Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Festival of the Lakes 2015
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:39 am 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
We all know that Sparks, The Oracle, The Jailman, "JED", Kuziak and Reardon, etc. are down wit' da' homeez.

BUT....check out the photos the IBEW 697 has posted on its Facebook page. Its practically monochromatic with next to no diversity at all. You have to hunt long and hard to find much black or brown (the way Sparks likes to put it) at all. When you do find photos of The Diversity, they are sort of all grouped together, "back-of-the-bus" -like, in a single picture. Why, with exclusivity like that, you'd think their membership committee consisted of guys named Jim Crow, Hitler, George Wallace, Theophilus Connor, and Simon Legree.

I noticed a frighteningly similar lack of differing skin hues on the Hammond Fire Department page before they changed access to the pictures. All coincidence, I'm sure.

Hypocrits. No diversity in their ranks, but yet calling out others. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:55 am 

Tiger1 wrote:
sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
I would guess the snakefest will be $75,000 in the hole. IMO, with this kind of gutter performer, expect to see an increase in incidents at the snakefest.

Because we all know that there any never any problems at concerts white people attend. Bigots will be bigots, it's easy to identify them by the words they use.

Sparks, you want to label me as racist/bigot, HUH??? FTR, I do not identify as white, as I am a multi-racial AMERICAN.

So you are making the claim that multi-racial people can't be bigots? Good to know. I always thought people of other races are capable of hatred and bigotry.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:47 pm 

We were doing fine discussing the festival and a chosen "entertainer", when "someone" threw out a baseless accusation of bigotry. Now, instead of talking about real misogynistic, violent, pro-drugs, and anti-police rhetoric, we needlessly defend against bogus accusations.

Would Tom McDermott allow his wife and daughter to get up on stage with this caricature, 2 Chainz, and subject themselves to the sexual objectification and misogyny depicted in his lyrics and videos?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:10 pm 

Why would you sign an act which for all practical purposes keeps an entire segment of the community away?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:27 pm 

bert68 wrote:
Why would you sign an act which for all practical purposes keeps an entire segment of the community away?

Maybe the city should do some cross burnings, we wouldn't want anyone to feel excluded.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:34 pm 

sparks wrote:
bert68 wrote:

Maybe the city should do some cross burnings, we wouldn't want anyone to feel excluded.

What do cross burnings have to do with what I posted?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:52 pm 

Why would the mayor sign an act that has a video showing two men pulling a uniformed police officer out of a marked squad and putting a gun to his head??? That is just wrong!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:27 pm 

Sparks, you want to label me as racist/bigot, HUH??? FTR, I do not identify as white, as I am a multi-racial AMERICAN.[/quote]
So you are making the claim that multi-racial people can't be bigots? Good to know. I always thought people of other races are capable of hatred and bigotry.[/quote]

If you want to see hatred and bigotry, look in the nearest mirror.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:28 pm 

lubu wrote:
We were doing fine discussing the festival and a chosen "entertainer", when "someone" threw out a baseless accusation of bigotry. Now, instead of talking about real misogynistic, violent, pro-drugs, and anti-police rhetoric, we needlessly defend against bogus accusations.

Would Tom McDermott allow his wife and daughter to get up on stage with this caricature, 2 Chainz, and subject themselves to the sexual objectification and misogyny depicted in his lyrics and videos?

I would not even allow my adult children to go up on stage with that trash.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:29 pm 

bert68 wrote:

^^^THIS^^^

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:30 pm 

DatDemDey wrote:
Why would the mayor sign an act that has a video showing two men pulling a uniformed police officer out of a marked squad and putting a gun to his head??? That is just wrong!!!!!

VERY WRONG !!!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:35 pm 

sparks wrote:
bert68 wrote:

I figure your muzzle would come off as soon as your master won the election.
Would you want your kid to go watch this trash??? As a parent, even though my kids are all adults now, they had better not attend this trash performance, or they will hear it from me.
2 Chains repeatedly uses vulgar and racist words in his performance. Any person with any self respect or a sense of decency, of ANY racial or ethnic background, should be appalled at this trash.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:32 am 

Tiger1 wrote:
lubu wrote:

I would not even allow my adult children to go up on stage with that trash.

Adults can think for themselves. Puppets allow mommy to pull their strings.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:34 am 

bert68 wrote:
sparks wrote:
bert68 wrote:

What do cross burnings have to do with what I posted?

Which segment of Hammond is being kept away, Fred?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:40 am 

I would think families with young children would be kept away. Why invite an act which would keep parents from bringing young children to enjoy the rides and all that goes with a night out? I thought this Mayor used this event to show off Hammond and bring families into Hammond. To pay any "entertainer" to come to your city and use the language this guy uses regarding women, drugs, race etc. seems counter to the Mayors stated purposes for having the festival. It seems a very strange choice.