Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The vanishng Hammond Republican party
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:07 am 

I have heard the leading Hammond republicans from the past are now considering leaving whats left of their party to become Dems. Mr Daggett decided to run as a Democrat this primary. He had no resources and was trounced. Although a Hammond councilman did donate to his cause. Now rumors are circulating the last republican councilwoman who supported the sheriff in the primary might be jumping ship t0o. The real shocker was the school board member who held down the Republican banner for mayor the last 2 elections is also considering switching parties. Team Landlord is no longer heard from. Hammond's version of the Tea Party seems to have gone down the toilet with the national version.
Maybe I should get a group of hobos meet under the Cline Ave bridge and ask them....

Post subject: Re: The vanishng Hammond Republican party
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:53 am 

You mean Dems will get to bask in her beauty instead of GOP? Thank u, god

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:37 am 

No pesky Republicans with which to deal. Now, when will Hammond's unofficial city motto stop being, "Hey, at least we're not as bad as Gary."?

Someone must've thrown the HFD a serious bone to get you to resurrected!

As an aside, your "Citizens Supporting Scott Rakos for Something! Anything! Please!" page is a real gem. Christine Cid must have you by the short curly ones to have inspired that tap dance about "I thought she wasn't running for that and I couldn't run for this so I ran for that but since she ran for that I honestly, really, truly wasn't running for that after all, but I will run for something someday after somebody, anybody tells me what I am good at so I can run for something that someone higher up the LC Democratic food chain hasn't staked out for themselves."

Can't you just remind everyone that you are a firefighter and since September 11, 2001 the world owes you big time?

You'll fit right in with all of the other inspirational elected officials in north Lake County.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:42 am 

With the Hammond Democratic Party putting out somewhere in the last election approximately 12%, the HDO isn't very far behind the Lake County Republican Party.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:39 pm 

The Hammond Republican Party was dead and buried 5 years ago ......

Dedelow fought for the job of Chairman promising to be the great fundraising savior. During his tenure as Chairman the party never had more than a few hundred dollars in it's accounts. I don't think it's been any worse.

Kim jumped ship when she needed a political job and was willing to sell her soul. Yeah I bet she would support the current Sheriff when she got a job in the Sheriff's department. Not a big surprise in Lake County Politics there.

Lake County Republicans are no different than Lake County Democrats in their willingness to prostitute themselves for some sort of political capital, they have always just been the minority. Whether it has been the games of Bobby Cantrell to McDermott Sr or a much lesser extent Kim Poland.

That's the cesspool of Lake County Politics at their finest.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:26 pm 

Lying about not Living in LakeCo wrote:
Can't you just remind everyone that you are a firefighter and since September 11, 2001 the world owes you big time?

I'm sure you want everyone to forget about 9-11 since it occurred under the watch of a rethuglicon president...Have a great article for you to read:

The 10 Dumbest States in America

9 out of the 10 belong to rethuglicon controlled states...with Indiana clocking in at #8

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12712489/1/the-10-dumbest-states-in-america.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:50 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
The 10 Dumbest States in America
Quote:
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- When writing an article ranking the "smartest" and "dumbest" states in the Union it is important to explain your methodology. This list is based on the level of education a certain percentage of the residents of each state achieves.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12712489/1/the-10-dumbest-states-in-america.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

...and 9 out of the 10 are run by republican majorities... How shocking /sarcasm/. Indiana is the 8th dumbest...actually higher than I would have thought!

Who are you trying to fool?

Undereducated does NOT make people murdering violent sociopaths.

That all takes places in your liberal Democrat progressive strongholds.

Right?

Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore. GARY!!!

You must think that everyone is as ignorant of the facts as You ARE.

And here you try and complain about "drive-by" media, and biased news sources.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:45 am 

I have got to laugh @ the vanishng (vanishing) of the Hammond Republic Party, with roughly 12 percent of the Democratic Party voting in Hammond, McDermott's party is for the most part DOA.

The Ex-Chairman has done little to increase the party's voting base.

And as we all know, despite Thomas McDermott's chest thumping, any effort to run for state wide and US office will be met with defeat. McDermott will never last until Pete retires and the nomination will be controlled out side his comfort zone.

Tom's problem, well as I understand, he is the most targeted man in Lake County Indiana. More bits information flow into the US Prosecutor's Office on McDermott than any other person in Lake County history.

Now this is a reassuring fact!

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:43 am 

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/hammond/former-gop-official-accused-of-voting-as-dem/article_8c8d7d02-c4a1-56bc-ae13-0ad3ac74627e.html?fb_action_ids=10201989063834855&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_ref=.U5GZUcjLcgs.like

Quote:
Former GOP official accused of voting as Dem

By Bill Dolan bill.dolan@nwi.com, (219) 662-5328
11 hours ago • Bill Dolan bill.dolan@nwi.com, (219) 662-5328

HAMMOND | Lake County Republicans say they are upset their one-time standard-bearer, George T. Janiec, voted as a Democrat in last month's primary.

GOP Chairman Dan Dernulc said Thursday his review of voting records indicates Janiec "pulled a D" in the May 6 primary. County elections officials also privately confirmed that. A voter's party preference is a public record in primary elections under Indiana's closed primary system and is frequently used to invalidate candidates whose affiliation is in doubt.

Eric Krieg, a Munster Republican, said he will challenge Janiec's credentials to attend Saturday's GOP state convention. Dernulc said he also as believes Janiec should be barred from the party event.

Krieg said he has heard rumors within party circles Janiec voted Democratic to qualify to run as a Democratic candidate for mayor next year.

Janiec, who twice ran as a Republican for mayor and served as GOP county vice chairman until last year, stated Thursday, "Krieg's challenge and comments are frivolous and specious."

Janiec wouldn't comment Thursday on how he voted last month, but said he considers himself a Republican in good standing and a valid delegate to Saturday's convention.

He said he plans to attend it and will fight any challenge to his party affiliation, which he said should rest on his election last month by Republican voters to be a delegate, his lifelong voting record and his party activities.

Janiec said he will be running for re-election to the School City of Hammond board, a nonpartisan post, not mayor.

Janiec ran for Hammond mayor in 2007 as a Republican and lost by fewer than 500 votes to incumbent Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr.

Janiec has been allied with a faction of the party that opposed Dernulc's election as party boss last year.

Krieg is acting to stop Democrats from infiltrating the local Republican Party and weakening it from within. Krieg said his 2012 campaign for county surveyor was undermined by an attack on his party loyalty by Janiec and his supporters.

I for one feel all kinds of validation.

Amy, why don't you stick to things that you do well like having kids rather than things you are neither capable nor motivated to even do poorly such as think and act like a mature adult - George T Janiec (I know,I'm childish)

What about the kids, George?