Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Who is 5393?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:27 am 

I am glad someone is improving Hammond.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:13 am 

justcallmetommy wrote:

Speaking of improvements, JCMT, there are 2 very interesting legal notices in the Times today. One is the city ordered demolition of that house where those 3 children died in the fire back a few months ago.
The next one is quite interesting. The woman who is suing the city and code enforcement for alleged harassment, etc, now has her property on the demo list. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:09 am 

Tiger1 wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:

Speaking of improvements, JCMT, there are 2 very interesting legal notices in the Times today. One is the city ordered demolition of that house where those 3 children died in the fire back a few months ago.
The next one is quite interesting. The woman who is suing the city and code enforcement for alleged harassment, etc, now has her property on the demo list. :shock:

There is a very easy way for Ms. Moreno to stop her building from being torn down. She needs to repair it. Her neighbors have to pick up shingles blown off her roof every week, the gutters have fallen off the west side of the building and the soffit is open to vermin. Blighted buildings lower the property values of everyone else on Gostlin. I'm sure the neighbors will be pleased that this eyesore is being dealt with.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:33 pm 

sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:

There is a very easy way for Ms. Moreno to stop her building from being torn down. She needs to repair it. Her neighbors have to pick up shingles blown off her roof every week, the gutters have fallen off the west side of the building and the soffit is open to vermin. Blighted buildings lower the property values of everyone else on Gostlin. I'm sure the neighbors will be pleased that this eyesore is being dealt with.

Let's see what the court says.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:51 am 

justcallmetommy wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

Let's see what the court says.

The court will continue to dismiss her lawsuits. It is a shame that a few irresponsible property owners are allowed to lower the property values of neighbors who take pride in their properties. Gostlin in between Calumet and Hohman has numerous small businesses, two churches and tidy, well maintained homes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:48 pm 

[/quote]
The court will continue to dismiss her lawsuits. It is a shame that a few irresponsible property owners are allowed to lower the property values of neighbors who take pride in their properties. Gostlin in between Calumet and Hohman has numerous small businesses, two churches and tidy, well maintained homes.[/quote]

Apparently wire twister failed to address what appears to be a tread of corruption emanating out of a city inspector bringing a roofing contractor with them to look at a building, and later per a home owner getting an offer to do work on her house with a [i][u]guarantee[u][i] to offer code enforcement wouldn't bother her again if he did the roof.

And to included in the offer was a roofing bid of 4 times cheaper than any other licensed contractor.

And as of a few days ago, the litigation against McDermott, the code enforcement officer and several others in the McDermott administration is still active.

But wire twister just seems not to have addressed how 5393 seems to have remodeled what appeared to be a single family home into a multi unit, and then to hurt to insult, still dirt cheap taxes on two building where the improvements seemed not to have been reported to the county.

See Tom's people do things like this for their friends and family.

Putting up a McDermott sign is the only requirement.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.