Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Who is 5393?
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:38 pm 

You have friends, and then you have friends!

Sorta like hey this is a friend of mine, vs this is a friend of ours.

See Tom works at providing real friends benefits, benefits that cost us all.

So did someone pull a favor for Mr & Mrs 5393?

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

Post subject: Re: Who is 5393?
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:50 pm 

Now Mr. and Mrs 5393 have friends willing to spend your money some say in a pay to play program... the question is why hasn't the play happened yet?

Is someone watching?

Is someone inquiring?

Well a visitor to the under the hohman avenue bridge campfire says, when they
called Mr. Fed, it seemed like they had special interest in county assessments thru the assessor and recorder's offices.

They wanted to know how numbers changed or were not recorded as they should have been!

How it seems people with influence, McDermott signs in the back of their car on city property, don't pay their fair share

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

Last edited by justcallmetommy on Tue May 27, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:53 pm 

You all remember Freetime asking how Mr. Water, Eddie K got a property running along 165th street assessment reduced.

The property was initially valued someone north of $900,000 and someone worked their magic... poof assessments reduced to a mere pittance.

Legal, absolutely, but the question is, would an average joe be able to pull off the same move?

Don't think so.

So as this story develops, ya got to ask yourself.... Who is Mr. & Mrs. 5393?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:05 pm 

Did Mr. & Mrs 5393 pick up a property, with a scam... excuse me, a game plan to obtain a piece of Hammond property at a sharp discount and then turn it into ..... ?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:06 am 

Tom's administration has been all about turning multi units into single family residences...

Did Mr & Mrs 5393 get an exemption?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:14 am 

A visitor to the under the hohman avenue bridge campfire said, Tom was going to turn this site into an drop in educational center....didn't make sense they said.

The visitor said, it is all about favors, making sure friends make money.

Hey... what do I know... nothing.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:00 am 

A visitor to the under the Hohman avenue bridge campfire brought an example to the plate regarding privileged.

They commented on a large re elect the Chairman sign, during the last election cycle, appeared to get one property owner an exemption, a pass, a get out of jail card, on how their home appeared.

It took years for Code Enforcement to find this property.

And yes, after years, who ever owned this house, did strip off the deteriorating siding and paint.

Is there some exemption for supporters of McDermott getting special privileged from code enforcement, the city attorney?

Last edited by justcallmetommy on Fri May 30, 2014 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:05 am 

And this abode wasn't found for years as well... didn't get like this overnight did it?

So you have got to ask, is there a two tier standard for Hammond Residents?

Supporters and non supporters.

How did 5393 get to "remodel" a 3 unit or build a three unit as a campfire visitor recently reported?

If you ever watch video of Hammond's Public Works Department, you can see the stringent application selective enforcement.

Sorta like the fireworks vendor across from Kiplans fire works store on Calumet Avenue. Did someone trump up charges?

Last edited by justcallmetommy on Fri May 30, 2014 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:07 am 

and this jem was allowed to stand like this for years before it was finally torn down.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:13 am 

As you followers know, I've turned a new leaf.

I believe, sincerely believe, Hammond tax payers owe Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr and his supporters the right to not only make a living, but become wealthy and obtain, gain privileged over us common folks, they are royalty... not just any Blue Blood Royalty, but Lake County Democratic Blue Blood Royalty, by their association with the Ex-Chairman, owed the right to such privileged by their support of the Ex-Chairman.

So when an under the hohman avenue bridge campfire visitor brought this to the campfire table, I shared with them.... look don't be jealous, you and I must carry a magnetic pass, sometimes it works and most of the time it doesn't work to get you into the right doors. If your in the inner circle, doors open, paperwork get's lost......friends make $300,000 plus in 30 days! Other friends get contracts, $400,000 paid up front to build homes, or become a perennial consultant with no real knowledge of the subject matter.

It is sorta like Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr's radio show.... if you don't have the right birth right, the right political alliance/allegiance you don't get on air. Only those who praise the Ex-Lake County Democratic Chairman get on air. On occasion some elses password is used to blow smoke up someone's skirt, but for the most part, only Political Blue Bloods supporting the right political boss are entitled to privileged. Us commoners must pay for their privileged.

That is the way it is, accept it.

So the visitor provided a couple of pictures..

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:26 am 

I looked at the pictures and at first thought ... what a dump, but then remembered, every person's home is their castle, we all
don't come from privileged. We're not all Blue Bloods, we all pay property taxes.

It is someone's home...

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:30 am 

The visitor to the campfire, I could sense was holding back... bating me..

Look, I said, hell this is, for Hammond, a nice looking single family home...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:17 am 

Well, the visitor the under the hohman ave bridge campfire said, As of a couple of months ago, the Assessor's web site showed no improvements on the property. Actually bringing with them a copy of the Assessor's web site. Improvements they said would change the assessed value.

Really, I said? You mean like adding a second floor and a face lift on an adjacent property?

Quote:
Improvements
Improvement Type Code Use Code Description Building # ID # Constructed Yr. Grade Total Area Replacement Cost Assessed Value
UTLSTOR C01 C 1954 C 1,500 $112,090 $22,400
DETGAR R01 01 1987 D+1 720 $15,750 $9,600
DWELL R01 D 1923 D 3,312 $124,240 $37,000

Come on now, I said, Tom's people in the building department wouldn't with hold permit and improvements from the county now would they?

The visitor said, well, their source was someone right inside the building department...

No, I said... you mean to tell me there isn't a fair and equitable application of the rules, you mean to me, someone inside Tom's inner circle gets to build a second floor on what appears to be a single family unit, turning it into a two to three flat and others going before the public works board have to fight tooth and nail?

They continued, Tom special rules for his friends....

Tom McDermott Jr would never do something like that for a friend... never would use his influence to have someone not have their property correctly assessed by the County Asssessor... he is an attorney sworn to uphold the law.

Then the visitor to the under the hohman avenue campfire said, well just look at what very well may have caused the resignation of Hammond' Police Chief, the City Controller. Did McDermott stop a criminal investigation involving some one close to Tom's spouse getting illegal prescriptions thru the city's health care plan, and then someone with some influence, McDermott namely, tell three Hammond Police Officers to stand down on a criminal investigation regarding illegal prescriptions?

I just couldn't reply.

Last edited by justcallmetommy on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:21 am 

My bet is Tom's people surely did forward the improvements to the County Assessor, and someone @ the county loss the paper work.

Tom's people would never intentionally mislead County Departments to mislead and harass citizens... never, just like they would never not forward documents to the county to help one of Tom's special fiends. :smt003

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:24 am 

Damn, that is a nice looking building, and I am certainly tickled pink, Tom and his friends are rehabbing Hammond, but both of those buildings appear to be quite a value for the stated property taxes.

I said to the campfire visitor, Tom would never, ever do anything which might appear to be illegal.