Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Portage - Godforsaken place
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:52 pm 

I am from the UK and I worked in Portage in the summer of 1999 selling study guides door to door.

No doubt I met some of you.

Portage is an awful place it really has nothing going for it and the people aren't much better.

The library was very nice, there was a guy that used to work for an airline, he was a nice guy but an exception.

Most people were the type that would preach to you about God and then swear at you in the same sentence, very strange.

Is McDonalds still right next to Blockbuster video?

The library, Blockbuster and McDonalds were the only three buildings in Portage worth saving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:30 am 

Portage has manyyyyyy more things that deserve to stand other than that.. portage is the fastest growing city in northwest indiana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:18 pm 

Well...they are from the UK... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:52 am 

danny1819 wrote:
Portage has manyyyyyy more things that deserve to stand other than that.. portage is the fastest growing city in northwest indiana

That's the problem--everyone there is from somewhere else.

Bringing their bad manners with them.

:roll: :roll:

Post subject: Re: Portage - Godforsaken place
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:07 am 

DTC1977 wrote:
I am from the UK and I worked in Portage in the summer of 1999 selling study guides door to door.

Portage is an awful place it really has nothing going for it and the people aren't much better.

The library was very nice, there was a guy that used to work for an airline, he was a nice guy but an exception.

Most people were the type that would preach to you about God and then swear at you in the same sentence, very strange.

The library, Blockbuster and McDonalds were the only three buildings in Portage worth saving.

What kind of study guides were you selling?

If they were religious tracts, most people don't like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:49 pm 

booklady2006 wrote:
danny1819 wrote:

That's the problem--everyone there is from somewhere else.

Bringing their bad manners with them.

:roll: :roll:

Not everyone :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:52 am 

DTC1977 wrote:

Hey Limey,

Next time you and your family are over on this side of the pond and traveling through our neck of the woods be sure to let me know and I'll be sure to roll out the welcome wagon to meet 'ya all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:33 am 

After nearly 6 years away, I've decided to revisit this message board dedicated to the toilet that is Portage, Indiana and on my return, I've been greeted by a typical piece of Portage hospitality.

However, as I have no intention of ever setting foot anywhere near Portage again it seems unlikely that I'll be able to take you up on your generous offer.

Not that I don't appreciate it, though. Compared with most of the buildings I saw in Portage, that wagon would be considered first rate accommodation.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:24 am 

I have kinda the same feelings about Cardiff, if not Wales in general. Go Liverpool!! :smt003

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:45 am 

DTC - England can have you!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:01 am 

DTC1977 wrote:
After nearly 6 years away, I've decided to revisit this message board dedicated to the toilet that is Portage, Indiana and on my return, I've been greeted by a typical piece of Portage hospitality.

However, as I have no intention of ever setting foot anywhere near Portage again it seems unlikely that I'll be able to take you up on your generous offer.

Not that I don't appreciate it, though. Compared with most of the buildings I saw in Portage, that wagon would be considered first rate accommodation.

You might find Americans in better spirits if you weren't a door to door salesman. We find them about as annoying as telemarketers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:12 am 

More annoying - can't just hang up on them.