Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: A McDermott getting a portion of a restauraunt?
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:00 pm 

A visitor to the campfire brought more Thomas McDermott Jr cheer.

Here I am, minding my own business having a cup of chai tea, the kind imported from southeast asia, as some city council persons like to call it CHIA tea. Warming my hands over the embers of the campfire and my peace and serenity is compromised, from the edge of the campfire's glow, out comes a unsuspecting familiar face.

Well, the campfire guest was as clear as a bell, one of the McDermott clan would have a percentage of a new restaurant coming to the area.

I ask is it the Oxbo wing deal.... the visitor, just smiles.

Would that restaurant be funded by an $820,000 bond the city of hammond taxpayers would pay for? Would a McDermott be a franchizeee, a minority owner?

The visitor didn't answer, they kept sipping on the Chai Tea and continued to smile. Now I'm not sure what that meant.

Now I would hope, the McDermott boys wouldn't be so bold as making Hammond residents pay for their endeavors, but then take a look at how McDermott's mis spent some of Hammond money.

Cruse floats; $250,000 of missing parking fees from the Festival of the Lakes; $400,000 reportedly given to the brother of one of Tom's legal eagles reported build two homes in Hammond; ...and then back a few years ago, a couple of Tom's closest legal friends got money to do some legal work, with out a contract...it got special mention in a SBA; and then lets not forget the $300,000 open ended, no frills grant a local non for profit got from Hammond and who wound up with a job at the very same non for profit? Yep a McDermott. Hell that got Special mention in a SBA.

So as to the story of a McDermott getting a % interest in a restaurateur to be build in the region?

No wonder Matt showed up all of a sudden, defending a bond to fund construction of a restaurant, I'm starting to think Matt's is Tom McDermott himself!

Just like Tom's motto, he'll never stop fighting for Hammond, as long as he gets to screw the taxpayers!

$1.3 million in tax liens.

I wonder if he paid any of this off...?

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

Post subject: Re: A McDermott getting a portion of a restauraunt?
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:38 am 

I owe another apology to McDermott Sr. and my sincere, deepest apology to him.

I had thought the above $1,300,000 lien was associated with the Cabela's fiasco... possibly, possibly not.

Individuals who are self employed, not only pay income tax on their earnings, but they also can pay social security tax.

The DEPARTMENT OF TREASURY, INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE, NOTICE OF FEDERAL TAX LIEN on FORM 668, notes area where this $1,300,000 of back taxes are associated with, and I quote:

"AREA: SMALL BUSINESS/SELF EMPLOYED AREA #4"

I don't think the LIEN would have been associated with the SR formed corporation which failed at handling the city of Hammond's Health Administration. If I remember correctly Jr gave Sr's firm the administration of City Employee Health Care which cost Hammond Residents $1.6 million. It's gavetta as the Italians say, or is it the Italian mafia that says that? I forget. But in either case it was the responsibility of each and every Hammond resident to rightfully contribute to the McDermott family wealth plan. Hell nothing wrong with hard working Hammond taxpayers paying the McDermott's.

or

Was it Sr's part of non payment of a small business operation? Wasn't McDermott Sr involved in Dixie Dairy?

Wasn't there some litigation over this?

or

Was it an area of self employment associated with the Cabela's land deal? Did Jr help Sr benefit from putting that land deal together and the lien associated with the related possibly unpaid taxes?

Well, hell who cares.

I think it is every hard working Hammond and Lake County citizen's responsibility to pony up $10. each to retire Sr's debt. NO, actually I think Tom should just have someone issue a check from Gaming money to pay off Sr's debt. Yes Really.

It is terribly unfair for Sr to suffer with such debt load....

Better yet, Hmmmm, I think Sr should become a partner in that wings restaurant. And I think the $820,000 bond is just not enough. I think Tom could arrange to have another $500,000 tacked on so the partners could just write a check to Sr and senior can then put a couple of bucks on this IRS Tax Lien and Pay off some of the back taxes on his Crown Point property.

We owe the McDermott's the ability to make a living. We owe their close friends and family to make a living, it is every Hammond's resident's responsibility to pay for it.

Pony up kids, its time to take a ride!

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:44 pm 

LOL ...You are getting as delusional as your crispy friend was at the end.

You really need to get your blood sugar checked if it is affecting your thinking like this. You know impotence and incontinence comes next. Nothing sadder than a man in depends.

So now McDermott has forced his way into a publicly traded trading company with $108 Million in revenue? So he has now taken over the US Attorney's office?

You make him out to be a criminal mastermind. The combination of Dr Evil, Blofield, and Kyzer Soze put together.

McDermott Jr is a 2 bit hack lawyer that couldn't cut it in law ....and you have him made out to be a criminal mastermind.

And then to suggest that McDermott is impersonating me? LOL I've got a lot more going for me!

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:19 pm 

Ok Tom, a seasoned visitor to my hohman avenue campfire made the comment to me.

They've been around the block, a bit, if I gave too much info away, you would be able to identify them.

They said clearly they don't know why Tom hasn't been charged.

My own conversations with federal law enforcement, someone who will remain nameless said to me, about 60 days ago, you can tolerate only so much stealing.

And Matt, nice to see you reappear all of a sudden, as to a franchise, vetting is all about having the cash to do the project. Should a McDermott be a member of a syndicate, an llc involved... it is more than possible.

It ain't got nothing to do with a $100,000,000 corporation, it is about a balance sheet which requires the cash to be counted and a viable, experienced management plan.

Tom has got to find some way for that $1.3 million dollar tax lien to be payed off.

Nice to hear back from you Tom.