Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next

Has Mayor Tom made Hammond the Laughing Stock of:
Lake County 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Northwest Indiana 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Indiana 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Nation 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Re: Infamous Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr Quotes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:42 pm 

Amy Wigs wrote:
Hmmnnn. Infamous McDermott quotes. OK. I'll play. "I'm a better vet than they are." I don't remember the exact wording and I'm too lazy to look it up right now. Remember in his first term when those vets were trying to get the second half of the memorial built in Harrison Park? He pulled the funding that Dedelow had dedicated to it. There was some sort of protest about it. These vets are of the leather wearing, raise money for charity by riding their motorcycle variety. I respect all vets. Except the kind that throw other people's medals away and claim them as their own.

Geeze, I forgot all about that! That is right he make some type of comment that like that....

I though at the time how childish and how self belittling of a comment it was...

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:27 am 

newsflashkid wrote:
I still think the whole story about the Mayor's friend and family growing that small amount of weed is sort of strange. They claim the fly-boys from the State Police spotted it. I may be corrected on this. But I had someone contact me and told me some others were growing the stuff in that area and it's funny, no one spotted their growing field. I am not aware of the 2 locations, but come on now. If the State boys can accomplish this amazing task, why can't they use their expertise to stomp out the gun shooters in the area. In the old days we would call it a setup.

McDerkmott has made friends in high places who want to help him...

Getting to close to Jr appears to be hazzardous! :shock:

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:24 am 

Following quote by McDermott dealing with Lake County Corruption

Quote:
Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr., who also is chairman of the Lake County Democratic Party, insists that a new, more law-abiding generation is replacing the "old school."

"I'm two decades younger than these guys," McDermott said. "We're all embarrassed by the reputation Lake County has. But I'm not part of it. I just happen to live here."

read the full article at: http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/08/northwest-indiana-corruption-thrives-in-chicagos-shadow.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:04 am 

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/article_26248e5e-c223-5ea8-b125-aa7bd2c0e626.html?mode=story

Quote:
Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr., who has clashed with Dominguez in the past, claims Dominguez is spending his post-sheriff days meddling in several cities' Democratic mayoral primaries.

"The fact is he is making a power play," McDermott said earlier this week.

Geeze Tom, you have the balls to make that statement, have you looked yourself in the mirror lately?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:52 am 

McDermott touts College Bound, a success for the city and touts that the drop in population that wasn't that bad as feared? When do you tout a population drop as not that bad.

Quote:
McDermott also tied the need for grade school "options" for families to the city's recently-released census figures, which showed a drop in population that wasn't as bad as he feared.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/hammond/article_f6f8c7b5-4abb-5e4f-8487-d08feaf89578.html

The success of College Bound is in question:

Quote:
mattlap Post subject: Re: McDermott Abandoned Public School ChildrenPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:27 pm

It matters whether they drop put of college or the program. The length of time to get a degree shows the effectiveness of the program. Isn't ultimately the goal of the program to have Hammond students get college degrees? Would you say the same thing if 80 kids out of 100 didn't make it back for the 2nd year? And all 20 that did graduated. Would you call that 100% success?

No ...the study claims that home ownership has stayed steady because the level of homestead exemptions has stayed relatively neutral despite the foreclosure crisis. That means only one thing and it's a fact nationwide. Banks are slow to foreclose, so as of right now the loans and the homesteads are staying in homeowners names regardless of the fact many are empty.

But still ... even if you use the homebound program it's an amazingly small statistical reference. I can't imagine there are many homes sold thru homebound in a year. A few dozen at most.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:56 am 

Quote:
“You’ve got one guy who’s a teacher, one who’s a stripper and one who’s a baker. I’m running against the Village People,” Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr said. “Don’t vote for the Village People!”

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/3744618-418/mcdermott-to-seek-3rd-term.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:59 am 

Out of all of Mayor Thomas McDermott quotes, this is the most bothersome. McDermott has a history of bashing people.

Quote:
hammonite Post subject: Re: Infamous Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr QuotesPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:41 am

I understand McDermott went after Freetime on WJOB today, he accused her of lying.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:41 am 

She did lie, time and time again, just as you have. Posting speculation that you believe to be true doesn't make it true. Again you are not above lying as you prove daily. Now we will have a thread where snippets of quotes will be taken out of context purposefully. Carry on water boy!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am 

xmpt wrote:
She did lie, time and time again, just as you have.

nah....it's called bluffing

Quote:
One man's bluff is another man's lie.

Hammond Mayor Tom McDermott said he was "bluffing" when he told everyone in this little corner of the world that he had an incriminating cell phone photo of six City Council members at an illegal meeting.

No such photo existed, and he said he wanted to use it as a bluff to make the council members admit to the meeting, which they did publicly Monday.

"Some people may call it a bluff, some people may call it a lie,"
the mayor said Friday evening.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/opinion/columnists/mark-kiesling/article_c44e2a19-dee9-50f4-8422-040fd539cf58.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:56 pm 

hammonite wrote:
Following quote by McDermott dealing with Lake County Corruption

Quote:
Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr., who also is chairman of the Lake County Democratic Party, insists that a new, more law-abiding generation is replacing the "old school."

"I'm two decades younger than these guys," McDermott said. "We're all embarrassed by the reputation Lake County has. But I'm not part of it. I just happen to live here."

read the full article at: http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/08/northwest-indiana-corruption-thrives-in-chicagos-shadow.html

That was back when he touted his youth. Now he's running on his age and so called experience.

Amy, why don't you stick to things that you do well like having kids rather than things you are neither capable nor motivated to even do poorly such as think and act like a mature adult - George T Janiec (I know,I'm childish)

What about the kids, George?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:28 am 

Amy Wigs wrote:
Hmmnnn. Infamous McDermott quotes. OK. I'll play. "I'm a better vet than they are." I don't remember the exact wording and I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

Remember in his first term when those vets were trying to get the second half of the memorial built in Harrison Park? He pulled the funding that Dedelow had dedicated to it. There was some sort of protest about it. These vets are of the leather wearing, raise money for charity by riding their motorcycle variety. I respect all vets. Except the kind that throw other people's medals away and claim them as their own.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:04 pm 

McDermott comments on Manny Montalvo

http://www.northwestindiana.com/discussionforum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=15&t=9226&sid=daeb20edda7fc4e7a0f6649f7e26cefe

Quote:
"I'm in the middle of a mayoral campaign, and there are people who would turn this into something ethnic because I am running against a Hispanic candidate. They really would," McDermott said.

Yea it is more important to assure you get your votes than do the right thing. The right priorities tom! Keep up the good work!

1575 033011 805p

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:28 pm 

I was at a dinner party over the weekend.

One of the guests is a current political lobbyist and freely shared some information about Jr.

He said, after 37 years in the industry, with the reputation that McDermott has down state, anything that he is in favor of gets turned down by the down state political party, both d and r. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:29 am 

We are going to hear a lot of McDermott's new campaign theme gearing up for the November elections:

"Liar"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:01 am 

hammonite wrote:
We are going to hear a lot of McDermott's new campaign theme gearing up for the November elections:

"Liar"

No,

it's called

"BLUFFER!"

cops use it all the time ya know...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next