Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hammond School Board Meeting 9-6-2016
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:55 pm 

Here are the highlights of the meeting:

All board members were present.

During the Recognition/Presentation, Mrs. White saluted several Hammond students recently honored in the local newspaper articles.
Mrs, White also relayed sad news, as several staff, current and former, have died recently. Most notable of these is Dee Jones, who died this weekend.

Calendar:

The next regular school board meeting will be on Monday September 19th, 6pm at Gavit. On September 21st, there will be a Public Work Session on the SCH budget at 5:30pm at 41 Williams Street.
October meetings are as follows. Regular board meeting on Monday the 3rd, at 6pm at 41 Williams Street. Board Candidates Night on Tuesday the 11th at 6pm at 41 Williams Street. Monday the 17th at 6pm at 41 Williams Street.

Public Expression 2nd Session(no speakers 1st session):

Mr. Kendall Warner talked about an anti violence program he would like to introduce into the SCH.
Mr. Alvin Cheeks talked about the local Chess Club, and also the Chess Clubs at the various Hammond Schools.

My Take:

I am almost speechless this evening, with the loss of my long time friend, Dee Jones. She will be so very missed. My condolences to her family.