Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Hammond makes news, being sued again!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:09 pm 

justcallmetommy wrote:
celtic1950 wrote:
In this case, someone was tasered and not shot to death! I think that in this case, where the passenger reached into a back pack, in the back seat, that the officer was justified in his actions. Given that we have had two officers killed in the line of duty in the past couple of months, I think the officers actions were appropriate. I am angry that these "supposed victims" are filing a lawsuit that we, the people of Hammond, will pay for. I don't want my hard earned money going to these criminals. I also don't want to see any more officers in northwest Indiana shot and dead!

No argument with the cops protecting themselves when the passenger turned to the back seat reaching into the back pack, cops drawing their guns to assure their safety.

As to the balance of this story, had the police officers had more patience in dealing with the situation, Hammond's Police Department, along with residents would not be in the national limelight, and facing $500,000 in legal fees (I'm gonna guess Tom's campaign manager is happy he has more legal business) and settlement cost.

Their actions were and are a bad move, and Celtic, your going to have to pay for it.

I agree with Celtic this is the fault of the driver and her passenger. I believe that the police used more patience than I would have. This was not an incident that lasted a few minutes that were shown on the video. It is my understanding that it went in for closer to 15 minutes and twice the driver tried to drive away and that is why stop sticks were placed in from of her car. The driver is supposedly on probation and the passenger has a warrant. How long were the police required to wait 30 minutes an hour? All the time taking time away from other neighborhoods. Yes I feel sorry that the kids saw that but in my opinion they involved the kids when they asked them to video and taught them by example to be disrespectful to the cops. Two cops were just killed recently doing their jobs. We all felt bad but instead of standing outside to show respect at a funeral maybe we should allow them to do their job.

In case you are wondering I still don't like McDermott but it is not right to go after him because a couple of street thugs want to make a quick buck with a lawsuit. I hope they get nothing. Let it go to s jury.