Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Payday
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:15 pm 

So I hear that SJ employees almost didn't get paid today, not sure if there was enough money in the the bank. Fortunately there was enough to pay them, but what about next payday?
I bet fryzel made sure he got his check before anyone else. How much longer is SJ gonna put up with this joker and his cronies?

Post subject: Re: Payday
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:37 pm 

Chuckles wrote:
So I hear that SJ employees almost didn't get paid today, not sure if there was enough money in the the bank. Fortunately there was enough to pay them, but what about next payday?
I bet fryzel made sure he got his check before anyone else. How much longer is SJ gonna put up with this joker and his cronies?

Oh really? How very interesting.
Don't worry, I'm working on the whole crony situation. :wink:
It's been quite a puzzle, but the peices are really starting to come together . :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:34 pm 

Chuckles wrote:

Shoot maybe I should run to the Lake County Treasurers office and pay my other half of my property taxes, then they will have some money. Oh wait, I haven't gotten that bill yet and on the webiste it says its due February 6. Sorry can't help.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:45 pm 

I'm hearing now that the guys from Public Works aren't getting paid overtime for all the work that they're putting in this weekend clearing the streets of snow. They're being forced to take comp time. How much longer do you think that they'll put up with that? How much longer do you think that any of the SJ employees will put up with the possibilty that they won't get paid? For right now, I think that the people from PW should be applauded for working without getting paid.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:39 am 

Chuckles wrote:
I'm hearing now that the guys from Public Works aren't getting paid overtime for all the work that they're putting in this weekend clearing the streets of snow. They're being forced to take comp time. How much longer do you think that they'll put up with that? How much longer do you think that any of the SJ employees will put up with the possibilty that they won't get paid? For right now, I think that the people from PW should be applauded for working without getting paid.

In all seriousness , :roll: I'm pretty sure the monies are not available due to the state's lack of being on the ball with the property taxes, as usual. Therefore, they are not disbursing the funds. Plus there is the budget constraints. Constraints that have done away with any overtime being given out for the time being. Thinking back to just last year when there would be 2 snowplow trucks going down the street at one time every 20 minutes was a bit of over kill, or should I say overtime. Not so sure I am going to applaud those who plowed for straight time or not. If these are the same few brownie butt point kissers....the overtime privied in the past....the select few, then I could care less, as it's just more brownie points their achieving for the future. Unless I'm wrong, then YES, I will applaud those who gave their time and did so in thinking about the residents, not their own selfish selves and what rewards they will gain in the future. Just goes to show, when the money is there, they will spend it! Not just in this town but all the others. Spending is totally out of control on every stinking level of government, bottom line. They just can't get enough of our tax dollars and fee's so they can just keep on spending it. Right now, this is the best thing to happen to all these towns. Learning to live on a budget and continue to do so even when things start to pick up. But you got to wonder, will government do so? I doubt it. Once things get back to normal, it will be back to the ridiculous spending and not just here, everywhere. :smt006