Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next

Has Mayor Tom made Hammond the Laughing Stock of:
Lake County 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Northwest Indiana 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Indiana 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Nation 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Re: Infamous Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr Quotes
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:35 am 

Quote:

Wow! Now I know why McDermott switched parties!

Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr. spoke against the proposal at the meeting, despite the city's potential exposure to litigation.

"If it's state law, let's let our Legislature explain why it's OK. I think a problem in Hammond is gun violence, and we're saying let's carry more guns," McDermott said.

Hammond doesn't have a problem with "gun violence". It has a problem with crime, and many criminals use illegal guns in their acts of violence.

The answer to criminals with illegal guns is armed, law abiding citizens. As we saw in the London riots, you can't depend on the police to keep you safe. You need to do it yourself.

Seeing as how McDermott has taxpayer funded armed security protecting him 24/7, he seems a bit hypocritical on this issue.

Those of us of the gun loving persuasion should get together and open carry into City Hall and dare them to arrest us.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/hammond/article_47e96c53-ee7e-5cb2-91ce-4ace6ff261d2.html

Posted by Buzzcut at http://www.bluecountyredstate.blogspot.com/

Opps, a mis step my Tom, I think there are a lot of people in Hammond who strongly support the right to carry.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:24 am 

Quote:
"If I sign it, I violate my principles. McDermott said.

:lol: :lol:

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/hammond/article_47e96c53-ee7e-5cb2-91ce-4ace6ff261d2.html?mode=story

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:22 pm 

Quote:
"I understand the need to comply with state law and have every intention of making sure we do," McDermott said, "but I will not compromise the need for safety in our city."

Quote:
Those ordinances became automatically void when a state law disallowing local firearm restrictions took effect July 1, Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr. said Tuesday. No one, he added, has been denied entry to city parks or buildings since the state law took effect.

Then Tom, how about refunding the $100,000 of unauthorized credit card expenditures in which you were sited by the State Board of Accounts. You were reimbursed with out appropriate receipts.

And while were at it Tom, how about the illegal pratice if paying several city employee's in advance?

And what about your bottom basement boys using city computers on city time to post political messages?

And Tom, how about that $17,000,000 that was placed in uninsured investement accounts in violation of state law?

And Tom, how about making sure, that a certain ATM company operated and reportedly owned by a certain city employee is bid out! It's been widely reported that no one in city hall can find a contract allowing this friends and family business the ability to operate.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/hammond/article_b37fcfd3-efc1-531c-99d8-a582a288dc20.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:19 am 

Ho Hum The same old things that you brought up in the primary that went no where. You are like a stand up comedian, you recite the same jokes at every stop until people get tired of hearing them then you will disappear in relative obscurity.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:12 am 

xmpt wrote:
Ho Hum The same old things that you brought up in the primary that went no where. You are like a stand up comedian, you recite the same jokes at every stop until people get tired of hearing them then you will disappear in relative obscurity.

So you acknowledge they occurred. You don't think people are upset with this type of abuse?

Think again captain.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:35 pm 

No I acknowledge that you threw the allegations around like a beech ball only for them to fall on deaf ears due to lack of truth. So now you are doing the same thing which will have the same results. Nada!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:59 pm 

xmpt wrote:
No I acknowledge that you threw the allegations around like a beech ball only for them to fall on deaf ears due to lack of truth. So now you are doing the same thing which will have the same results. Nada!

You're a friggin liar. YOU and the McDermott Bottom Basement Boys mercielessly attacked Freetime. Your own by line says it all.

Then you can go on to two mayoral candidates, one's business and residence were targeted to the point where a board of public works hearing was held. Tommie smartly backed down.

Then you have janiec and the election board, the State Supreme Court's ruling was terse and established very short performance timeframes.

The you have someone who requested mcdermott's campaign finance reports, only to receive a citation four days later.

You are a liar.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:49 am 

Quote:
Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr., also the county Democratic Party chairman, said he knew Philpot and his family, and he was "shocked and sad" at the news.

"I talked to him about a week ago, and I don't think he was anticipating this," McDermott said. "Everybody gets their day in court, and I wish him the best."

Acting FBI Special Agent in Charge Danny Barkley said the agency is "relentlessly" investigating officials who exploit their positions for personal gain.

Hmmm.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/hammond/article_57aa580b-756e-5c58-9bdd-75e6be62cd7d.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:38 pm 

justcallmetommy wrote:
xmpt wrote:

You're a friggin liar. YOU and the McDermott Bottom Basement Boys mercielessly attacked Freetime. Your own by line says it all.

