All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Festival of the Lakes 2015
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:00 pm 

http://youtu.be/e2QKlmMT8II

Post subject: Re: Festival of the Lakes 2015
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:59 pm 

bert68 wrote:
http://youtu.be/e2QKlmMT8II

Total friggin trash. Uses the "n" word quite frequently in the vid. So, this is the best that can be done for "entertainment"???

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:04 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpCr4JTDiOs

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:17 pm 

Is McDermott looking for "street cred"? Having some kinda mid-life crisis? McDermott said he did an internet search to get a better idea of this character's character, and to get some kind of idea on a resume. Either his search was fruitless or he just has plain bad judgment. What's the over/under on how much the fest will lose this year?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:38 pm 

I would guess the snakefest will be $75,000 in the hole. IMO, with this kind of gutter performer, expect to see an increase in incidents at the snakefest.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:43 pm 

lubu wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpCr4JTDiOs

THIS is entertainment ! I would really like to see an old Motown artist or group do the snakefest. I might even go if a group of that caliber would be there.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:49 am 

Tiger1 wrote:
I would guess the snakefest will be $75,000 in the hole. IMO, with this kind of gutter performer, expect to see an increase in incidents at the snakefest.

2 Chainz has received four Grammy nominations in the last two years.
2013: Best Rap Song: "Mercy" (with Kanye West, Big Sean, and Pusha T) (Nominated)
2013: Best Rap Performance: "Mercy" (with Kanye West, Big Sean, and Pusha T) (Nominated)
2013: Best Rap Album: Based on a TRU Story (Nominated)
2014: Best Rap Song: "f****n' Problems" (with ASAP Rocky, Drake & Kendrick Lamar) (Nominated)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:45 am 

sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

2013: Best Rap Song: "Mercy" (with Kanye West, Big Sean, and Pusha T) (Nominated)
2013: Best Rap Performance: "Mercy" (with Kanye West, Big Sean, and Pusha T) (Nominated)
2014: Best Rap Song: "f****n' Problems" (with ASAP Rocky, Drake & Kendrick Lamar) (Nominated)

Hey sparks... remind us of how many Grammy "Common" won? Remind us how much money Tom McDermott lost for Hammond taxpayers by trying to promote a "Common" concert with public funds. That's right, you can't remind us because that information was never released. Here's another "hit" from your boy 2 Chains... We can only pray that the Feds are indeed watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NttlPwNKd_M

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:57 am 

lubu wrote:
sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

Hey sparks... remind us of how many Grammy "Common" won? Remind us how much money Tom McDermott lost for Hammond taxpayers by trying to promote a "Common" concert with public funds. That's right, you can't remind us because that information was never released. Here's another "hit" from your boy 2 Chains... We can only pray that the Feds are indeed watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NttlPwNKd_M

TOTAL CRAP ! :evil:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:30 am 

Tiger1 wrote:

Because we all know that there any never any problems at concerts white people attend. Bigots will be bigots, it's easy to identify them by the words they use.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:33 am 

sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

Because we all know that there any never any problems at concerts white people attend. Bigots will be bigots, it's easy to identify them by the words they use.

What? White people don't go to rap concerts? White bread Tom McDermott is a fan of rap--- so he says. I'm not sure if it's the misogyny or the celebration of drugs and violence that he finds as the endearing quality of the "music".

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:47 am 

sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

Sparks, you want to label me as racist/bigot, HUH??? FTR, I do not identify as white, as I am a multi-racial AMERICAN.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:51 am 

lubu wrote:
sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

What? White people don't go to rap concerts? White bread Tom McDermott is a fan of rap--- so he says. I'm not sure if it's the misogyny or the celebration of drugs and violence that he finds as the endearing quality of the "music".

People of all ethnic/racial backgrounds go to rap concerts. There is a big difference between various rap artists and their music. Some have class, and some do not. Personally, I detest rap artists who use the "n" word and other derogatory terms in their product. I think it is disgusting and demeaning.
I guess with sparks line of thinking, that if I don't accept all kinds of music, then I am a bigot/racist.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:20 am 

We all know that Sparks, The Oracle, The Jailman, "JED", Kuziak and Reardon, etc. are down wit' da' homeez.

BUT....check out the photos the IBEW 697 has posted on its Facebook page. Its practically monochromatic with next to no diversity at all. You have to hunt long and hard to find much black or brown (the way Sparks likes to put it) at all. When you do find photos of The Diversity, they are sort of all grouped together, "back-of-the-bus" -like, in a single picture. Why, with exclusivity like that, you'd think their membership committee consisted of guys named Jim Crow, Hitler, George Wallace, Theophilus Connor, and Simon Legree.

I noticed a frighteningly similar lack of differing skin hues on the Hammond Fire Department page before they changed access to the pictures. All coincidence, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:10 am 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
We all know that Sparks, The Oracle, The Jailman, "JED", Kuziak and Reardon, Hizzoner, etc. be down wit' da' homeez yo'.

BUT....check out the photos the IBEW 697 has posted on its Facebook page. Its practically monochromatic with next to no diversity at all. You have to hunt long and hard to find much black or brown (the way Sparks likes to put it) at all. When you do find photos of The Diversity, they are sort of all grouped together, "back-of-the-bus" -like, in a single picture. Why, with exclusivity like that, you'd think their membership committee consisted of guys named Jim Crow, Hitler, George Wallace, Theophilus Connor, and Simon Legree.

I noticed a frighteningly similar lack of differing skin hues on the Hammond Fire Department page before they changed access to the pictures. All coincidence, I'm sure.