Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hammond School Board Meeting 3-2-2015
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 pm 

Here are the highlights of the quick meeting:

All board members were present.

Unfinished Business:

Board Policy(NEOLA) was read and passed this evening.

Reports:

Items on the printed agenda, the Enrollment Report, and the Black History Month activities, were not discussed this evening.

The SCH mailed out a publication to Hammond residents with information about the school system.
The SCH appealed the IHSSA ruling against the Hammond High basketball team, and received a favorable ruling from Judge Pera. HHS and the Griffith basketball teams will now be allowed to play in the sectionals.

Calender:

A change has been made in the meeting dates, from the 2nd and 4th Mondays to the 1st and 3rd Mondays. An additional change was made this evening for the formerly scheduled March 16th meeting. It has been changed to Tuesday March 17th, 6pm at Jefferson Elementary.

Public Expression 2nd Session:

Mr. Chico Hinojosa was appreciative of the school board making the meeting date changes, which opens up more opportunities for people to attend both the city and the school meetings without conflict.

Mr. O'Connor talked about sportsmanship, and how he learned as a student athlete, that you are there not just to compete, but to represent your school.

My Take:

I am definitely interested as to the enrollment figures for this school year. I hope they are discussed at the next meeting.

Watching the tape of the brawl at the HHS/Griffith game in February, there is still no doubt who started it. HHS needs to take the lumps, and move on.