Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Baldpricks 2015
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:14 am 

On the cover of The New York Times---or maybe it was CR Publications, I'm not sure--- was a four picture photo spread of some local attention hounds getting their heads "shaved" to raise money for a good cause. In the caption of one picture, we are told that mayor McDermott raised $1,000 for the fight against childhood cancers, and that he matched that donation with "his own money" so the total was $2,000. That would be so commendable if true, but I'll risk being called a skeptic, and ask Tom to "show us the money"! See, on his radio show, it was said that McDermott's campaign matched the donations. Tom might act as if he doesn't know the difference, but "his" campaign money is not "his". So, Tom gets others to donate to his haircut...and Tom gets others to donate to his campaign, which he then funnels to his haircut. I'm sure he wrote a check for at least $1 from his own pocket. Right?

Post subject: Re: Baldpricks 2015
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:48 am 

If revenue-hungry politicians focused on sound financial management the guy in the street would have more money to do more good in a quiet, dignified manner. There would be less need for circuses like this to "raise awareness" and provide avenues for elected publicity whores to get their names and faces in the local shopper's rag.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:58 am 

How is it that an ad promoting a political campaign radio show is in with my Hammond water bill? Is someone using public funds to promote his political career? What about all the other ads? Is ad space sold and is there a policy and rate schedule for the flyer that comes with my water bill? Can anyone promote their political career there, or do you have to know someone?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:22 pm 

LU,

that is interesting, I wish I had a house to have a water bill.

Just maybe, Tom very well may have sturred the pot a bit by asking Mr. Penn to resign.

Maybe, Mr. Penn just might request, given sufficient documentation, to initiate a state police investigation with regard to Mr. Tom's shenanigans.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.