Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

Has Mayor Tom made Hammond the Laughing Stock of:
Lake County 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Northwest Indiana 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Indiana 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Nation 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Re: Infamous Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr Quotes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:36 pm 

freetime wrote:
But getting back to infamous quotes, I'll nominate "That's a lie" from Friday when I asked him about having TWO audit reports with similar findings.
He said it several times.
When I said the second report was of the 2009 audit, he said "That's a lie" again.
So the goofball denied the state audit is what it is!

I was hoping you would say that. I would have but wanted to make sure that's exactly what he said.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:03 pm 

Yes, that's exactly what he said.
If he is going to deny Hammond even had an audit for 2009, even though it's the law that annual audits are performed, there's little chance he'll do anything to fix the shortcomings they noted!
BTW, long tome no see Mirage. How's tricks?
:)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:28 pm 

She's fine. We're all fine. lol

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:08 pm 

I still think the whole story about the Mayor's friend and family growing that small amount of weed is sort of strange. They claim the fly-boys from the State Police spotted it. I may be corrected on this. But I had someone contact me and told me some others were growing the stuff in that area and it's funny, no one spotted their growing field. I am not aware of the 2 locations, but come on now. If the State boys can accomplish this amazing task, why can't they use their expertise to stomp out the gun shooters in the area. In the old days we would call it a setup.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:31 am 

From an August 14 2010 nwi.com story, McDermott admits he doesn't know when he is telling a lie in discussing the now-infamous non-existent photo of an alleged illegal City Council meeting:

"I play a lot of poker. People say I bluff a lot, which I do. I insinuated that I had it to Councilman Markovich, then when I was confronted, I said I had it," McDermott told Kiesling.

"I don't really feel I lied. It's a pretty common interrogation technique."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:50 am 

newsflashkid wrote:
I still think the whole story about the Mayor's friend and family growing that small amount of weed is sort of strange. They claim the fly-boys from the State Police spotted it. I may be corrected on this. But I had someone contact me and told me some others were growing the stuff in that area and it's funny, no one spotted their growing field. I am not aware of the 2 locations, but come on now. If the State boys can accomplish this amazing task, why can't they use their expertise to stomp out the gun shooters in the area. In the old days we would call it a setup.

per news print media:

fact the woerpel clan knew the marijuana was grown behind the shed

fact, the infamous mailman was quoted that he knew the plants were grown in the back yard, I think the quote when something like, yea i knew they were back there, its not like were any big drug cartell

fact the DEA requested the warrant

fact a judge issued a bench warrant

:smt005 fact, McDermott made a national fool of him self by leaving that taped message on the Sheriff's phone

:? fact, McDermott knew he was making a voice mail message...

(maybe he should ask for his money back on that high priced noter dame law degree he reportedly got!)

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:56 pm 

freetime wrote:
Yes, that's exactly what he said.
If he is going to deny Hammond even had an audit for 2009, even though it's the law that annual audits are performed, there's little chance he'll do anything to fix the shortcomings they noted!
BTW, long tome no see Mirage. How's tricks?
:)

Freetime, this is just an indication of how inept Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr is....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:26 am 

Exerpts from a Mark Keisling article found in the Hammond Times. The article refernces another Mayor Thomas McDermott quote referencing a statement made my McDermott regarding a non existent photograph. Now our mayor is using interogation techniques to run Hammond

Quote:
One man's bluff is another man's lie.

Hammond Mayor Tom McDermott said he was "bluffing" when he told everyone in this little corner of the world that he had an incriminating cell phone photo of six City Council members at an illegal meeting.

No such photo existed, and he said he wanted to use it as a bluff to make the council members admit to the meeting, which they did publicly Monday.

"Some people may call it a bluff, some people may call it a lie," the mayor said Friday evening. "It's not something I'm particularly proud of, it was a mistake, and I am going to take some heat for it."
The mistake, he said, was not in the bluff itself.

"It's a pretty common interrogation technique," he said. "Cops use it, the FBI uses it. You lead people to believe you have something you don't."

