Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: festival of the lakes diary day 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:29 pm 
Banned

dear diary.

just getting ready to head out...figured ill save time later by making an entry now.

Boy work was rough today. usually the heat doesnt get to me till after lunch. but the humidity was bad right from 6 am. and after the late night last night, well, it was a tough morning. i think i got whipped by at least three branches in the face today.

making matters worse, absolutely everyone i know, who previously didnt want to go, now is asking for passes to the vip section. its kind of tough rating and priortizing friends and family like that. if i let my sister get a pass but not my brother...etc...i never realized the ojays were such a big draw. or maybe its just the opportunity to be close to the mayor and tell him what a great job he is doing? i guess we will find out when he takes the stage at 7 pm.

but for any of you out there reading this. if you havent already asked me to get on a list for this week. its too late. stop asking. no i cant get you in!...and that goes for you too councilman! :roll: :D

ill post how things go when i get in tonight...likely around 12.

gonna be hot tomarrow too. phew this is a rough life :smt004

Post subject: Re: festival of the lakes diary day 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:43 pm 
Banned

dear diary,

its taken 5 years, but alas, i have finally moved up enough in status to rate a parking pass for the week! first person i ran into was woerple. damn he looks like he's lost weight but says he has gained 10 pounds? if that were possible i should look like a stick.

anyway the ojays are the main act tonight but they clearly got beat out in the fasion category by the opening act together. orange pinstripes with the hats to match! when they stood together for a picture it looked like one giant curtain with a bunch of heads poking through.

in 5 years ive never seen a crowd get so large so early. half way through togethers show...it seemed the entire crowd had arrived. it wasnt overly huge or anything(although it was a very big audience for our wedenesday night)...but they certainly were eager.

we have a new setup back stage which went great for the first night. the stage is on the corner adjacent to the lake now...which allows the beer garden to touch up to part of the vip section. undoubetdly this will help sales during the concerts. but also...it give us a heck of a lot more room to work back stage. and that is a very good thing.

crowd was very enthused but peacefull. i didnt see anyone who had to be removed or any problems at all. the biggest problem of the night was accomodating all of a certain councilman's vip requests. but we got it done and had room to spare up front.

that wont be the case tomarrow night...when almost twice the number of people are scheduled to be in the vip area. its going to be packed. heck if your going to the vip area but cant get their relatively early...you might want to bring your own portable chair. theres extra room beside the stage...and im sure people would rather sit there than get caught standing.

as for the show...i didnt know much about the ojays before tonight. just that they seemed like decent guys last year...but that show was rained out so i never heard their music. all someone had to do was tell me they do the song (love train) in the coors light commercial...and the lightbulb went off.

by far the ojays have the biggest staff weve ever hosted. a 9 piece horn section and 4 band members besides the three leads of the group. but it was all as organized as ever (which is unbelievably good for the first night of the fest) and has me thinking this could be a very good year for those of us trying to work their.

and let me say this as well. the parks dept guys working the event this year...are as together as ive ever seen them. heck they looked like a nascar pit crew when a wind blew down a canopy. they had that thing out of the way in no time flat.

see ya tomarrow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:32 am 

but for any of you out there reading this. if you havent already asked me to get on a list for this week. its too late. stop asking. no i cant get you in!

Dibbs on next year! LOL

BTW speaking of hot the lady at the Burger King drive thru on Kennedy said it was 95 degrees! Fortunately all that time in FL has helped me build up a little tolerance and I wasn't even running the A/C. :smt025

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:57 am 
Banned

That was a great time last night. I had to sleep in a little today but I'll be ready for tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:20 am 
Banned

tonight will be nuts. likely the biggest night of the whole fest with, twice the vip requests of last night. my suggestion...get there early. if you arent there by 630 you wont get in time for the 7 pm show. and traffic on calumet is going to be very rough by around 7 pm.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:52 am 

the oracle lives here
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:20 am
the oracle lives here wrote:
tonight will be nuts. likely the biggest night of the whole fest with, twice the vip requests of last night. my suggestion...get there early. if you arent there by 630 you wont get in time for the 7 pm show. and traffic on calumet is going to be very rough by around 7 pm.

No work today?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:57 am 
Banned

thanks for caring :smt006

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:11 pm 
Banned

freetime wrote:
the oracle lives here
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:20 am
the oracle lives here wrote:

No work today?

if that link doesnt work...fill out the appropriate boxes with this case number 45D12-0806-SC-00596 and it should show up as a link at the bottom of the page.

the hilights

Plaintiff appears. Defendant fails to appear. Ejectment possession hearing held. Immediate possession granted to plaintiff and order issued. Defendant to vacate by 7-15-08. Damages hearing set. Copy to Pltf by US mail. Copy to Deft by US mail and Sheriff. lt Event: Back Rent and Damages Hearing Date: 09/17/2008 Time: 1:00 pm Judge: Villalpando, Jesse M Location: Room 4 - Hammond (219) 933-2850 Result: Vacated - D12

and

Recalled. Method : Service by Sheriff Issued : 07/10/2008 Service : Order of Possession Served : 07/14/2008 Return : 07/15/2008 On : HAHNEY, MARSHA L Signed By : Reason : Recalled Comment : Tracking # : S000500947

in other words...according to the docket...marsha was set to be out of the house on tuesday (yesterday) but on monday shortly before we began discussing this on line...her mom changed her mind and cancelled the order.

she was literally hours away from being on the street.