Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Jr's blood sports coming back to haunt him?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:58 am 

Ya got to ask, considering Pence's, excuse me, Vice President Elect Pence's appointment of an outsider to sit in Hammond City Court is a taste of what is going to come to NWI?

The city court has been socked with scandals, court employee's running construction companies, some say who benefit from statements reportedly attributed to them such as, if I do your work I can keep code off your back, or city employee's openly lying in court with no consequences?

Then we have what some say abuse of the legal system by McDermott and the city attorney running a kangaroo court antics which with an independent city court judge appointment, may not continue to happen.

But the real issue? Has Jr's blood sport come back to haunt him? You don't think Vice President elect Pence doesn't have a handle on the corruption sitting in municipalities north of I80 in Lake County? The special interest deals which have looted the Hammond tax payer?

It goes back to hopefully more individuals who come forward, tired of the corruption, unfair business climate, making hero's of Individual A referenced by US Attorney Capp.

I can remember Jr was upset with a recent violation of fair housing law resulting in HUD threatening legal action against Jr where he discriminated against minorities in Hammond. The unrefuted evidence was a audio tape of Jr making discriminatory comments. Jr wasn't upset with his behavior, but someone used a tape recorder. WTF?

Jr. Had to settle as the case, as had it gone to court, the feds who seldom lose cases, would have resulted in Jr losing his law license. The end result, Jr had to settle, the settlement costing Hammond City $200,000.

Will Pence provide marching orders to a new US Attorney in the NW Indiana District?

Time will tell, but as it stands Jr may be drinking a bit more as the the current governor will have the influence of the Vice President of the United States Office, who has the ear of the President, and both a phone call way from the US Attorney for the Northwest District of Illinois.

So.... Jr doesn't play nice in the sandbox, and it may come back to haunt him. The appointment of the new city judge is an indication.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.