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/opinion/columnists/mark-kiesling/article_c44e2a19-dee9-50f4-8422-040fd539cf58.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:45 am 

Quote:
hammonite wrote:
" You lead people to believe you have something you don't."

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/opinion/columnists/mark-kiesling/article_c44e2a19-dee9-50f4-8422-040fd539cf58.html

hey...it's how obama got elected...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:20 am 

In Saturday, August 21st, 2010, Mayor and Lake County Democratic Chairman was quoted as saying to the Hammond Times with regard to the Republican Party Democratic Chairman:

Quote:

Her counterpart, Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott, the Lake County Democratic Party chairman, warned Krull Friday that her blanket attack on his party will backfire.

"Kim wants to make accusations but can't back them up. She should just keep her trap shut," McDermott said Friday.

Geeze is this more of someone who has no self controll. Is this an appropriate comment to later be googled in a major news paper.

Nice Quote Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr.

Article link: http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/article_11011145-32f5-5f03-a282-9cdcd5b63ce6.html

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:02 am 

Funniest bit I have seen on McDermott, the first line says it all!

Quote:
Monday, August 16, 2010
Pssst ... don't mention Photoshop to this guy.
Does this make you feel better or worse about New Albany? There are plausible arguments both ways, and they all make me want to head to the bar.

Thanks to my contributor ... or, thanks for nothing. I'm not sure which is more accurate.

Hammond mayor retracts claim of steakhouse meeting photo (at NWI.com)

A photograph that Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr. said shows six Hammond City Council members dining together at a Hessville steakhouse doesn't exist.

Speaking Friday morning during his paid radio program on station WJOB-AM (1230), McDermott said that despite his publicly saying the photograph was in his possession, no such photo ever existed.

McDermott publicly chastised City Council members Anthony Higgs, Kim Poland, Homero "Chico" Hinojosa, Robert Markovich, Kathleen Pucalik and Dan Spitale at last week's council meeting after he said he had photographic proof they attended a meeting with police and fire union officials.

On his program, McDermott said he used the imagined photograph as a "bluff" to get council members to confess they attended the meeting ...

... "I don't really feel I lied. It's a pretty common interrogation technique.".

Posted by The New Albanian at 8/16/2010 11:46:00 AM

http://cityofnewalbany.blogspot.com/2010/08/pssst-dont-mention-photoshop-to-this.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:05 pm 

Two juicy quotes in the last week or so!

The "bluffing" about the non-existent photo of an alleged illegal City Council meeting. "I don't really feel as if I lied."

"She should shut her trap" re: Kim Krull, his Republican counterpart as county chairperson

If they ever release the tape of his WJOB show from Friday, Aug. 20, there will be several more for the list.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:58 pm 

Hmmmm........ "I'm single again, but I have to pay child support!" not just yet :roll:

Last edited by justcallmetommy on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:33 pm 

Hmmnnn. Infamous McDermott quotes. OK. I'll play. "I'm a better vet than they are." I don't remember the exact wording and I'm too lazy to look it up right now. Remember in his first term when those vets were trying to get the second half of the memorial built in Harrison Park? He pulled the funding that Dedelow had dedicated to it. There was some sort of protest about it. These vets are of the leather wearing, raise money for charity by riding their motorcycle variety. I respect all vets. Except the kind that throw other people's medals away and claim them as their own.

Amy, why don't you stick to things that you do well like having kids rather than things you are neither capable nor motivated to even do poorly such as think and act like a mature adult - George T Janiec (I know,I'm childish)

What about the kids, George?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:34 pm 

freetime wrote:
"She should shut her trap" re: Kim Krull, his Republican counterpart as county chairperson

What was ironic about that one was that he was disputing her allegation that he's a bully.

Amy, why don't you stick to things that you do well like having kids rather than things you are neither capable nor motivated to even do poorly such as think and act like a mature adult - George T Janiec (I know,I'm childish)

What about the kids, George?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next