Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Has Mayor Tom made Hammond the Laughing Stock of:
Lake County 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Northwest Indiana 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Indiana 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Nation 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Re: Infamous Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr Quotes
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:57 am 

Bored, listening to the transistor radio under the Hohman Ave bridge this am...10/28

Jr talks about how the ramp off the Borman going north is blocked..... If Tom lives on Knickerbocker Pkwy...

Hmmmmm.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:59 am 

justcallmetommy wrote:
Quote:
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/police-garage-seen-as-aiding-downtown-hammond/article_32bae429-bd2f-54c2-91a4-5dc82fb105f4.html

Congrats to Hammond purchasing a building on Hohman Ave & converting it into a
Police garage…..

Purchase price $285,000. Now a TIMES article states there was an error estimating plumbing issues. Instead of $200,000 to complete plumbing and tuck pointing Improvements, now looks a bit more like $500,000.

The article, written by John J. Watkins, fails to cover some basic information, but hell were talking about the TIMES here, an award winning regional news paper. Absent from this award winning article, who gave the recommendation to buy the building, and who did complete the plumbing and building condition (tuck pointing) inspections?

Was it a city employee, a plumbing inspector, a building inspector, an engineering firm or did Phil Taillon himself give the a ok, absent those basic inspections?

Let's see what happens with this project.

The fact remains someone made a $500,000 mistake. Not chump change. Reasonable question I think regarding the plumbing and tuck pointing deficiencies. Phill’s a pro, and this sounds like a rookie mistake, maybe.

Funny thing, the property was listed by a real estate company who’s principal owner is related to our very own Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr. I wonder if Jr’s brother’s company made a commission on the deal?

Want a couple of more laughs? Had the estimate for plumbing & tuck pointing work been more accurate, would the deal have gone south costing a McDermott relative a commission? Acquisition cost would have risen to $785,000.

Hey, but let’s look on the bright side, besides the addition of a public works garage, a friend of Jr’s, I’d guess a relative and or at least a campaign contributor who owns a tuck pointer business gets to make nearly a guaranteed $250,000 and a plumber friend of Jr gets to make another $250,000.

I wonder if the building is gonna need a roof soon. More patronage.

Last laugh? The skilled trades person who laid down that fancy cross walk brick work in DT Hammond may not have done an adequate job…. Those cross walks are literally fallin apart. I wonder if they're in the running for that tuck pointing work.

There's plenty of money in those TIFF's... unfortunately that money doesn't go to Hammond's Schools, Libraries and other general services.

Reminds me of another Hammond Public Works Project. Those Harrison Park Tennis Courts. The bill was to be around $450,000, the original contractor received payment, then... went out of business. They had to rebid the job, another $500,000. Those tennis courts ran nearly $1,000,000.

No litigation against the original contractor seeking reimbursement.... at least one of Tom's best friends could have racked up some legal fees suing an bankrupt contractor.

Tell me it ain't true..... can you guess who plays poker with McDermott and we pay for it?

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:45 pm 

[b]Whoever listens to Tom and Kevin anymore…. It’s like a frat show. I missed it and told of this story 2nd hand.

But there have been some developments. The reason the governor appointed an independent jurist positions in Lake County is due to corruption, incestuous corruption. Jr. may become a red thumb target. He’s taken not only his shots at Pence, but there are some other lesser known evils Tom’s committed to play dirty in the sand box.

Do you remember the Mac Pac? The VP Elect apparently was sending a message, something WJED didn’t have the intelligence or some believe didn’t want to make play against Jr as Jr is thin skinned. Now, maybe, just maybe the VP Elect might ask some special attention be played to JR and some of his interest….

I don’t think the Lake County Election Board will override a federal investigation…. Recently someone’s been returning excess contributions & noting it… but JR, there’s years of excess contributions and I don’t know a statute of limitations on those excesses. Will JR & Mrs get caught like the other Tom, and try to give back $$$$$.... nope … the feds don’t play that way, ask Philpott. ;)

I still think there are some questions about a couple of homes build by the brother of one of Jr’s closest, this .. close, supporter. $450,000 paid in advance to a contractor… just doesn’t happen in the real world.

The HCC, quietly has been on of Lake County’s most corrupt courts in NWI. Jr’s lap dog prosecuting cases, just won’t have the same leverage as she had in Hammond City Court (HCC) at the County Level…. It’s a bit toooooo public and what judge wants that scrutiny? Pence’s appointment was a gesture, a give to Jr to clean up his act, clean the court up, as I am sure complaints cross the Governor’s Desk.

Harkin’s alcoholism and his love for his court, wanting to be re-elected and not face a JR backed candidate, made Harkin close his eyes sometime on what was going on right in front of him.

Now by Jr acting like a spoiled child, those complaints remain in the mind’s eye of the VP Elect. Hmmmm?

Speaking of Kantar, she’s been brought up on ethic’s charges at least one time. As I understand the case, only by the grace of god did she keep her license, but she will profess otherwise. If more Hammond Residence understood the law, and the breach of ethics behind many of her hearings, without serving notice, going ahead with on the original hearing date even though representing attorneys were given another date….and other antics…. She wouldn’t have a law license, neither would the sitting judge.

As I understand, Jr is facing at least three federal lawsuits involved in violations of the 14th amendment based out of the HCC.

An example of the corruption you ask? As the story was told, except this was a federal court record, A code enforcement officer in Hammond, (some say sorta retired…. went to work for another municipality). In the federal filing, a Hammond Code Enforcement Officer took a contractor working in the court to a code violation site. The Plaintiff saw both at the house. Later according to the Plaintiff, the court officer/contractor came back offered to do the roofing repair for ¼ the cost of a well-known area roofing contractor, stating if he did the job, he would be able to keep code enforcement from coming back…. Something to that effect.

Now I know your gonna ask who do you believe, someone working in a corrupt city court, who may have made their side money by completing contracting work off the poor souls run thru the court or a plaintiff’s filings in a federal court under threat of perjury.

Jr., by closing the court did Hammond a favor, by closing the court there is an $800,000 surplus. It's the same loss in Apartment rental fees.

There are a number of people in da region who think Jr just may have put a sock in it, cooked his goose, burnt the bacon.

Jr just escalated the game with the VP-Elect.
:smt00774726

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:09 am 

Jr did the uneducated, victimized citizens of Hammond a favor.

He just lost his corrupt courtroom, one of his legal bully pulpits.

If anything Pence was working at cleaning up Lake County, this was a first step.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16