Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Are the stars aligning for McDermott's demise?
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:40 pm 

I believe with in the next month or so, Mayor McDermott create a medical malady and resign just like Thomas McDermott Sr had from office.

Much too confidential, Miller, Lendi, with in 30 days of each other, then McDermott resigning as Chairman, 60 days later, and as Neometric has written, the second shoe to fall.

Resigning from office would be much too easy. Philpot lost his law and medical licenses, shouldn't McDermott follow suit?

Oh, I forgot, McDermott Jr couldn't cut it as a lawyer, so the punishment would be having him make a living as an attorney.

Should Mayor McDermott been sanctioned as an attorney for some of his most recent comments resulting in a $200,000 settlement against Hammond?

Post subject: Re: Are the stars aligning for McDermott's demise?
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:20 pm 

I wonder who the stunningly attractive young lady is in the picture?

This comes from The Street blog... Street appropriately predicted the FBI Investigation into Calumet Township....
http://www.fromthestreets.net/2014/05/fbi-sniffing-in-hammond.html

I wonder if this relates to a trio of resignations? :x

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:21 pm 

Ouch! NO... someone to the campfire identified the young lady.... tell me it ain't true a fallen angel?

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:45 pm 

One of the visitors to my abode under the hohman avenue bridge brought to my attention, the peasants vs the privileged.

Ok, I sat back an listened to this well versed attorney cover some fundamentals of the peasant. Brought up is the case of
Debra Lyn Scott Crim Div FD - G01 (45G01-1310-FD-00200)
State of Indiana v. DEBRA LYNN (ANDERSON) SCOTT

Now for those of you who don't follow these things, Scott a city employee, a Hammond City Employee was caught with here fingers in the cookie jar.... Allegedly.

State Board of Accounts did a special audit on a Hammond City Department because the number just didn't match. Really I said, Yes really said the attorney.

Now Scott appears to be fighting the case, and that is her constitutional right said the legal visitor, a senior statesmen in the Lake County Arena.... her constitutional right. But at least she was brought up on charges they said.

Of course, each of us sipping from cups picked out of wire twister's dumpster, I said... then dumbly looked at the jurist saying... what da ya mean?

Well, lets take the case of $38,000,000 of city funds, said the jurist, which were sooooooo poorly accounted, the SBA a few years ago said, they couldn't find the money or trace it.... or was it $11,000,000 of a few years prior to that... the jurist added there's been so many problems with the Hammond Audits, they had difficulty keeping the numbers straight.

Yet the SBA reports a few scheckles, specks of dust in the big scheme of things.... hell said the jurist, McDermott very well may have used public funds to pay for his continuing education.... lllllllllllllllll------- (couldn't print what they said).

And they go after Scott.

The jurist pointed to a recent case involving allegations ( the jurist didn't say allegations, but with pointed enthusiasm giving, what I will label opinion) one of McDermott's top people, with cops involved and their being (again using less pointed verbage here) told to make the investigation go away, using a term Tom's people developed, "Move on, nothing here, move on now."

Why isn't someone being prosecuted for putting a stop to a criminal investigation?

Why isn't someone looking into how illegally gotten prescription drugs were obtain, written for illegal prescriptions, paid for thru fraud from the city's health care plan, and paid for by someone who very well may have had an interest in protecting a spouse?

Really?

The jurist, the Blue Pow java beans roasted coffee held in their hands made their own coffee boil from the anger.... someone needs to go to jail the jurist said, more than just one, several need visits @ club fed.

Well, after their out burst, they gathered their composure..... they asked, ya wanna make book Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr finds a reason to resign....

I responded, nope, that's a sucker bet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:09 pm 

One of the things a politician does before they leave office is to clean house said a visitor to the under the homan avenue bridge campfire.

What da ya mean? i said.

Well the first thing is to assure there is a smooth transition, getting rid of evidence. Like shredding documents?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:40 pm 

An attorney who is a frequent visitor to under the Hohman Avenue bridge campfire and Tom's Office in city hall joked the other day, they said Tom in his efforts to shred documents in city hall violated the open bidding process required for such services.