Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Police Commander and Town Council President Lost His Cool..
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:58 pm 

Just heard through the grapevine. Town council president Fryzel lost his cool with a town resident. Apparently Ms. Tiebel (town council) also acted in an unfasionable manner. Things got heated when they didn't like what a resident had to say and BANG WEN'T THE GABBLE! The meeting was closed. I heard several resident's still wanted to speak but were not allowed to due to the meeting being abrubtly ending due to flared temper's of Fryzel and Teibel. Where you at St. John Pride?!? Didn't you once try to accuse me LOL...of not behaving in public...why is beyond me. Go figure! As soon as I hear more, I will report back as there was nothing in the Time's paper about it. :smt006

Last edited by comedian on Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Police Commander and Town Coucil President Lost His Cool....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:24 pm 

Sounds like Fryzel and Tiebel are in co-hoots? especially when they don't like what RESIDENTS are saying? Just like that third party, the one who wants the unincorporated land? Who are they again? Oh ya, the RESIDENTS!
When is the Citizens Party election? Isnt that funny, their the CITIZENS party, like ya know, RESIDENTS/CITIZENS, should mean the same thing.

Post subject: Re: Police Commander and Town Coucil President Lost His Cool....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:36 am 

I GOT THE GABBLE STORY.... Here's the gab: It appears a mother and daughter who were volunteer's for the haunted house had a beef with a few council members and brought their beef up at the meeting. The daughter spoke at the podium and declared her resignation and claimed her mother was removed by the police from volunteering at the haunted house. A big tete a tete went on (like a soap opera) and council members tempers started flaring. Fryzel accused the mother of "lying" and the mother accused him of slander...LOL ( a famous SJP word!) That's when BANG WENT THE GABBLE! LOL I could see it now. Here's my take. For one: Why would something like this even be allowed at a town meeting? This was a personal matter and had absolutely nothing to do with "official" town business. In the future the council should not allow this kind of tete a tete at a town meeting. My opinion.... :shock: :shock: :smt006

Post subject: Re: Police Commander and Town Council President Lost His Cool..
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:38 am 

GOOGLE TIME....LOL.... :lol: :smt006
I can tell by the meeting minutes that this tit for tat at the meeting entailed a Ms. Brennan.
Turns out this woman wants to file a complaint on an officer and felt INTIMIDATED in doing so. Hmmm.

http://www.stjohnin.com/opencms/export/ ... INUTES.pdf :smt006

Ms. Janet Brennan, of 10151 Delmar Street, St. John, Indiana, advised she was present tonight
in order to ask for guidance on where she can get information on filing a complaint against an
officer. Ms. Brennan stated she spoke with Chief Frego over the weekend, and she was in the
police station today speaking to the Commander (Chapranda) about the matter. She stated she
felt like she was being dissuaded because it was pointed out to her that the officer could sue
her if her complaint was not termed properly. She stated she was looking for statute guidance
or information as to what are viable terms that can be used in filing a complaint. Commissioner
Dodaro advised Ms. Brennan she needed to go to the police station and complete the
appropriate form at the police station. Ms. Brennan stated she was at the police station today
and saw the appropriate form, but she was wanting the guidelines for what the complaints can
be based on, because in meeting with the Commander today at the police station, that is where
she felt dissuaded, and even intimidated, to not file a complaint. Again, Commissioner Dodaro
advised Ms. Brennan to put her complaint in writing on the official complaint form, and then the
complaint will be investigated. Ms. Brennan then asked if there was a specific statute that she
could look up that shows what is considered a valid complaint regarding abuse of power or
misuse of position. Ms. Brennan stated she would like to look at the viable options before she
filled out the official complaint form to make sure that what she is saying conforms to what it is.
Much discussion ensued. Ms. Brennan stated she would keep looking for information regarding
how to file a complaint.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:35 pm 

I heard that she was told by two SJ Police personnel that, "It wouldn't be in her best intrest", to file a complaint against this officer.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:17 pm 

This seems to summarize the town of St. John:

"It is not truth that matters, but victory."
Adolf Hitler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:56 am 

Chuckles wrote:
I heard that she was told by two SJ Police personnel that, "It wouldn't be in her best intrest", to file a complaint against this officer.

So what does that mean? Does it mean this woman dropped her complaint or didn't file one? See what I mean? What? Are all the police in kahoots or are there any good guys who are willing to do the right thing? Either we get cracking on this "good government law" or get the votes out this round and turn the entire town council over into a whole new group. Each and every one of them.