Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: So Tom now needs a lawyer answering calls to his radio show!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:18 am 

An outstanding accomplishment, today's WJED show, JOD was not even in the room. I wonder if JOD realizes he shouldn't be tied into a criminal enterprise, by not being in the shame (intentional) room with JR?

Now the Honorable Thomas McDermott JR has an attorney answering the phone lines to his friday am show. Hmmm. Jr can't answer the phone himself? He needs legal council?

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

Post subject: Re: So Tom now needs a lawyer answering calls to his radio show!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:53 pm 

McDermott and Smith congratulated themselves on the new format that is fully paid for with campaign funds. Formerly, the show had a part that was taxpayer paid. They said the new format makes the show easier to run and seemless, as they can take political calls at any time. Did they consider that by having the whole show paid for by the McDermott campaign, that the whole show is now political, like a paid campaign ad, and that the lengthy list of department heads and other employee suck-ups that phone in and "participate" may be on the clock and engaging in politics? I hear both of these guys are attorneys. Perhaps they should seek more competent advice on the matter?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:00 am 

Lubu, very good point.

Fact, most of the phone calls during the 09-19 show were city employes, some of the voices I recognize, a couple of guys voices were from the sanitation department, another from city hall and a third from code. Sweet.

The word out there, was passed out to the rank and file to call and take up air time with sweet nothings.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:40 pm 

I opened my water bill and got the usual promotional flyer that has the McMug plastered on it. Is it me or does Tom look plastered in the updated shot? Anyway, an item at the top promotes the McDermott campaign radio show. Why are taxpayers and ratepayers promoting the political show? The water bill should go back to the postcard that it was. It's not very "green" to waste two envelopes, an 8.5x11, and the related mailing costs.