Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: The Hammond Forum
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:11 am 
Site Admin

I’m pleased that there are many new members of our forum and I welcome you. Hammond is one of the more populated cities in Northwest Indiana and plays an important role within the region. Many Hammond residents are very passionate about politics and it is my desire to provide a forum where people can come to freely discuss issues of concern. I welcome and encourage vigorous debate within this forum regardless of ones political views.

Unfortunately the Hammond section of our forum is infected with several members whose sole purpose seems to be to silence anyone whose viewpoints conflict with their own. Their strategy is to personally and relentlessly attack members and to disrupt the normal course of debate and discussion. The Times forum was destroyed by a handful of people whose objective was to silence free speech. I assure you that I will not allow this to occur on this forum.

Although it is my preference to not interfere in discussions, the disruptive behavior of the few is disrupting the forum for the many. This disruptive behavior must be stopped. The offenders will be banned from this forum without further notice. It is my hope that this action will not be required but I suspect that it is inevitable for meaningful change to occur.

Who will be banned?

- Threads whose sole purpose is to attack or harass another member are not permitted. This includes those threads, which pretend to be discussing some harmless topic, but in reality their intent is to harass or threaten another member. Those who start or participate in these threads will be banned and the threads will be deleted.

- Members who relentlessly attack and harass other members.

- Members whose primary purpose is to disrupt the forum.

Pretty simple. Be civil or be gone.

Admin

Last bumped by Administrator on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:11 am.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]