Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Do you expect more?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:56 pm 

Was listening to a Wjed / mcd show two weeks ago, though it sounded like a couple of immature jocks talking about nuthin but their hawks tickets.

Shame, in a town as needy as hammond, mcd can't find anything else to talk about.

Lots and lots of rumors on the street. mcd has someone else looking at his activities, someone's working at drawing in the election board on a looksee.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

Post subject: Re: Do you expect more?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:23 am 

I heard the same type of show today. I know the show mentions a disclaimer that it is paid by the McDermott for something or another committee, so therefore 100 percent political. Why then were three city of Hammond employees hosting the show recently? I'm sure they were volunteering their time and not getting paid by taxpayers to do what is admittedly political work on the radio. I'm sure. Is "volunteering" for political work part of an expressed or implied condition for farts or tarts to hold patronage positions? These recent substitute hosts spend a lot of time on the vehicle known as Festival of the Take. The powers that be decided to sell VIP access for $45 this year, but someone is taking political advantage by giving tickets away. Countless other city employees and Friends of Tom are no doubt getting that same access minus the nuisance of paying for a ticket. So who is benefitting personally at public expense while taxpayers face another year of losses at the Take? As there is a dollar value attached, are these jerks' perks even legal?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:12 am 

On a recent radio show, McDermott offered another glimpse of how he can't filter the filth he broadcasts. A caller mentioned Illinois plates on cars of apparent Hammond residents. McDermott responded about how proactive the city is with enforcement of state registration laws at schools and apartments. See, McDermott "runs the numbers" and proudly announced that sweeps at apartment complexes are particularly "lucrative" for the city. I'm sure it's lucrative for politically connected tow operators too. Why not just call police "revenue rustlers" Tom? Are police there "to serve and protect"---your spending?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:31 am 

lubu wrote:
On a recent radio show, McDermott offered another glimpse of how he can't filter the filth he broadcasts. A caller mentioned Illinois plates on cars of apparent Hammond residents. McDermott responded about how proactive the city is with enforcement of state registration laws at schools and apartments. See, McDermott "runs the numbers" and proudly announced that sweeps at apartment complexes are particularly "lucrative" for the city. I'm sure it's lucrative for politically connected tow operators too. Why not just call police "revenue rustlers" Tom? Are police there "to serve and protect"---your spending?

Oh how true, but there's rumbling that someone just may be looking into Hammond PD's administration.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:06 pm 

justcallmetommy wrote:
lubu wrote:

Oh how true, but there's rumbling that someone just may be looking into Hammond PD's administration.

The tow truck drivers on the cities short list are making out like bandits. :evil: