advertising, Ad slicks, National media, Regional advertising,
Other marketing support: Advertising Advisory Committee
Franchise Ranking History
Franchise 500®: #62 (2014), #64 (2013), #62 (2012), #63 (2011), #86 (2010),
Fastest-Growing: #44 (2012), #37 (2011), #64 (2010),