Then you can go on to two mayoral candidates, one's business and residence were targeted to the point where a board of public works hearing was held. Tommie smartly backed down.

Then you have janiec and the election board, the State Supreme Court's ruling was terse and established very short performance timeframes.

The you have someone who requested mcdermott's campaign finance reports, only to receive a citation four days later.

You are a liar.

What was the hearing for and what was the result? Don't throw it out there unless you know what happened.

Janiec's question needed to be asked, is it right for someone to run for office only to use that position as a stepping stone? You have said yourself that McDermott was going to do just that after the election. So you wouldn't have a problem if he ran for another office?

Seems you have a tendency for double standards.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:17 pm 

xmpt wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:
xmpt wrote:

You are a liar.

What was the hearing for and what was the result? Don't throw it out there unless you know what happened.

Janiec's question needed to be asked, is it right for someone to run for office only to use that position as a stepping stone? You have said yourself that McDermott was going to do just that after the election. So you wouldn't have a problem if he ran for another office?

Seems you have a tendency for double standards.

Your starting to sound like Philpott. Ok I took the money, but I returned it with interest. No harm no foul.

See that doesn't work. It is not a matter of prevailing; it is a pattern of harassment and abuse of power my friend.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:54 pm 

Answer the question.

Give the answer for the businessman that was harassed and taken to the Board of Works. I am dying to know how he was harassed and why he was taken to the Board of Works. Unless of course you don't know. Why bother quoting my post if you are unable to answer the questions?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:28 pm 

Quote:
McDermott calls Marion County Republicans 'perverts'

By Dan Carden dan.carden@nwi.com, (317) 637-9078 | Posted: Friday, September 23, 2011 1:45 pm | (45) Comments

INDIANAPOLIS | Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr. in part called Marion County Republicans "perverts" on his weekly paid radio show Friday in response to Gov. Mitch Daniels' book describing Northwest Indiana as politically corrupt.

"He thinks the Democrats from Lake County are corrupt," McDermott said on WJOB-AM 1230. "Using the same logic the governor uses on us, well, we think the Republicans from Marion County are perverts."

He then noted recent sex scandals involving Indianapolis-area Republicans, including state Rep. Phil Hinkle's alleged hotel liaison with an 18-year-old man and the indecent exposure arrest of Andy Miller, former commissioner of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, after soliciting a male police officer in a bathroom adjacent to an Indianapolis shopping mall.

In his book, "Keeping the Republic," Daniels says Northwest Indiana's "reputation for governmental corruption and labor union aggression" make the area "a place employers are more likely to flee than invest in."

McDermott said that kind of talk shows Daniels is a poor leader. Didn't Mitch give Aaron McDermott a pardon?

"He's our governor, too, and he's throwing us under the bus -- and profiting from it (via book sales)," said McDermott, a candidate for re-election and chairman of the Lake County Democratic Party.

A Daniels spokeswoman had no comment in response to McDermott's radio commentary.

Pete Seat, spokesman for the Indiana Republican Party and a Schererville native, pointed to Thursday's corruption indictments of the Lake County coroner and three sheriff's deputies and said, "Remind me, how many Lake County Democrats have been sent to jail?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:21 am 

On wjob today, Jr signed off and in the process said he might loose.

Even He thinks he does not have a chance!

He Never did ask people for their vote.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:45 am 

I guess we can wait till Tuesday to find out just how much of a chance he has. Care to put some money where your mouth is? Oh my! I hope the Fed's don't read this! What a jamoke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:40 pm 

Well Jr is claiming victory with a total of 7,500 votes out of 11,000 votes in a city of 80,000 people. Ok. If there was a political future for Jr, well he would have to have a much more substantial turn out that 7,500 votes. That is anemic.

Anyway this thread is about McDermott Quotes.

The day after election day, Wednesday, November 9th, Jr went on air @ wjob and was thumpin his chest. JED baited him into answering about the add the munster republicans took out in the hammond times. It read something like, you don't want them hammond democrats in munster.

Now i can understand that, as one read on the State Board of Accounts report for the last three to four years and money and expense accounts lack accountability. In fact a federal grant appears to be missing nearly $1,000,000 plus.

Jr said on air, and I read it as a threat, that munster gets it water from hammond and it also gets it's sewage treated from hammond. I'll remember that. Paraphrasing the quote of course.

Now that is class. Jr forgets that with only 7,500 or so votes out of Hammond, to be elected to any other state wide office, he is gonna need those republican votes.

Now that is the difference between a politician and a statesman ladies and gentlemen. Jr will always be a politician.

Last edited by justcallmetommy on Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next